Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Been discussed and we (almost) all agree it a meh signing. He's an average unter even though he's got a big leg, due to lack of consistency.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Perhaps the Bears are optimistic and think they won’t need to punt this season. Or cunt for that matter.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
$4MM?

Don't you wish you would have started training to be a punter in like junior high?

If you coached your own kid up starting young, don't you think he could be a punter?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You know, why aren't there more guys than can do all the kicking? They not only could get more pay, it would open up a roster spot increasing their value even more. 2 not dissimilar tasks that you'd think could be mastered if trained for properly by someone with an aptitude.

msadows

Liked Posts:
$4MM?

Don't you wish you would have started training to be a punter in like junior high?

If you coached your own kid up starting young, don't you think he could be a punter?

Pretty much 32 jobs in the whole entire world?

so no.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Until they are all expert at it, I think halftime may have a point. The kicker as 2nd class football citizen that rarely gets acclaim and gets all sorts of grief when he messes up is part of it. You have exponentially more guys trying to play QB which actually fits your description than you do kicker.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
You know, why aren't there more guys than can do all the kicking? They not only could get more pay, it would open up a roster spot increasing their value even more. 2 not dissimilar tasks that you'd think could be mastered if trained for properly by someone with an aptitude.

Teach all the offensive linemen to long snap.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Going with the devil you know. He’s basically average. Kicked decently inside the 20. A bit inconsistent.

stallan54

Liked Posts:
I swear I'm going to start teaching my kid how to punt and kick field goals. For the amount of money these guys make, how low the injury rate is, and how FRIKKIN EASY IT IS TO KICK A BALL!! Give me a year of riding a bike, kicking for an hour a day, and drinking irish whisky. I'll be Kevin Butler in no time.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not concerned. Pace more than likely wanted to fill out the roster before the draft. Doesnt guarantee Pat's position

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Megapunt, or megacunt as I cleverly call him (shoutout to Shoop) has been extended for another 2 years

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-bring-back-punter-pat-odonnell-for-2-years-4-million/

Yay? Who actually likes this guy, he sucks and has always sucked. Change my mind.
He is about average making average money so the signing has the excitement level of eating paste. If you want to delve 9 levels past just net average, here is every analytic you could ever think of about punting.
https://content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-sports-analytics/jsa164 Abstract: Common evaluation metrics for NFL punters are outdated, failing to account for field position and touchbacks. Using detailed information on each punt of the 2013 season, a nonlinear model is developed, using these factors alongside hang time, coverage quality, and environmental conditions. This leads to punter evaluation metrics using expected points added (EPA), both in total and per punt. The persistence of punting skill is explored, and the relationships between performance and salary are discussed.

Liked Posts:
Punting and Kicking together would be near impossible. When these guys punt/kick they’re not doing half-assed ones that we do. They’re throwing everything they’ve got into each one. It’s why Punters do so few reps at practice. Kicking and punting together would require them focusing less on one activity, lest they risk injury by overtaxing their leg.

Think about it - we just had a kicker and a punter consecutively ruin our first playoff game in a long time. Do you really want guys putting less focus into one aspect or another? It could only get worse from there.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Give me a year of riding a bike, kicking for an hour a day, and drinking irish whisky. I'll be Kevin Butler in no time.

I will give you three years on that routine and promise you will still be able to barely kick your bike's kickstand...let alone a ****ing field goal.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
I disagree. O Don's has shown that he has a massive cock and has the passion and fire. Hopefully going into next year, he will get the 5YR/30M deal he deserves

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They still need to sign an UDFA to compete.

blinddeafmute

Liked Posts:
I swear I'm going to start teaching my kid how to punt and kick field goals. For the amount of money these guys make, how low the injury rate is, and how FRIKKIN EASY IT IS TO KICK A BALL!! Give me a year of riding a bike, kicking for an hour a day, and drinking irish whisky. I'll be Kevin Butler in no time.

You do you, uncle Rico.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
Any ideas for an upgrade? I think he is a decent punter, I dont really have issues with what ive seen from him, with the exception of couple games where he sucked