Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yeah no new news on Wentz front except speculation that Wentz could say he will only play for one of the Bears or Colts to go to the team of his choosing. If so, I pray to God it is the Colts.
Does he have a no trade clause?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
While I agree with this, if the Jets go Wilson at 2 or they can't trade up far enough for Lance (lot have him going by 8 to Carolina) then they would be screwed.

You think the Jets could pass on Fields? That would be so Jets.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No but the thought is if he told the Bears for example he didn't want to play for them, they would be less inclined to proceed with a deal as they would be risking a disgruntled QB and we saw how shit Wentz played in that circumstance.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In case you guys were wondering, Wentz’ pissing match with his coach got to such a point that he would audible out of coaches plays while the team is driving downfield to hand the ball off two times in a row or take a 10 second sack.

He’s also nearly universally hated by all of his former teammates. It took one game for them to accept a mediocre rookie and for all their veterans on offense to come out and start trashing Wentz.

Oh and he was by far the worst QB in the league last year. He’s constantly injured and constantly making excuses for his performance. He was worse than Mike Glennon last year and he will be in Chicago for at least 3 seasons.

I can’t wait to watch him play here. Bear DOWN! ?
Did you get this from Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
No, but he can go full Jake Plummer. Remember him? Was traded to the Bucs and just decided never to show up.

I would add, this could be a leverage play by the Eagles. They say to both Bears and Colts that he really wants to play on their team and all they have to do is give a bit more.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Despite the stats, he still only managed to rank 28th this year. The reality is the underlying metrics suggest he is almost entirely a creation of Donald and Ramsey. His pass rush win rate is not good. His double team percentage is not good, 7 of his sacks came from Wilson who holds the ball a ton and a lot of the remaining sacks came from coverage or Donald.

We will see how much the Rams care about him if they make an effort to resign him or whether they let him move on because they know that the real talent on that D was Donald and Ramsey. And then if Floyd goes to another team and his numbers fall to Bears numbers, you will still have some people pretend he is better than he actually is.

When Aaron Donald was hobbled against the Pack, Floyd did jack shit against Rodgers despite David B being out. Turner and Wagner gave up 1 pressure and 0 sacks against the Great Leonard Floyd. The following week against JPP and Barret, they gave up 7 pressures and 4 sacks.
Well I'm just saying he was good, certainly not great.

Based on my scale he'd be in the 3rd tier of edge rushers. So if you think of it for WRs tier 1 would be like Hopkins/Diggs/Adams, tier 2 would be guys like ARob/adam thielen, and tier 3 would be guys who are like Tyler Lockett

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Did you get this from Marjorie Taylor Greene?

Noooo I got it from the Eagles beat writer. You know, the guy that gets paid to cover the team. Wentz is such a scrub lol.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Seems to be a great day to stay away from this message board. Need about 4 aspirin now ?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's weird how so many here interpret the Wentz trade smoke as "Pace is an idiot". Objectively, the Bears under Pace haven't been leaky so you have to assume the rumors are coming from Philly trying to heat up the market for damaged goods.

Philly is on the line for so much money in that contract that they are obviously intent on moving Wentz. This is a situation where cooler heads prevail. Fans should want this to drag out because it shows the Bears are applying leverage.

3rd round value is where I'd be ok with the deal. It's just not worth the draft capital when I don't see a slam dunk with Wentz resurrecting his career under Nagy, Lazor, and Flip. Problems with mechanics and uncertainty of where his ceiling is now due to injuries drop his value considerably.

dboot01

Woody for all Bears anything!!!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Me and most fans don’t want Wentz so why does Pace and Nagy want him? Easy answer: Their jobs are on the line! This is a last ditch effort by Pace hoping that he will get the good Wentz and not last years Wentz. If the bears do get this crybaby over paid overrated QB I know it will blow up in the face of Pace and we will be in Qb hell as usual!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well I'm just saying he was good, certainly not great.

Based on my scale he'd be in the 3rd tier of edge rushers. So if you think of it for WRs tier 1 would be like Hopkins/Diggs/Adams, tier 2 would be guys like ARob/adam thielen, and tier 3 would be guys who are like Tyler Lockett

Still cant agree. Tyler Lockett is a 2 time 1k yard WR. If we equate that to a guy getting 10 sacks then Floyd never got 10 sacks with the Bears. Lockett also grades out above 80 twice so grades better than his production.

On the Bears Lloyd never hit 10 sacks and never graded above 70. Really more 4th or 5 tier.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Yea that presser where Nagy and Pace both said they’re all in on Wentz to fix the cursed position was wild!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No but the thought is if he told the Bears for example he didn't want to play for them, they would be less inclined to proceed with a deal as they would be risking a disgruntled QB and we saw how shit Wentz played in that circumstance.
Who cares what he wants? He's not a free agent.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If I am telling you it was in the post of the poster I quoted then it means I didn't actually say or write it. Someone else did. Not the sharpest pencil in the box.

No you aren't.