Bears Cap Allocation: Defense

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hoping we can get more production out of EJ this year having him Gipson and Bush together for 2 years now. More experience as a unit should allow Desai to be a bit more creative then last year

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here is your core

Goldman
Nichols
Roquan
Mack
Johnson
Jackson

We just need to find ways to be cheap at the other 5 spots.

Right now we have too much money invested at OLB2, ILB2 and SS

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robinson has to be signed before camp... I do not see that happening.
He has to be done by July 15th. Around the league, these deals usually get signed during the last week before the deadline. Robinson had a glimpse of the market this year and ran to sign his tender. He’s marketability isn’t going to improve when he’s a year older. He has an unrealistic sense of his value. I hope the Bears extend him but not at 20 million plus per.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has to be done by July 15th. Around the league, these deals usually get signed during the last week before the deadline. Robinson had a glimpse of the market this year and ran to sign his tender. He’s marketability isn’t going to improve when he’s a year older. He has an unrealistic sense of his value. I hope the Bears extend him but not at 20 million plus per.
20 is my top limit.

If Robinson was coming off his rookie deal I would assume the market would scare him. But he has made 45 million in his career. The risk of injury or a bad free agent market isn’t as damaging for him.