Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wasn't that impressed with him coming into the league because he was one of those LTs that wasn't stout enough to play inside and looked a little soft, think Chris Williams who I also didn't want. To be fair, I have no idea how he plays now but it sounds like he'll be fine as a backup and allow us not to tank with a T ding.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Low risk depth signing. Perpetually injured. Was it just bad luck or is as mentioned above.....does he bring that Chris Williams softness to his game?! He did look like a beast coming out of U of I?!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Seems a pretty low risk swing at a position of need. They are putting a lot on Castillo to turn this ship around so makes sense to get him young bodies with upside to work with.

Potentially frees them up to go CB, WR if that's where the value is.

OL and by extension running game is still my biggest concern going in to 2020 though.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
i was reading what posters on a packers board thought of him and some feel he didnt get a fair shot to develop at LT and was rather cross trained at RG and RT. Spriggs has the athleticism to be a LT he just doesnt seem to trust his technique and tends to panic. It sounds like a good match with castillo whos places heavy emphasis on repetition and building that muscle memory, hopefully he can build some confidence in spriggs' technique.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They’re all but telling the league they’re drafting Eason.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I.U. guy too, and i don't remember him much.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great, hope he works out. Said he panics a lot and loses technique. So now, at practice he gets to face Quinn and Mack... Real confidence booster. Hopefully, this pans out though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Great, hope he works out. Said he panics a lot and loses technique. So now, at practice he gets to face Quinn and Mack... Real confidence booster. Hopefully, this pans out though.
Will make guys that he actually faces seem mild. Ya, that's the ticket!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Just want to see some competition. I dont think I saw Daniels make one bad snap last year, then he got moved to cater to Mitch, who just ended up running more because the snaps were all over the place again with Whitehair, especially the first two games after the switch.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I grew up with Jason. I’ve known him since kindergarten and it’s awesome to see him live out his dreams. He always wanted to be a Bear so I couldn’t be happier for him. His work ethic is great so as long as the injuries are behind him I think he’ll be able to bring something to the Bears.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I grew up with Jason. I’ve known him since kindergarten and it’s awesome to see him live out his dreams. He always wanted to be a Bear so I couldn’t be happier for him. His work ethic is great so as long as the injuries are behind him I think he’ll be able to bring something to the Bears.

Elkhart, my wife grew up there and her dad and some siblings still live there. We go a couple times a year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Just want to see some competition. I dont think I saw Daniels make one bad snap last year, then he got moved to cater to Mitch, who just ended up running more because the snaps were all over the place again with Whitehair, especially the first two games after the switch.

The only thing daniels does better than cody at center is snapping the ball.

It's why we moved them. This was not catering to mitch. Daniels was awful at center this past year.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Think I've got my underdog to root for this year.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At worst, they upgraded the swing tackle. At best they find a serviceable tackle. I bet this signing causes Massie and Leno to up their game as he poses the first real threat to their future on the Bears.

msadows

Liked Posts:
At worst, they upgraded the swing tackle. At best they find a serviceable tackle. I bet this signing causes Massie and Leno to up their game as he poses the first real threat to their future on the Bears.

Not too worried about leno.

He gets a lot of flack on here but since 2015 he's been very solid. 4 years of good play>1 year of bad play. Obviously there is a chance he peaked and is now declining, but I don't think that.

Our RG/RT situation is garb tho. Spriggs would be an upgrade at RT

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was not for Mitch. That was Daniels missing assignments and calls. If it's for Mitch, you put the better snapper in front of him.