Bears best offensive lineman says front office is on his ass again

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When a subordinate in an organization is singled out publicly for lack of performance, even if they return to form, they will often continue to treat any and all criticisms as immediate possible loss-of-job concerns.

This is due to bad organizational leadership from the top on down wherein you don't effectively communicate to the subordinate what you expect to begin with, provide resources and guidance to assist the subordinate in achieving nominal performance, and finally provide proper (growing) compensation for growing performance/workload.

If you don't define your expectations very clearly, then a subordinate will feel lied to when you suddenly come down on them for performance which the previous days/weeks/months/years was perfectly acceptable.

As an organization, the Bears need to start admitting their failures to their employees and deliver reforms, before they come in swinging a big stick demanding performance and cultural compliance of any sort.

How can any leader expect real self reflection and honesty from a subordinate if they refuse to do it themselves?

Lead by example or don't.

WTF is this word salad about?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or did they promote him to the more valuable left side? ?
My understanding is that the left guard is more “important” because of the side. However, the right guard position is harder, this more prestigious because the left guard typically gets more help.

Who knows how Getsy values it. He also said guards get stressed more in his system than tackle.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I take it you don't think that has changed with the new Management including the coaches?

I don't think its possible to build a winning leadership culture inside the Chicago Bears Organization until the top-level incompetence has been purged.

The person in charge drives the momentum and impetus of the organization.

Ginny has the momentum and impetus of a corpse who won a game of Monopoly and is now lying on the fucking board.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My understanding is that the left guard is more “important” because of the side. However, the right guard position is harder, this more prestigious because the left guard typically gets more help.

Who knows how Getsy values it. He also said guards get stressed more in his system than tackle.

So you don’t really know then if he lost his job or got a promotion?

Or if it’s as simple as they added to the line overall and felt Teven was good at either position?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Or if it’s as simple as they added to the line overall and felt Teven was good at either position?
Teven gave up TWO sacks last season. Now at LG that's not going to be okay, okay?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Getsy doesn’t write Jenkins checks does he?

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think its possible to build a winning leadership culture inside the Chicago Bears Organization until the top-level incompetence has been purged.

The person in charge drives the momentum and impetus of the organization.

Ginny has the momentum and impetus of a corpse who won a game of Monopoly and is now lying on the fucking board.
You grade on a hard curve, Ginny has nothing to do with football or the culture, George stays out of the way, it's Warren on
down that count since no one above him meddles or gets in the way.
I think they are on the right track for the first time on many many years.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

I'd like to read up on what Getsy says about guards getting stressed do u have a source for this ? Thanks (y)

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Thanks. I was hoping Getsy would give a better explanation of his "system". When I watch games it seems the tackles
get the most stress via pocket collapsation. I'll continue looking for his "system". I'm guessing we can say run based, if we look at the run production stats. Again Thanks.(y)

Well. well he we go.......

What type of offense do the Chicago Bears run?

Rushing offense

This continues to be the Bears' strength, and the added element of Fields' rushing ability has made Chicago's ground attack all the more potent. Credit to Getsy for adding in the designed QB runs against the Patriots and building off them against the Cowboys.Oct 30, 2022

I do hope we get more balance and move from the designed quarterback runs

Last edited:

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Thanks. I was hoping Getsy would give a better explanation of his "system". When I watch games it seems the tackles
get the most stress via pocket collapsation. I'll continue looking for his "system". I'm guessing we can say run based, if we look at the run production stats. Again Thanks.(y)

Well. well he we go.......

What type of offense do the Chicago Bears run?

Rushing offense

This continues to be the Bears' strength, and the added element of Fields' rushing ability has made Chicago's ground attack all the more potent. Credit to Getsy for adding in the designed QB runs against the Patriots and building off them against the Cowboys.Oct 30, 2022

I do hope we get more balance and move from the designed quarterback runs

Right now it seems like Getsy's system is emphasizing the run and shit passing game.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You grade on a hard curve, Ginny has nothing to do with football or the culture, George stays out of the way, it's Warren on
down that count since no one above him meddles or gets in the way.
I think they are on the right track for the first time on many many years.
Oh god I hope so.

What good leadership has this team had in my lifetime? I have no recollection of Armstrong. Ditka was a man in time and succeeded in that regard, but we all know of his personality.

Lovie was an excellent leader that could not adjust to adapt. Fox was a solid leader that helped keep the ship afloat while holes got patched up, but I can't say that in his whole body of work that he did anything aside from that.

Everyone else that has tried to come in and turn this team around were all somewhere between laughably awful and regrettably disappointing.