Bears’ new elements of speed on offense evident in first minicamp practice

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I could be wrong, but Nagy still needs to find a way to utilize this speed. Is he just going to be throwing more screens or finding ways to take the top off the defense?
Really depends how the new OL holds up…

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love the Bears fan logic that "Our QB is inaccurate, our TEs suck, our O Line is awful, our RB is slow, and why doesn't the coach design plays that work in those situations?"
Well, they sucked more when Nagy called the plays

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Well, they sucked more when Nagy called the plays
Not to mention no one is saying all of those things. Monty was a top back towards the end when lazor starting controlling more of the offense. TEs we’re too 10ish production I believe. Mitch wasn’t good, sure but that doesn’t excuse Nagy for all of his other nagyisms

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
When I read this title I thought sam Hurd may be getting another shot...

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I disagree with the article. Nagy added speed when he got here (not that its been helping him). The 2018 roster featured Taylor Gabriel, Tarik Cohen and Trey Burton, certainly not a slow team. And they have continued to add speed along the way.

Speed hasn't been the Bears problem in Nagy's tenure. Its been poor QB play, poor game-planning, bad play calling and a bad running game.

This idea of the Bears being a slow power running team is stale and not based in fact. The Bears have turned over the offense for Nagy. Only one offensive starter remains from the Fox era.. Cody Whitehair.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
In his defense he took deep shots last year, they were either over thrown or dropped, or the protection broke down or a combo of all three. I don't know what's changed besides JF1 and a new left tackle that's going to make them any better in that area with Dalton on the field.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I really hope Nagy figures it out. His playcalling rhythm has always been an issue. So frustrating to watch.
Kinda like his pressers where he either doesn't say anything or 2 seemingly opposite things at the same time. Maybe he needs Adderall or something similar to focus. Fortunately he recognized he wasn't getting it done and handed off to Lazar. We can only hope that if this doesn't improve, he'll do it again.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
What speed have we added that will really get used? We expect to get Goodwin and Byrd significant playing time? Cause Newsome is sidelined and isn't a burner while Miller/Robinson/Mooney/Kmet/Graham/Montgomery were all there last year. Perhaps they're including adding Cohen back into the mix coming off of injury?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Also great when you use the speed of Tarik Cohen or Cordarelle Patterson to run the ball up the gut. I mean that is just a brilliant use of team speed.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I disagree with the article. Nagy added speed when he got here (not that its been helping him). The 2018 roster featured Taylor Gabriel, Tarik Cohen and Trey Burton, certainly not a slow team. And they have continued to add speed along the way.

Speed hasn't been the Bears problem in Nagy's tenure. Its been poor QB play, poor game-planning, bad play calling and a bad running

Great post. They sucked with speed too. Let's not forget Ted Ginn and Corderrell Patterson and "Mitch's legs"?

Speed hasn't been the problem. It's QB & o-line & HC.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
You people do realize KC uses a LOT of those East-west routes with their speed guys, right? The major difference is, it’s not all they use…because they have a QB who can make a defense pay deep as well.

Dalton can do that decently. Hopefully Fields can do it much better. Either way, it stands to be much different this season than with Mitch at QB…