Bears couldn't afford Jarvis Landry

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jarvis Landry has never been an all pro... Not even close.

He's also at the tail end of his career.

Anyone who thought he was getting $11M was out of their mind.
Yes, I wouldn't have paid $11M., and I doubt he even wanted to come here. It would be nice to HEAR the bears made an attempt at $3M on a one year deal.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The same all-pro that put up worse numbers than Byron Pringle last year?
Yes, the same all pro who has proven he can put up 1,000+ yards in a season doing it without a future HOF qb and TE. That guy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
How could he have done better?
So the Bears have 12 WRs on the roster right now. Last year, those guys had a combined 2061 yards in the pros. You take away Mooney, and the 11 remaining guys have 1006 total yards last year.

Thats a shit WR corps and a shit roster. If you don't believe in Fields trade him.. don't break it off in his ass with no talent.

The question isn't could he have done any better.. its could have he done any worse? Other than trading Mooney, it would have been hard to add this little talent.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I am looking forward to a thread for each of @Aesopian 's receipts, online or otherwise

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Yes, I wouldn't have paid $11M., and I doubt he even wanted to come here. It would be nice to HEAR the bears made an attempt at $3M on a one year deal.
Exactly. The Bears have 15 million in cap space this year.. would anybody have had a problem paying Landry 6 or7 million guaranteed?

greg23

Liked Posts:
Poles is making sure fields fails so he can draft us a defensive end next year with a top 5 pick.

Don't need an offense as long as the monsters of the midway are hitting hard!
Bears 101

woof woof woof

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So the Bears have 12 WRs on the roster right now. Last year, those guys had a combined 2061 yards in the pros. You take away Mooney, and the 11 remaining guys have 1006 total yards last year.

Thats a shit WR corps and a shit roster. If you don't believe in Fields trade him.. don't break it off in his ass with no talent.

The question isn't could he have done any better.. its could have he done any worse? Other than trading Mooney, it would have been hard to add this little talent.

The statement was that he could of done better how? Overpay a WR? Make a blockbuster trade?

"If you don't believe in Fields trade him.. don't break it off in his ass with no talent."

Sorry but it's the NFL and he's going to have to prove himself or someone else will take his job.

jive

Liked Posts:
I think it's clear at this point that Poles is wiping the slate clean and saving his ammo for 2023.

Although it would be nice for Fields to have a one year rental of a veteran safety blanket, I'm not sure how much it would developing a chemistry for a WR that likely wouldn't be here the following season. It's obvious that the Bears want to get younger and faster, and I don't think Landry fits that mold.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
I think it's clear at this point that Poles is wiping the slate clean and saving his ammo for 2023.

Although it would be nice for Fields to have a one year rental of a veteran safety blanket, I'm not sure how much it would developing a chemistry for a WR that likely wouldn't be here the following season. It's obvious that the Bears want to get younger and faster, and I don't think Landry fits that mold.
They'll probably draft a WR with the first pick if Fields looks competitive.

Ppl act as if you cannot evaluate him without an all-pro wr1.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Exactly. The Bears have 15 million in cap space this year.. would anybody have had a problem paying Landry 6 or7 million guaranteed?
No I wouldn’t have had a problem with that but maybe, just maybe Landry didn’t want to be in Chicago.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
They'll probably draft a WR with the first pick if Fields looks competitive.

Ppl act as if you cannot evaluate him without an all-pro wr1.
And several reports have already stated that next years Wr and OL draft class could be strong. And we have no idea how Vajayjay and the OL drafted this year will turn out.

People also acting like Mooney and Pringle are Scrubs. They have both proven they can compete in the NFL.

jive

Liked Posts:
People also acting like Mooney and Pringle are Scrubs. They have both proven they can compete in the NFL.
If Pringle can be 2022's Akiem Hicks, then he'll prove the be a great addition. But, the fact that Poles would only commit to one year, speaks of his confidence as a starting WR. If he really thought he could be a starter, he would want to lock him up for at least 2 years. For better or worse, the only WRs that will be under contract in 2023 are Mooney and VJJ.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Pringle can be 2022's Akiem Hicks, then he'll prove the be a great addition. But, the fact that Poles would only commit to one year, speaks of his confidence as a starting WR. If he really thought he could be a starter, he would want to lock him up for at least 2 years. For better or worse, the only WRs that will be under contract in 2023 are Mooney and VJJ.

Maybe Pringle is betting on himself

Why sign long term if you excel in a bigger role? you line yourself up for a bigger payday

jive

Liked Posts:
Maybe Pringle is betting on himself

Why sign long term if you excel in a bigger role? you line yourself up for a bigger payday
Definitely a possibility. If he proves to be a #1, he's surely going to want more than $4 mil a year.
But, I don't think it would be wise for Poles to try to lock a guy with limited snaps to more than than though.