Bears' Affairs Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
It depends on what you mean by need. All you can hope for out of a 6th round pick is for them to make the team. There was no starting caliber player there to take over LeFevour. LeFevour has the makings of a good situational player. Very simialr to Tebow. I would like to see LeFevour learn a goalline package where his lack of arm strength wont matter. He's a smart QB who is also a very good rusher. Perfect for the goalline where we struggled last year.

If Orlando Pace got to be a starting lineman last year, a pick from the 6th round has an equally good shot.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
If Orlando Pace got to be a starting lineman last year, a pick from the 6th round has an equally good shot.

No actually that's not true at all. Pace had nothing to do with our draft. Pace did his job. He played LT until Williams could.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Pretty sure Pace and Lovie went way back...so I must disagree w/ your statement.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sometimes the best thing for an OLine is continuity. Having the same unit for consecutive seasons helps players figures out how to play with each other, and then their performance improves.

I also love the addition of Mike Tice. He seems like the kind of guy people want to play for.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sometimes the best thing for an OLine is continuity. Having the same unit for consecutive seasons helps players figures out how to play with each other, and then their performance improves.

I also love the addition of Mike Tice. He seems like the kind of guy people want to play for.

Yeah I liked the addition of Tice as well.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they wont. How would we pay him?

I have no idea. My guess: all of our offense, with the exception of Cutler, isn't really highly paid. Nobody in our receiving core except Hester isn't paid much.

regoob2

Liked Posts:
I have no idea. My guess: all of our offense, with the exception of Cutler, isn't really highly paid. Nobody in our receiving core except Hester isn't paid much.

The reason he is holding out is because he wants a new contract right now. He doesnt want to play until he gets a new contract. That wont change in Chicago.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Chargers aren't shopping Jackson.

The Bears won't pay him a hefty contract. Should they? Well yes because we need a #1 WR, but it wont happen.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plans: Tribute to "Sweetness".
Predicting all 16 games of the Bears' regular season. (coming later.)
Any Bears happenings.

bossdrb

The Boss
Donator
Liked Posts:
Next article: who will have the most success as a safety next year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
So Craig Steltz is totally disregarded why?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Supposedly means nothing, he's been considered the most consistent safety throughout the offseason and while others may be currently getting knicked up he has as good of a chance as both Manning and Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.