"Bears crushed Day 3 of the draft" article

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Chicago is desperate for pass rush help

Yeah they only have 2 former All-Pro OLBs, absolutely desperate for help with pass rush.

The Bears did have a need for a project guy at the position though, I think Irving is more or less at his ceiling and hes not an NFL player. Big fan of the Gipsen pick.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yeah they only have 2 former All-Pro OLBs, absolutely desperate for help with pass rush.

The Bears did have a need for a project guy at the position though, I think Irving is more or less at his ceiling and hes not an NFL player. Big fan of the Gipsen pick.
It’s not about need it’s about having a guy being able to step in and take some snaps away from Mack / Quinn.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
It’s not about need it’s about having a guy being able to step in and take some snaps away from Mack / Quinn.
He's a project pick from a "lesser" football school, GIpsen ain't the type of guy that's ready to come in now.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's a project pick from a "lesser" football school, GIpsen ain't the type of guy that's ready to come in now.
What school a guy plays for can give you an idea of how he had to beat out other stars, etc. (LSU, or example) But it doesn't mean automatically that you can't play. The two best palyers of teh 80's were from Div II. Many others. Being good enough to start at Clemson or Bama right now says a lot. But it doesn't always mean every player will translate well to the pros.

Tell me why Gipson "ain't the type of guy that's ready" based on the uniform he wore. I have never seen him play, and can't say he is or isn't. I am just asking why you know he isn't.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
What school a guy plays for can give you an idea of how he had to beat out other stars, etc. (LSU, or example) But it doesn't mean automatically that you can't play. The two best palyers of teh 80's were from Div II. Many others. Being good enough to start at Clemson or Bama right now says a lot. But it doesn't always mean every player will translate well to the pros.

Tell me why Gipson "ain't the type of guy that's ready" based on the uniform he wore. I have never seen him play, and can't say he is or isn't. I am just asking why you know he isn't.

It also determines the competition you played against.

I'm not using his school to determine he's not a good solution for #3 edge in 2020, i'm using the fact that he's a "raw player just figuring it out". The guy needs work before he's ready, that's something I've seen pretty much every draft analyst commonly share.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Pass rushers 100% can come in from day 1 and contribute as rotational pieces. Yes, they aren't technically sound, but as long as they are strong enough to hold up with NFL OL its not an issue.

Quinn only plays like 70% of the time. Mack about 86%.

There is plenty of room to give him 3-4 snaps a game, man. If Corey Wootton and Henry Melton can do it so can he.

Did you forget Mark Anderson? Or where you not around for that year?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Maxx Crosby had 10 sacks last year and was drafted out of the powerhouse Eastern Michigan.

They play in the MAC

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Conversely, Mark Anderson came in and immediately tore it up, and then it ended.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Pass rushers 100% can come in from day 1 and contribute as rotational pieces. Yes, they aren't technically sound, but as long as they are strong enough to hold up with NFL OL its not an issue.

Quinn only plays like 70% of the time. Mack about 86%.

There is plenty of room to give him 3-4 snaps a game, man. If Corey Wootton and Henry Melton can do it so can he.

Did you forget Mark Anderson? Or where you not around for that year?
We're not discussing pass rushers in general, we're talking Gipson here. Every single media source I've seen has said hes not ready to MEANINGFULLY CONTRIBUTE, including NFL.coms own profile which, I quote directly, "
Gipson isn't NFL-ready yet"

Wootton and Melton and ANderson were different players in different circumstances. 3-4 snaps a game also isn't what we're talking about here, so try and keep up.

I've been here before your peaches had fuzz, the draft is over you have to stop being a sulky bitch in every thread. Its gotten to the point where its too much.

Last edited:

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
+1 I think we all remember the TV cameras panning the sideline and seeing Mack hands on hips gasping for air in the 2nd half in games where the offense struggled (pretty much every game last year). While I hope the offense straightens things out, you still are going to have games with lopsided time of possession and you need some talent to spell Mack and Quinn and not be a guaranteed score for the other team.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We're not discussing pass rushers in general, we're talking Gipson here. Every single media source I've seen has said hes not ready to start, including NFL.coms own profile which, I quote directly, "

Wootton and Melton and ANderson were different players in different circumstances. 3-4 snaps a game also isn't what we're talking about here, so try and keep up.

I've been here before your peaches had fuzz, the draft is over you have to stop being a sulky bitch in every thread. Its gotten to the point where its too much.
I guess it’s a good thing he’s not starting right...?

msadows

Liked Posts:
We're not discussing pass rushers in general, we're talking Gipson here. Every single media source I've seen has said hes not ready to MEANINGFULLY CONTRIBUTE, including NFL.coms own profile which, I quote directly, "

Yes, it is what we are talking about. 4-5 snaps was an exaggeration, but he's going to see 15 tops. You're acting like he's starting. The guy is here to replace aaron lynch.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yes, it is what we are talking about. 4-5 snaps was an exaggeration, but he's going to see 15 tops. You're acting like he's starting. The guy is here to replace aaron lynch.
Nah, I bet he won't. Irvings going to see closer to 15, Gipson will probably get closer to your original 3-4 snap guess that you walked back. And that's ok as long as that where expectations are set.

flabear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando Magic
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tampa Bay Lightning
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide
And Irving isn't it so pray Gibson can have success rushing as an outside backer, he was misused as a defence end so there's that