Bears better or worse than last year ?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Don't we have a really tough schedule this year? We could be a better football team with a worse record.

I don't expect us to be much better or worse. Goldman back in the middle is a big addition. Quinn being healthy could be big as well. I'm also hopeful that Desai will use the talent better than Pagano did, namely Eddie Jackson.

Dalton is just a guy but if he can just make some reads and take what the defense gives him then he'll be an improvement on the shit show we've had. I'm excited about Mooney and Kmet's development. The O line looked solid at the end of last year so perhaps adding another tackle and returning Daniels could bolster it even more. Gotta love the Williams signing to give us more than enough RB depth.

Less than 6 wins would surprise me, and so would more than 10. Anything in between is feasible.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
All the old guys got older and an important piece like Fuller will be missed.

Factor in that it appears the coach and GM have lost the team before the season started and I'd say worse.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
On paper, the team is without question better, and that is with several FAs left to be signed and the draft yet to come.

Have to prove it on the field though...

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wouldn’t having a better quarterback make the receivers better?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The offensive line was okay at the start of last season, was horrible for the like next seven games then was good for the remainder of the season. People will site some injuries and personnel changes as the reason for the OL going from good to horrible to good. I will contend that this timing was also perfectly aligned with going from a mobile QB to an immobile QB and back to a mobile QB. The offense was actually top 3 in the league for about a 4 game stretch late in the season.

Is Andy Dalton a mobile QB? Maybe a little earlier on in his career. I don't know about it anymore.

Last edited:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The offensive line was okay at the start of last season, was horrible for the like next seven games then was good for the remainder of the season. People will site some injuries and personnel changes as the reason for the OL going from good to horrible to good. I will contend that this timing was also perfectly aligned with going from a mobile QB to an immobile QB and back to a mobile QB. The offense was actually top 3 in the league for about a 4 game stretch late in the season.

Is Andy Dalton a mobile QB? Maybe a little earlier on in his career. I don't know about it anymore.

Your contention is wrong.

The improvement happened immediately as soon as Mustapher started at center. This is because Whitehair had been fucking up the line calls the past couple years. Sam got the guys blocking the correct people, and the line stabilized as a result.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Defense getting old, Fuller gone. On offense, QB is a push at best, maybe a downgrade. OL somewhat better, but still sub par. Coaching & GM not up to the task.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Defense getting old, Fuller gone. On offense, QB is a push at best, maybe a downgrade. OL somewhat better, but still sub par. Coaching & GM not up to the task.
How can the quarterback be worse than the worse quarterback ever? Every defense gets older until you infuse with draft picks.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Here's how i break down the offense at this point:

qb: same
rb: better
wr: same
ol: same
te: same
hc/oc: same

same = mediocre to shitty

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's how i break down the offense at this point:

qb: same
rb: better
wr: same
ol: same
te: same
hc/oc: same

same = mediocre to shitty
Same= First round exit from the playoffs. Right?

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said it would work! Dip Shit

I expect Pace to try to trade Cohen in the draft to move up and get a better QB.

that's your post, where did you say it wouldn't work DIPSHIT

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Your contention is wrong.

The improvement happened immediately as soon as Mustapher started at center. This is because Whitehair had been fucking up the line calls the past couple years. Sam got the guys blocking the correct people, and the line stabilized as a result.

Thanks for correcting my thoughts.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Still mediocre. Need a real QB or this team will never make it last wild card round. With that said, I think they’ll play better than last year, but record won’t be too much different.