#Bears are another team with interest in Jameis Winston

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aging? Jameis Winston is less than two years older than Deshaun Watson. They're both in their mid-twenties. Again, this board continues its proud tradition of being absolutely clueless about even basic, Google-able facts.
And once again, the entire point of my post goes completely over your head

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Watson or nothing. I'd rather the Bears either acquire Watson or stick with Foles. I want all of our draft capital in tact for the next GM or Head Coach. If they cannot get a deal done for Watson, stand pat, draft offensive line, go 4-12 with Foles and draft top five next year.
They may go 4-13 or 3-14 with our schedule. I just wonder who the back up will be once Foles gets injured

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It’s seems to be a recurring event with him.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
They may go 4-13 or 3-14 with our schedule. I just wonder who the back up will be once Foles gets injured
The less we know about them, the better it will be for the Bears long term. Feel free to sign Sucky McSucksuck as an undrafted FA from any tech school and we should be set.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Well yeah if you're just going to blatantly make shit up about Jameis Winston to make him look bad of course he'll seem like a bad option. The strangest part is there are actual reasons to not like Jameis Winston, but you chose to just go full ChiCity Sports and write a bunch of nonsense.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Why would you offer him over 10 million a year? He is a third string quarterback
If his new team cuts his Int's to less than 10-15 a year he can be a top 15 QB in the NFL. He can get the ball deep. Something Bears QBs have never been able to do.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If his new team cuts his Int's to less than 10-15 a year he can be a top 15 QB in the NFL. He can get the ball deep. Something Bears QBs have never been able to do.
If.....?

BigUglyBear

Liked Posts:
For me, I don't care what happened when a guy was in college. Nothing bad has happened with him in the pros.
Adipost and Bears26 have already mentioned this, but you like links. #LeadershipQualities.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Saints have one of the worst Cap situations in the NFL. They would have to trade or cut Hill to offer Winston over 10 Mill a year. I expect the Colts to trade up for one of the top 3 QBs in the draft.
Would we want to trade for Hill they re-sign Winston?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ok....I can't read lips. But this vid has been making the rounds

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If Winston, or a rookie, is the best we can do to upgrade QB Sweaty Teddy might as well start compiling his list of GM candidates now.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If Winston, or a rookie, is the best we can do to upgrade QB Sweaty Teddy might as well start compiling his list of GM candidates now.
The most realistic shot at Ryan Pace keeping his job is that he drafts a rookie quarterback who steps in and looks good. Wouldn't have to be Justin Herbert or Baker Mayfield rookie year good, but somebody who shows a lot of promise. If he did that they'd give him another year, I think.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take Winston....Brees told him this is your team now after the game...maybe he sees stuff at practice or in QB room. It's better then Mitch....not a ton better, but better. Also maybe time sitting helped.

Its better than fucking Foles

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well yeah if you're just going to blatantly make shit up about Jameis Winston to make him look bad of course he'll seem like a bad option. The strangest part is there are actual reasons to not like Jameis Winston, but you chose to just go full ChiCity Sports and write a bunch of nonsense.
Is he not an aging journeyman vet QB? Maybe 'aging' was a poor word to use as you took it extremely literal as in he's old. He's going on his 6th year in the league and has thrown 88 picks. Oh and he hardly played this year. The Saints opted to play Hill who is hardly a QB over him in the absence of Drew Brees. And he's about to be on his 3rd team in 3 years. Aging journeyman vet.

If Pace wants to go this route, he might as well just stick with Foles and not waste his time or cap space. Your ideal scenario of signing Winston is preposterous and as you conveniently ignored in my initial post is exactly the thing the Bears have done since Pace came it. It's not a winning formula.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I'll take Winston....Brees told him this is your team now after the game...maybe he sees stuff at practice or in QB room. It's better then Mitch....not a ton better, but better. Also maybe time sitting helped.

Its better than fucking Foles
I wonder why Sean Payton, basically knowing this is probably Brees’ last year would of used Hill instead of Winston. Now why would Brees tell a third string quarterback that he is now the quarterback of the team.
lotta questions.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Is he not an aging journeyman vet QB? Maybe 'aging' was a poor word to use as you took it extremely literal as in he's old. He's going on his 6th year in the league and has thrown 88 picks. Oh and he hardly played this year. The Saints opted to play Hill who is hardly a QB over him in the absence of Drew Brees. And he's about to be on his 3rd team in 3 years. Aging journeyman vet.

If Pace wants to go this route, he might as well just stick with Foles and not waste his time or cap space. Your ideal scenario of signing Winston is preposterous and as you conveniently ignored in my initial post is exactly the thing the Bears have done since Pace came it. It's not a winning formula.
No...aging is the perfect word...He is an aging quarterback who became a third string quarterback on the Saints.
Now all of a sudden he is the next greatest quarterback ever

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree that Winston would actually make games entertaining. Bears are still going to lose, but at least there may be some drama. Not 17 point games with 3& Outs every other drive. It's still a horrible idea.

Montucky

Liked Posts:

No, what the Bears have mostly done the last dozen or so years is shit like the Watson hypothetical. Massive resource dumps into the likes of Jay Cutler or Mitchell Trubisky. Big trades for big talents that fall flat because the big talent never translate in Chicago. Then they're left with a substantial monetary, draft capital and perhaps most importantly playing time commitment to this one player. When these gambits fail they take the whole team down with them, whereas the Nick Foles or Mike Glennon shots in the dark have no real lasting consequences. Even if they dont pan out the Bears don't feel obligated to give those playing time to see what they have.

Meanwhile the Bears bring in Deshaun Watson, win four games, he pouts and whines like a petulant child yet still starts games because you have to start a guy who is taking up twenty-five percent of your cap and cost four draft picks and two good players to acquire.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So your solution is another aging journeyman QB? Bold strategy, I can't think of any other vets the Bears have brought in that didn't work out.
There’s not many options on the table though.

1. Throw everything at the Texans for Watson.
2. Stick with our current or trade for a journeyman QB.
3. Throw everything to draft a top QB.
4. Draft a QB at our current position

If (more then likely) #1 doesn’t work out, the options become significantly worse.