Bears are 1st in the NFL with 32 sacks as a team

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not a fan of Desai at all. He gets torched when it matters most. But he is better than Pagano as Pagano bizarrely called a mostly conservative defensive scheme with some top-notch pass rushing talent up front.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not a fan of Desai at all. He gets torched when it matters most. But he is better than Pagano as Pagano bizarrely called a mostly conservative defensive scheme with some top-notch pass rushing talent up front.

Maybe but the players at DB are awful Vildor is terrible.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Vildor passing rating against 136.7

Burns passing rating against 137.5

Fuller passing rating against 2019 87.1

Desai doesnt get torched when it matters most. Vildor and now Burns get torched when it matters most.

There is very little a DC can do when your 2nd CB is giving up a near perfect passer rating no matter who you put there.

This is even more telling because the Bears lead in sacks so the 2nd CB is getting torched despite the DL providing decent pressure.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I think every game has sacks this year but sacks hardly happen in key drives where they are needed most.
they're such a blowjob team they can lead in sacks and still not get them at the right times.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think every game has sacks this year but sacks hardly happen in key drives where they are needed most.

This should be a sack on a key drive. However, Vildor fails to even guard Watkins and as a result Hutley has an easy pass to an uncovered WR. If Vildor guards the right man then Huntley cant throw that ball with Vildor and a S over the top so he likely holds the ball a tad too long for the sack or has to throw it away.

The problem is obvious. Teams dont even throw to Johnson much anymore. Just throe to whoever Vildor or Burns is guarding.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

46 seconds of vid. Goff gets this off just before getting sacked. Burns starts of 10 yards off of the WR but someone the WR still ends up like 3 yards past him. How a CB playing 10 yards off could end up losing 13 yards of space in just under 3 seconds is beyond me. I could understand if he were pressing but again literally playing 10 yards off and still gets beat by 3 yards.

This is not the DC. The players at 2nd CB are just that bad.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vildor passing rating against 136.7

Burns passing rating against 137.5

Fuller passing rating against 2019 87.1

Desai doesnt get torched when it matters most. Vildor and now Burns get torched when it matters most.

There is very little a DC can do when your 2nd CB is giving up a near perfect passer rating no matter who you put there.

This is even more telling because the Bears lead in sacks so the 2nd CB is getting torched despite the DL providing decent pressure.

Yep CBs and that's on Pace but don't pretend Desai didn't botch playcalling in key drives this year a la Ravens game winning drive. To call out one bad gear is not that same as saying the bad cog is in any way "good".

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The big thing is the blown coverages in the secondary. Most of the time the defense is good, then they just inexplicably let someone run free down the field. It happens way to often. On balance the pass defense is good, despite the bad secondary play, and the the run defense is pretty bad. A good pass rush covers a lot of issues in the secondary, and the Bears are a pretty good pass rushing defense.

None of it has much too do with the coach. He isn't exploding off the line and disrupting plays. Quinn is playing great football. He also isn't missing assignments in the secondary.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vildor fails to even guard Watkins and as a result Hutley has an easy pass to an uncovered WR.

Burns starts of 10 yards off of the WR

Yep, bad coaching and no safety help for bad CBs. No zone shifting after snap to confuse a young QB.

You aren't wrong. The CB2 is that bad but Desai is not absolved.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bottom 3rd of the league unit and this idiot can’t help himself but suck off the DC at every turn instead of just saying he’s wrong.
I can say anything and you'll disagree with me. You BIG mad.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Whats fucking crazy about this stat is teams aren’t in “must pass” situations very often. There’s no pressure to hold the ball to make a big play. Pretty incredible statline. ‘21 Quinn is what Mack was supposed to be.