Bears Champ Kelly gets GM interest from Falcons

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Jets have shown interest in the past.

"The Falcons' list includes former Texans GM Rick Smith, Bears assistant director of personnel Champ Kelly, Rams director of college scouting Brad Holmes and former Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, among others, according to league sources."

Champ-Kelly.jpg

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he has hands in personnel decisions take him

2Deep

Liked Posts:
I hope Champ gets hired because he deserves it.

I hope Champ gets hired so we get 2 3rd round picks. One this year and one next

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears would get two third round comp picks if he signs as a GM elsewhere. It is a new wrinkle in the Rooney Rule.
so this is just because he is black? If he was white, the bears wouldn't get shit?

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Champ Kelly is actually pretty good.

Agreed. The personnel, had you had something to build on actually looks promising. The fact that it was the worst rated depth when Pace took over was inevitably going to bite him in the ass.

Let’s face it. Most of you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about. Pace didn’t just inherit a bad team. He inherited something akin to the Browns after they sell off a team minus the extra picks from selling off any decent players.

mplete rebuild is an understatement.

I hope Nagy goes as he was and is the wrong hire for this organization. He isn’t adaptable or clever and is convinced his style of playcalling can eventually work here in Chicago if he just had a good QB.

His Playcalling wouldn’t work anywhere.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Maybe Champ Kelly should take over for Ryan Pace.

Either way, sounds like there is a good chance he may land one of the jobs. That would mean the Bears would have two 3rd round picks in the 2021 April draft and two 3rd rd picks in the 2022 draft.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Thought for a second that we had Champ Bailey on our staff and I somehow missed it.

Good for him, I hope he gets an opportunity to succeed in a big role. I hope that for everyone. But at the same time, take him already! Our FO has not had enough success for me to consider any one of them a loss for leaving.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would love to hear his honest take in these interviews about what happened with Trubiksy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Champ going to get a job somewhere? Seems to have gone silent since Denver hired a new GM.

Bears could use those comp picks