Bears 2013 Mock Draft Database / Draft Discussion

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would you all go nuts...

...if Emery drafted this guy? He is top 30 on many draft boards.

Boise%2BState%2BBroncos%2BJamar%2BTaylor%2B2012%2Bposter%2Bschedule.jpg

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Nope, he'd be a fine pick. Can press, attacks the ball in the air, has the speed and hips to turn and run downfield, decent size.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He would be a nice pick up he is physical with WRs like Tim Jennings.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
We have good starters at many key positions, and he would be a great talent that would require little transition into a starting role after this season.

but he is an outside CB, have you seen much of him at NB? Because though he provides a lot of depth to our CB group, you also want your high draft picks to see the field. Unless an injury happens, there is no supplanting Tillman or Jennings

Man

Liked Posts:
I don't know. It could hurt my vision watching him on TV every game. He's got that 'Photoshopped' look to him.

Gravis

Bears/Bulls/Hawks by 400
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't go nuts, but I'm still fairly certain Emery is going to be more offensive-minded this draft.

Wakacha

Liked Posts:
Mock Draft: (* signifies projected trade)

1.Cheifs - Luke Joeckel
2.Jaguars - Dion Jordan
3.Lions* - Eric Fisher
4.Eagles - Star Lotulelei
5.Raiders* - Ezekiel Ansah
6.Chargers* - Lane Johnson
7.Dolphins* - Dee Milliner
8.Bills - Geno Smith
9.Jets - Tavon Austin
10.Titans - Sharrif Floyd
11.Browns* - Jonathan Cooper
12.Cardinals* - Chance Warmack
13.Jets - Barkevious Mingo
14.Panthers - Sheldon Richardson
15.Saints - Jarvis Jones
16.Rams - Kenny Vaccaro
17.Steelers - Cordarrelle Patterson
18.Cowboys - Sylvester Williams
19.Giants - D.J. Fluker

Bears trade 1[20] to the Minnesota Vikings for 1[23] and 4[120].

20.Vikings* - Xavier Rhodes
21.Bengals - Menelik Watson
22.Rams - DeAndre Hopkins

Bears then trade 1[23] to the Atlanta Falcons for 1[30] and 3[92].

23.Falcons* - Alec Ogletree
24.Colts - Desmond Trufant
25.Vikings - Manti Te'o
26.Packers - Tyler Eifert
27.Texans - Keenan Allen
28.Broncos - Bjoern Werner
29.Patriots - D.J. Hayden

1[30] DE Datone Jones - UCLA
Datone-Jones-420x280.jpg

After trading down twice to stockpile draft picks, Emery is still able to take one of the top players on his board in Jones. One of the most versatile lineman in the draft, Datone has the ability to play both DT and DE, and he will play a role similar to Idonije. He'll contribute immediately and makes this Defensive Line arguably the best in the league. Peppers, Melton, Wootton, McClellin, Paea, Jones, Moore. Opposing offensive lines won't stand a chance. He also brings roster flexibility for the near future, when Wootton and Melton will be free agents, and Peppers will be a cap casualty. A very Phil Emery type pick.

31.49ers - Jonathan Cyprein
32.Jets* - E.J. Manuel

2[50] LB Khaseem Greene - Rutgers
greene-rutgers-ap-fbs-102312.jpg

Continuing to bolster the defense, Khaseem Greene brings some much needed youth to this Linebacker corps. A former Safety (just like that #54 guy), he has excellent coverage skills and has sideline-to-sideline speed that fits perfectly in the Cover 2. He can (hopefully) stay stride for stride with the new age of TEs over the middle. He'll compete for a starting job with James Anderson at SLB, and he should be the OLB of the future for the Bears.

3[92] OG Brian Winters - Kent State
hi-res-5764394_display_image.jpg

Winters fits the role of the mid-round college Tackle that Aaron Kromer converts to Guard and turns into an All-Pro. He's big, strong and physical with a nasty mean streak. He's not the most athletic, but he's got pretty good lateral movement and footwork. He has 0 experience at Guard, so he may take a little bit of development, but he has the potential to be a mauler on the inside. He's also shown great durability and toughness.

4[117] CB Leon McFadden - San Diego St.
uspw_5696038.jpg

With Isaiah Frey being the only Bears CB under contract in 2014, the team has a huge need for youth at the position. McFadden has some of the best ball skills in the draft, and will bolster the Bears secondary. He has a good combination of speed, agility and jumping ability, but he lacks some physicality, although he's still a willing tackler. He'll learn a lot from the 2 Pro Bowlers and Hoke, and should develop into a contributor quite nicely.

4[120] WR Tavarres King - Georgia
Buffalo+v+Georgia+avN96vhaBqfl.jpg

Earl Bennett has greatly under-produced since he got his contract extension, and it's definitely time to bring in additional competition in the slot, in addition to just improving the WR group. King was 2nd in FBS in Yards per Reception, so he also brings the deep threat element that the Bears have been missing since Johnny Knox's injury. He doesn't have great size or speed, but he's an excellent route runner with fantastic hands and veteran awareness. He's dependable and consistent with deep ball ability. A great fit IMO.

5[153] TE Joseph Fauria - UCLA
ucla.win_-300x229.jpg

Trestman's West Coast system is expected to feature a lot of 2 TE sets, so bringing in additional talent with Bennett is important. Rodriguez' role is up in the air, and Maneri is almost exclusively a blocker, so drafting Fauria makes a lot of sense. A huge target at 6' 7", Fauria is a mismatch in the passing game. He's not a speed threat, but he runs great routes and has soft hands with great leaping ability (as you can see). He's not the best blocker, but he's not a liability. He'll be great over the middle, and could become the redzone target that Cutler wanted Davis to become.

6[188] DT Jared Smith - New Hampshire
kw5m87iaa469ol84_display_image.jpg

The Bears lack depth at DT, so using a late round pick here makes a lot of sense. Jared Smith comes from a small school, but he's shown to be a good interior lineman. He's got great hands and a quick first step that allows him to get pressure from the inside. He's got a good motor, and impressed at the combine, posting the same Shuttle time as Barkevious Mingo.

Depth Chart:

QB: Cutler, McCown, Blanchard
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen
FB: Rodriguez, Unga
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, King, Weems, Anderson
TE: Bennett, Maneri, Fauria, Rodriguez
LT: Bushrod, Brandon
LG: Slauson, Brown
C: Garza, Williams
RG: Winters/Carimi/Brown
RT: Webb/Scott

RE: Peppers, McClellin, Moore
DT: Melton, Collins
NT: Paea, Fluellen, Smith
LE: Wootton, Jones
SLB: Anderson/Greene
MLB: Williams, Costanzo
WLB: Briggs, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, McFadden, Frey/Bowman, McMannis
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz, Zbikowski

Well?

Nick80

I don't want to quote the entire of the above post just to say Yes, but YES. I would take the above in an instant.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm totally fine with a CB in the first. As far as him being an outside guy, Jennings is a prototypical nickel. So .... Yes this would be a good pick up IMO.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would you all go nuts...

I'd take Kiko Alonso later and then stop drafting from those schools. The DB wouldn't be a bad pick either though.

patg006

Liked Posts:
...if Emery drafted this guy? He is top 30 on many draft boards.

Boise%2BState%2BBroncos%2BJamar%2BTaylor%2B2012%2Bposter%2Bschedule.jpg

No, I'd be disappointed because Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant are better CB who will more than likely be on the board at 20.......plust this cat is 5'11; not bad, but with WRs growing to be 6'3 and taller I'd prefer Trufant (6 flat-6'1) and Rhodes (6'2.)

Can this guy cover Megatron in 2 games if we lose Peanut Tillman to FA or retirement after this year? I'd take my chances on Desmond or Xavier with the extra couple inches and faster 40 times.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think we have more pressing needs than cornerback where both our starters started in the probowl. Yes, I realize both are on the last year of their deal. We still have to play THIS year.