#Bears are another team with interest in Jameis Winston

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Jameis would almost certainly be better than anything we've had the last few years. If he's what it comes to, so be it. Be interesting to watch, while still likely losing and costing Nagy and pace their jobs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the bears go the FA route and draft a QB I wouldn't mind Jamies Winston. He's a low risk in terms of what the bears would have to pay for him and a high reward player. If he can cut down on the turnovers he can be a pretty decent QB. If the bears are going to risk losing games I'd rather them have risk it by taking shots with a gunslinger because I'm tired of watching this dink and dunk then punt crap.

Winston is a slightly better version of Cutler.
No he is not.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
If they can’t get Watson.
I would like to see the Bears trade down in the draft and pick up a extra picks and draft a quarterback like Trask in the 2nd round or taking a quarterback at 20.
I can see this team going 6-11 all the way to 4-13 next year and I’d rather not waste that high draft pick on a trade for Carr.

i agree! 4-12 or 8-8. Does it matter? This team is old with no qb, no cap space with a management staff that resembles the three stoges

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
To me the appeal to Winston is that you don't have to go all-in for him at all. And yet he's still an upgrade at the QB spot for us in terms of arm talent.
But it’s Pace.... he will probably give up two 1st round picks to sign a Free Agent.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He might make losing more interesting but the Bears are still going to lose alot of games lol. I'd rather Pace just keep Foles and save cap space if this is the plan. Plan for lots of naps during Bears games in 2021

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Winston AND a draft pick QB, I would be ok with that.

Foles and Winston fight for the starting position and rookie sits

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would be quite the shift to go from the Nagy behind the LOS pass plays to a return of the fuck it, go deep mentality.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He might make losing more interesting but the Bears are still going to lose alot of games lol. I'd rather Pace just keep Foles and save cap space if this is the plan. Plan for lots of naps during Bears games in 2021
Naps? Are you crazy? The most entertaining Bears football is really bad Bears football. I'm at the laughing stage with this team now.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Let Winston go out there and sling it. Tell Arob he's getting 7 targets a game guaranteed and he can go get the ball and earn his money.

Draft another WR in the 1st and some online and we're competitive as much or more than this year.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cause Payton has a hard on for Hill. When they needed to throw it down the field, they brought in Winston.

Yep they signed him to a 2 year 21 million extension. He's the highest paid backup in the league. Sean loves Hill

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep they signed him to a 2 year 21 million extension. He's the highest paid backup in the league. Sean loves Hill
And Hill is the best utility player there is, but he'll never be a very good starting QB.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Hill is the best utility player there is, but he'll never be a very good starting QB.
I never understood why Tebow wouldn't accept that type of role he was a hell of an athlete

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Naps? Are you crazy? The most entertaining Bears football is really bad Bears football. I'm at the laughing stage with this team now.
I fell asleep during multiple games this past year. I was that fucking bored lmao

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel asleep during multiple games this past year. I was that fucking bored lmao
I like to just take educated guess on how the Bears will lose to any decent team on any given Sunday. Keeps me immersed and amused when I guess right.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel asleep during multiple games this past year. I was that fucking bored lmao
Their incompetence gives me an energy that i imagine coke does for others.