#Bears are another team with interest in Jameis Winston

Montucky

Liked Posts:
For what would basically be no cost I'd love to go for a ride on the Jameis Winston rollercoaster for a season.

Sign Jameis Winston
Sign Taylor Moton
Tag & trade Allen Robinson II for a late first or early second
Draft a quarterback with twentieth overall
BPA the rest of the draft

That's my ideal off-season.

mecha

Liked Posts:
trade Nick Foles for a 7th round pick too. Pace might be able to find Cohen's replacement there.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
trade Nick Foles for a 7th round pick too. Pace might be able to find Cohen's replacement there.
I'm open to all sorts of minor moves, that was just the major stuff I'd love to see done.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will become a solid starter. If I were a bettin fella, I'd put my money on him. Yes he thew some picks, but he also put up some big #s. He's the best option for a long term QB that a team could get for a reasonable price. Put him in a more west coast scheme instead of a vertical scheme like Tampa.

if the bears get winston, it will literally just be the same shit over again

another under performing retread, bears won't win enough games, everybody gets fired, good players age out, and the whole circus starts over

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This will be his 7th season in the league.....when Drew Brees went down they brought in Taysom Hill instead of Winston to play in the 4 games? I wonder why​
ANd even though Brees has not officially retired, he did tell Winston that this is his team now. I wonder why

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For what would basically be no cost I'd love to go for a ride on the Jameis Winston rollercoaster for a season.

Sign Jameis Winston
Sign Taylor Moton

So you’re a no on Watson but all in on Winston?

:what:

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
ANd even though Brees has not officially retired, he did tell Winston that this is his team now. I wonder why
So Brees is a liar as well?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will become a solid starter. If I were a bettin fella, I'd put my money on him. Yes he thew some picks, but he also put up some big #s. He's the best option for a long term QB that a team could get for a reasonable price. Put him in a more west coast scheme instead of a vertical scheme like Tampa.

I think our scheme with Nagy being hyper controlling could be just the thing for him. Nagy needs a gun and the kid has that.

JW has probably matured, and a year in Drew Brees leadership school is legit. Thats Harvard for Leadership, and he even got to see him handle making mistakes and throwing picks because his body wasn't able to do its job.

I've recommended him for a couple years just because his arm stretches the field for this scheme. If Nagy can take some helpings off his plate and simplify a scheme that can actually imbed the necessary randomness and in-play adjustments...

IDK...it takes a special player to run a reactionary system, I think its foolish what the Bears did to just assume Nagy could "inherit" any old Qb...they need to hunt one down that can run this better than anybody imagined. Change the world. Find that guy that makes this system a nightmare.

I'd love to take a look Tyrod Taylor and Jamies Winston in it and see what happens. Then drafted the best big armed super athlete smart guy QB you can find. Just the best traits you can find that create as many threats as possible.

The o-line is a joke and has been for years now. I don't even blame Long I think he got screwed over by mismanagement that got him hurt.

Why the fuck is Ryan Pace's QB problem still festering on Nagy three years in? We should have been hunting all this time, and we shouldn't expect to hit the first one...bring 3 or 4 quality QB's in here per year...let it be known there is a competition to find a Hall of Fame chicago bears QB and we are looking at anyone up to the task of building themselves into one.

Fix the damn offensive line, quit joking around. Pay the bill, invest the resources, don't ignore. Make your life easier. Fuck.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Winston will probably go to the Colts.....obviously until Brees makes his decision the Saints will have until the 16th of March to either sign him or release him

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Reactions: DC

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Its about cost. Winston doesn't require the Bears give up literally all of their salary cap space and draft picks until 2024.
So your solution is another aging journeyman QB? Bold strategy, I can't think of any other vets the Bears have brought in that didn't work out.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Saints have one of the worst Cap situations in the NFL. They would have to trade or cut Hill to offer Winston over 10 Mill a year. I expect the Colts to trade up for one of the top 3 QBs in the draft.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sign Jameis Winston
Sign Taylor Moton

Every time somewhat trots this out there I know they don't have a clue.

No one is going to give up a 1st rounder for AR on a tag. At best, you might get an early third.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
So your solution is another aging journeyman QB? Bold strategy, I can't think of any other vets the Bears have brought in that didn't work out.
Aging? Jameis Winston is less than two years older than Deshaun Watson. They're both in their mid-twenties. Again, this board continues its proud tradition of being absolutely clueless about even basic, Google-able facts.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Saints have one of the worst Cap situations in the NFL. They would have to trade or cut Hill to offer Winston over 10 Mill a year. I expect the Colts to trade up for one of the top 3 QBs in the draft.
Winston may have to take a 1 year deal from a team like the Colts, Bears and the Saints as a show me type deal. I mean he was just the 3rd string quarterback on the Saints. 5-10 million is the most he may get.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson or nothing. I'd rather the Bears either acquire Watson or stick with Foles. I want all of our draft capital in tact for the next GM or Head Coach. If they cannot get a deal done for Watson, stand pat, draft offensive line, go 4-12 with Foles and draft top five next year.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why would you offer him over 10 million a year? He is a third string quarterback