Bears 2021 Opponents

Perspective

Liked Posts:
ARob’s not coming back. That ship has sailed.

The Bears will probably tank next year regardless of whether they mean to, and regardless of whether Trubisky is back.

I used to think this defense was tank proof. I don’t think that anymore, especially looking at next year’s opponents.

Wow - I am glad you know that for sure that ARob is not coming back.....

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rebuilding in the NFL does not work. Higher draft picks have no correlation with long-term success.
Rebuilding is a necessity when you change regimes. When Pace goes, you rebuild because the team is constructed with his blueprint.

This is football 101.

Everyone always assumes its all about how high the pick is. Its about the value of the pick(s) too. The pick(s) have greater value in terms of trading up/down. Why do you think every single war room has draft trade value sheets?

You know what doesn't work? What the Bears have been doing. You know who doesn't rebuild? teams with great GMs. Thats where the long term success comes from. That and QBs. This football hell that you love so much leads to nothing. You're actually living through it and somehow don't realize it.

Incredible.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
transition tag is the ideal route IMHO

Not sure of the exact rules, but I thought Bears can't use the transition tag again until Fuller's contract expires since they used it on him. I don't believe it's a one-per-year option like the franchise tag.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Kyler Murray is a joke.....all he can do is run around like a chicken with his head cut off.....good thing he has a top 3 WR on his team that he can throw jump balls to like Matt Ryan does with Julio. or Stafford did with Calvin J ...and that makes all of them look like decent QBs.....none of them are special.... the Cards could not even beat Det this year and with the playoffs on the line they choked in back to back games against back up Qbs
calm down Montucky

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Next year could be pretty rough. Zero startable QBs on the roster, odds are good that AR leaves in FA and no way to really acquire any potential QB talent.
Unless you trade up and get Zach Wilson....then all of the sudden you've got Wilson/ARob/Monty/Mooney/Kmet. You also have Foles behind Wilson serving as the moral and emotional support guy which he's very good at.

Seriously, resign ARob and then figure out the highest team who wants Wilson and trade to their spot to get him. The Bears really don't have any hope of a real starter in 2021 (mac jones and Trask have little hope of being good nfl starters imo).

Perspective

Liked Posts:
and now it’s looking more and more like 2018 was a fluke. we shall see what happens with Kingsburry but with regards to Nagy we are now starting to see what happens when his defense plays below an exceptional level

Didn't the Bears d play below exceptional level vs the vikings and the Bears won? Also ss
Rebuilding is a necessity when you change regimes. When Pace goes, you rebuild because the team is constructed with his blueprint.

This is football 101.

Everyone always assumes its all about how high the pick is. Its about the value of the pick(s) too. The pick(s) have greater value in terms of trading up/down. Why do you think every single war room has draft trade value sheets?

You know what doesn't work? What the Bears have been doing. You know who doesn't rebuild? teams with great GMs. Thats where the long term success comes from. That and QBs. This football hell that you love so much leads to nothing. You're actually living through it and somehow don't realize it.

Incredible.

Define rebuild? The NFL is a year to year re-tooling for all teams....and most teams keep short term and long term in mind when they do it.

The Saints went 7-9 for 3 years in a row and they did not fire Sean Payton or Brees through it all....they kept re-tooling year to year and got back to 10+ wins a year

The Chiefs were mediocre for a long long time....always lost in the playoffs .... never won anything ....and they kept re-tooling until they got lucky with this cast of personnel that has them competing for the SB every year now

Yes everyone knows if you can get a HOF QB you will compete every year and that is every team's goal....but for every Mahomes there is also a Darnold and Jamarcus Russell and Rosen and Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith and JOey Harrington that get drafted really high and bust..... so you keep taking shots and hope one of them is the real deal. To me, that's re-tooling ....

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Unless you trade up and get Zach Wilson....then all of the sudden you've got Wilson/ARob/Monty/Mooney/Kmet. You also have Foles behind Wilson serving as the moral and emotional support guy which he's very good at.

Seriously, resign ARob and then figure out the highest team who wants Wilson and trade to their spot to get him. The Bears really don't have any hope of a real starter in 2021 (mac jones and Trask have little hope of being good nfl starters imo).
i could see wilson landing as high as 3 though. not gonna be cheap and probably not even possible to trade that high.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

What exactly are you trading to get up that far?

our whole draft is only worth 1400 on the draft chart

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Didn't the Bears d play below exceptional level vs the vikings and the Bears won? Also ss

Define rebuild? The NFL is a year to year re-tooling for all teams....and most teams keep short term and long term in mind when they do it.

The Saints went 7-9 for 3 years in a row and they did not fire Sean Payton or Brees through it all....they kept re-tooling year to year and got back to 10+ wins a year

The Chiefs were mediocre for a long long time....always lost in the playoffs .... never won anything ....and they kept re-tooling until they got lucky with this cast of personnel that has them competing for the SB every year now

Yes everyone knows if you can get a HOF QB you will compete every year and that is every team's goal....but for every Mahomes there is also a Darnold and Jamarcus Russell and Rosen and Ryan Leaf and Akili Smith and JOey Harrington that get drafted really high and bust..... so you keep taking shots and hope one of them is the real deal. To me, that's re-tooling ....
When i say rebuild, i'm talking about a complete rebuild, not retooling. Getting rid of the HC/QB and selling off some aging but productive players for draft capital.

The Saints keeping their QB and HC isn't a rebuild and they had a SB to merit keeping them around.

The Chiefs got Lucky? They got Andy Reid. Thats where it changed.

Like you say, keep taking shots for the QB. But a guy thats proven to not know how to do that shouldnt be the one to do it. At the end of the day, have you won a playoff game recently? Pace 6 years with zero. You gotta earn it. Time to set his blueprint on fire because the most expensive defense in the NFL has fizzled out. The HC he hired to finally bring a modern nfl offense to the Bears has failed to do that and i dont need to get into what he's done with the QB position. No money. Not in position to get a top QB. Rebuild and take another shot with someone new.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
i could see wilson landing as high as 3 though. not gonna be cheap and probably not even possible to trade that high.
He might but he can also fall to the back end of the top 10, if we're at pick 7/8 and he's still there giving up 2021 pick 20, 2021 3rd round pick, and 2022 1st round pick may get you there (that's the Mahomes trade). That's just a starting offer too, you can add to that, and it may even be possible to crack the top 3.

Let Mitch go, resign ARob, trade up there and get Wilson, and take LT in the 2nd round. Start Foles until he sucks too much and then get Wilson in there. I see Wilson's floor as Jay Cutler tbh. He's got terrific arm talent and he's athletic, how many of those guys end up sucking? I'm sure some of them do, but I also know that those are the guys who have a chance at being Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Russell Wilson.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
He might but he can also fall to the back end of the top 10, if we're at pick 7/8 and he's still there giving up 2021 pick 20, 2021 3rd round pick, and 2022 1st round pick may get you there (that's the Mahomes trade). That's just a starting offer too, you can add to that, and it may even be possible to crack the top 3.

Let Mitch go, resign ARob, trade up there and get Wilson, and take LT in the 2nd round. Start Foles until he sucks too much and then get Wilson in there. I see Wilson's floor as Jay Cutler tbh. He's got terrific arm talent and he's athletic, how many of those guys end up sucking? I'm sure some of them do, but I also know that those are the guys who have a chance at being Aaron Rodgers/Patrick Mahomes/Russell Wilson.
that’s a lot of capital to give up for one guy who could bust like every other guy when there’s a ton of holes on the roster that need to be filled. this defense needs a major re tooling sooner than later

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
that’s a lot of capital to give up for one guy who could bust like every other guy when there’s a ton of holes on the roster that need to be filled. this defense needs a major re tooling sooner than later
If Zach Wilson turns out to be a good one then think of what you have on offense: Wilson/ARob/Mooney/Montgomery/Kmet.

That's: a good QB, a top 10 WR, a solid #2 WR, a top 10 RB, and a solid TE who can both block and make catches. You also at least have a settled interior line that has proven to be capable of at least dominating weaker DLs in just 6 games together.

That's starting to look like one of the best offenses in football to me.

The defense doesn't need a major retooling. They need a good CB or 2, another good ILB, a good DT, and then some better coaching. Better coaching is hopefully right around the corner. Even without any changes this defense is still an average squad or a bit better that'll mug weaker offenses (as we saw against HOU/JAX) for a couple more years.

You can commit draft 2022 and FA 2022 to the defense.

Or you can flip the order and try to build a killer defense this offseason (could probably get a good ILB/CB pretty easily this draft) and go offense in 2022, but I really like Zach Wilson. He might fall to a spot where a trade up isn't so bad, you never know.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, they're toss ups at this point, but I went with which team has more upside. Steelers are just better coached and a much better franchise consistently.

I'm also kinda assuming Nick Foles will be the starter week 1 so 6 wins might even be a little generous lol.
If Foles starts all year 3-13

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Can you explain how the cap would look like after you released all these expensive contracts and before you signed 51 other players to replace them.
I said “definitely” keeping. Obviously you’re not going to have a completely 100% overturned roster. Also the reset doesn’t need to happen in 1 off season. But with this team you can probably get rid of the contracts that need to go over the next 2 off seasons.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
i just think it would be a mistake to let a guy walk who had 100 catches and 1200 yards with this group of losers at QB. that’s a supremely talented WR.
Yea I get it. I like him as a player too. But if you want to commit to a rebuild which I think is the only way this team goes back up, then starting it out with giving a mega contract to a WR isn’t the way to go

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not sure of the exact rules, but I thought Bears can't use the transition tag again until Fuller's contract expires since they used it on him. I don't believe it's a one-per-year option like the franchise tag.
NFL teams are permitted to only use one franchise or transition tag per year.