Bears DL coach Jay Rodgers heading to Chargers

Bronek

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Per Suntimes article Rodgers joins Charger staff. Kind of worrisome if they let their best coach go? The bears always scraping bottom of the barrel as far as pick go and he (Rodgers) was best in the bussines coaching the line.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That's a pretty big loss. If Nagy's coach evaluations are as bad as his personnel decisions the defense is fucked next year

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Anyone who knows a small amount about football is light years ahead of Georgie and Sweaty.

But gosh darn Ryan and Matt are just the most likeable guys?! They'll get it right, they're the football guys after all...

Canth

Liked Posts:
Not a big loss imo. Rodgers placed pretty low on the collaboration scale.

I realize this may have been an attempt to be funny, but I have to disagree with the idea that losing Jay Rodger's isn't a big loss. The one position group on this team that, imo, saw actual development of the players was the defensive line. He was a big part of that. I'm thinking of guys like RRH and Nicols that have been so solid, getting production out of Urban and Jenkins, and keeping consistent, great play with guys like Hicks and Goldman.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Well, there goes the most talented coach on the team. All his guys got better after working with him. Obviously doesn’t fit in with the “culture” that the entire NFL is envious of..

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I realize this may have been an attempt to be funny, but I have to disagree with the idea that losing Jay Rodger's isn't a big loss. The one position group on this team that, imo, saw actual development of the players was the defensive line. He was a big part of that. I'm thinking of guys like RRH and Nicols that have been so solid, getting production out of Urban and Jenkins, and keeping consistent, great play with guys like Hicks and Goldman.
It wasn't an attempt. It was.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How fuckin stupid is this team, Nagy is gonna let Rodgers go and hire Singletary, pathetic.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Eddie Jackson tweet something about how he sees that people are jumping ship. I wonder if he's referring to the fans or the coaches on the defense.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
If he didn't leave for a promotion then he was either poached (not good) or he jumped from a sinking ship (a worse look).

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he didn't leave for a promotion then he was either poached (not good) or he jumped from a sinking ship (a worse look).
I think his contract with the Bears was up. So the Bears couldn't block if I understand that correctly.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
He ain't jumping ship, because that means he's hitting water...and bo jack don't hit nothin!
"Kurt Bevacqua couldn't hit water if he fell out of a fucking boat!" -Tommy Lasorda ?