Bears claim 6

Bort

Liked Posts:
Very strange group. I just hope Poles knows what he's doing.

Blackwell, Kingsley, and Sterling (not Stephen) Weatherford are all UDFA rookies. It would be especially weird to replace Sanborn with a different UDFA rookie linebacker who just got waived by another team.

Leatherwood has been discussed to death on this board, and I think the consensus is that he's basically a project at this point. I think it's really strange they picked him up on waivers given that they now have to pay him his first round pick salary. Apparently, they think they can fix him.

Wesco is a former 4th round pick TE who has potential, but hasn't been able to stay healthy. Probably a good pick up given the lack of depth at TE.

Armon Watts is a no brainer pick up at a position of obvious need at DT, so I'm glad Poles didn't outsmart himself and did the obvious thing.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They will have a 7th spot available if they IR Harry after 3PM.

Bort

Liked Posts:
They will have a 7th spot available if they IR Harry after 3PM.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure the rule is that you have to make room for your waiver claims before you stash anyone on IR, meaning Poles has to cut 6 players to make room for the 6 guys he claimed.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not exactly how that works….
Please elaborate.

What I understand is:
They have to waive 6 players now and if they IR Harry after 3PM CST they will have an open spot( 7th) which they can use on someone else or one of their cuts, if still available after clearing the cut/no recall waivers in 24 hrs. Harry is available to come off IR after week 4.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the Watts claim. Absolutely hate the Leatherwood claim though. Dont know much about the others

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Disappointed they didn't claim never Kwiatkoski to mentor Sanborn

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I don't have much faith in Leatherwood working out but hopefully he won't be counted on any time soon to contribute. This whole season is about development, especially on offense. They've coached up Jones to start at LT as a rookie. They've successfully helped Jenkins switch from looking lost as a tackle to a guy who looks like a keeper at guard. Borom is starting at RT as a 2nd year player. It's a super young offensive line so from a timeline standpoint, Leatherwood fits. Hopefully the Bears find a spot they like him at and work to develop him at that position rather than moving him all over the line like the Raiders were doing.

Regardless, it's a low risk gamble on a young player that obviously has some talent but needs a lot of work on technique and fundamentals which is all this season is about anyway.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Leatherwood for 2 years at 2m & 3m no cap hit year 2 with us. Not a bad prove it deal pick up I hope he can fix whatever is going on. Lots of reports it’s about technique not improving

Rise

Liked Posts:
I like leatherwood as an eventual replacement for white hair at guard. Also until Patrick is back if go leatherwood-white hair-Jenkins myself. Anything to get mustipher off the field.

I just want them to hash this out with Jenkins he looks like a potential star at guard. Bury the hatchet and check your egos, will tell us a lot about Poles how he handles him.