msadows

Liked Posts:
I'm surprised Bears waived:

Toliver
Irving - hurt
Stephen Denmark

And cut:
Artavis Pierce

That puts Bears in need of a bigger backup for Montgomery, unless Nagy really loved the way Patterson ran between the tackles during practice?

Bears are getting thinner at CB. I hope Shelley is ready to take the field.

When people write "waived", they mean put on waivers, meaning, they intend to put them on the Practice Squad, right? Or is cut and waive the same?

The 3rd string rb under nagy gets like 10 carries a season.

I'm fairly certain patterson can handle that...

I dont think we sign another RB unless the diagnosis on monty doesn't look favorable going into week 1.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Players with less than 4 years accrued go through waivers which means another team can pick up their contract. Released vets are able to sign wherever if they are vested. Waivers only applies for vets after the trade deadline (midseason).

Practice squad rules are different this year though. IIRC teams can carry up to 4 vets who normally wouldn't be eligible. I haven't heard of any changes to waivers though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So teams can now have a 16 man practice squad and 6 of those players can have unlimited NFL experience.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
The 3rd string rb under nagy gets like 10 carries a season.

I'm fairly certain patterson can handle that...

I dont think we sign another RB unless the diagnosis on monty doesn't look favorable going into week 1.
I mean if Monty gets injured.

Usually, Bears would always have a between-the-tackles-RB backup doing Special Teams be the backup to the main RB (Monty). But not this year. I guess Nagy liked what he saw with Patterson running between the tackles, and comfortable with Nalls.

I think you guys doubt how great they feel about Nall.
Pretty much. They like his work on the PS, but yeah, I doubted they ever considered him a sufficient backup for Monty.

Last edited: