Bears' Affairs Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was his MCL that he sprained, he never hurt his ACL. And he admitted that his hamstring bothered him during the season. From what I've heard Forte has regained the speed and explosiveness that we didn't see last season, and he'll likely be the starter, which Taylor is fine with.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't care who starts really, we wouldn't have signed Chester Taylor if we weren't going to do a running back by committee ala DeAngelo/Johnathan Stewart in Carolina.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
At this point, it doesn't matter who starts. This o-line has not been improved one iota over last season.

beardown28

That's What She Said
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offensive line looked pretty good at the end of last year. I have faith in them.

WFBST

Liked Posts:
I think Forte will start over Taylor, but Chester will still play a key part. Forte never got his legs back after getting abused his rookie year. We leaned on that kid hard and his body let him know it last year. This year should be more like his rookie campaign.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Forte will start over Taylor, but Chester will still play a key part. Forte never got his legs back after getting abused his rookie year. We leaned on that kid hard and his body let him know it last year. This year should be more like his rookie campaign.

Thank you! I said that he would be beat up after 2008.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At this point, it doesn't matter who starts. This o-line has not been improved one iota over last season.

Dude, what?

Getting Pace out and moving Williams to his natural position helps in itself. Our O-Line isn't elite, but it should be average this year, which is a huge step up from last year.

hsvj60

Liked Posts:
unless we get another top OL preferrably at the LG postion we're not even average Williams is the only playher we have that showed some real promise

Manticore

Liked Posts:
Dude, what?

Getting Pace out and moving Williams to his natural position helps in itself. Our O-Line isn't elite, but it should be average this year, which is a huge step up from last year.

Bingo. I looked at some of the Vikings blogs,and they made some valid points about how well he did with their oline,taking mediocre players like Matt Birk(6th round draft pick) and turned them into probowlers. I know it was one game, but Chris Williams completely shut down Jared Allen in the one bright spot on the season,the monday night game.

Chris Williams is recognized as being the best Left Tackle in the division,and that's after only a hand full of starts(small sample size,i know).

Maybe Tice is hyped too much,but apparently there's supposed to be half a dozen different blocking personal schemes that they are running this year which will help the running game.Aside from the "privately" publicized injury of Matt Forte,the line has improved by default and will affect the running game positively. Tice is apparently very high on Lance Louis,so we'll see if he or Kevin Schaeffer come out on top of that one.

It's easy to say they haven't improved because we don't know if they have,but it's nice to have a little faith every once in awhile.*cough* Lefty*cough*

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know. It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a feeling some decent linemen will be cut after pre-season starts. I don't think we need to panic about the o-line, yet. Let's see who becomes available.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Dude, what?

We've never seen Williams play his natural position at the NFL level, all we've seen is him sucking terribly where the Bears put him. Yeah, great, he's playing his natural position, but if how he plays his natural position is anything like how he played out of position last year, I wouldn't be so quick to call him "an improvement".

And yeah, Pace is gone, replaced by......who, exactly? Oh yeah, a guy that we've rarely seen at his natural position, and sucked at the RT spot. Wonderful :rolleyes:

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I don't think we need to panic about the o-line, yet.

What are you talking about? Did you happen to WATCH a game last season? The o-line should have been panicked over the minute free agency started. Cutler was getting KILLED last year, and what is the response from fucking moron Bears fans? "Well, I don't think we should worry about it, we have Chris Williams moving back to his natural position and Orlando Pace is gone. So yeah, that should about cover it." :rolleyes:

Bunch of fucking morons.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lefty, I'm not saying the O-line isn't a problem area. Clearly it is. But it did look better at the end of last season and they still have time to improve it. That doesn't mean they will, but we don't know that yet.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
All we know is that they haven't improved it. It did start to get better at the end of last season, but "better" here is relative to the big pile of Swiss cheese they were before. So great, they went from "fucking awful" to merely "below average", and have done nothing to improve on that. As it stands, this line is still below average at-best (for those of you that can see who else is on the line instead of focusing on the "saving grace" that is Chris Williams: Frank Omiyale is garbage, Garza and Kreutz are equal amounts hot garbage and Kevin Shaffer is another question mark lineman with a good amount of years on him).

Is it possible Garza and Kreutz come back rejuvenated? Yes, however--and this might be pissing in the wind with you guys--don't make the mistake of confusing possible and probable. Can Chris Williams and Frank Omiyale come back and improve on their gap control and quickness? Again, it's possible, but given how unthinkably bad Omiyale was (and how bad Williams' knees are), there's little reason to think it probable.

So then, we have Williams at his natural position (question mark), and steaming garbage at the rest of the spots on the line...yeah, what a great time to start hoping.

And pointing out "we don't know that yet" only further illustrates your guys' levels of meatballishness, as it only takes a quick glance at last year (even the relative "improvement" we saw) and who is on the roster now to see that there is little, if anything, to hope for.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lefty, can you get your point across without fucking everything up? Jesus Christ. And yeah, Williams is definitely good at left tackle. He showed it at the end of the season. It should be a barely improved line.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Eh, I don't know.....I mean, I get the value of LeFevour in the 6th round, and with almost any other team in the league it would have been more than acceptable, but given everything this organization has been through over the last year (bad drafting, bad acquisitions, underachieving, front office disarray, etc), this draft needed to be a "need" draft through and through. That means every round, every pick, they should have been drafting out of need, and picking up a QB in the 6th round--while a great value pick in a vacuum--just doesn't make sense when you haven't even drafted an o-lineman (one of the biggest problem areas) at that point.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
Eh, I don't know.....I mean, I get the value of LeFevour in the 6th round, and with almost any other team in the league it would have been more than acceptable, but given everything this organization has been through over the last year (bad drafting, bad acquisitions, underachieving, front office disarray, etc), this draft needed to be a "need" draft through and through. That means every round, every pick, they should have been drafting out of need, and picking up a QB in the 6th round--while a great value pick in a vacuum--just doesn't make sense when you haven't even drafted an o-lineman (one of the biggest problem areas) at that point.

It depends on what you mean by need. All you can hope for out of a 6th round pick is for them to make the team. There was no starting caliber player there to take over LeFevour. LeFevour has the makings of a good situational player. Very simialr to Tebow. I would like to see LeFevour learn a goalline package where his lack of arm strength wont matter. He's a smart QB who is also a very good rusher. Perfect for the goalline where we struggled last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.