Bears FA - Keep or Not

2MuchChino

Liked Posts:
A lot of Bears are free agents after this year. What are your thoughts on keeping (re-signing for market value) or letting go. I'll start with 3.

Dakota Dozier: No.
Khari Blasingame: Keep.
Al-Quadin Muhammad: No

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Muhammad isn't a free agent. But I have no problem releasing him.

Maybe Morrow for depth...Houston-Carson for special teams...no one I care about one way or the other. A few guys like Reiff would be fine for low money deals as back-ups.

Last edited:

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remind me why we traded for Harry again?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
They took a flier on a former 1st round pick. Do you really not remember something that happened like 4 months ago?
No shit. He’s been inactive and is buried behind shitty receivers. So again, why waste Draft picks on players you’re not going to get targets to, who are also free agents at the end of the year?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No shit. He’s been inactive and is buried behind shitty receivers. So again, why waste Draft picks on players you’re not going to get targets to, who are also free agents at the end of the year?

it was a 7th though. barely a draft pick

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That future 7th is really going to come back and bite Poles in the ass

As for the OP question, I’m keeping blaasingame but like someone mentioned, Al isn’t a FA. I would absolutely release him as soon as possible though

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

I mean he got hurt in camp, got sick during the season...it's not like they knew those things were going to happen. Sometimes things don't work out. It was a 7th round pick. They took a low risk gamble. It didn't pay off.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I mean he got hurt in camp, got sick during the season...it's not like they knew those things were going to happen. Sometimes things don't work out. It was a 7th round pick. They took a low risk gamble. It didn't pay off.
A future 7th at that.

I’d probably prefer him as a 4th/5th WR over ESB. He’s a better blocker (even though ESB is good blocker too), and a bigger red zone target.

Claypool
Mooney
Rookie (1st/2nd round)
Pringle
Harry

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It's really sad, the Bears have no FAs that I would be hurt about losing.

Houston-Carson is the only one I'd make a real effort to retain. Harry, I'd consider if he's cheap. Scales is fine as a longsnapper, but dime-a-dozen. Watts is fine as a DT4. I'd consider him as well.

Blasingame is fine, but he hasn't done anything worthwhile. He's made some nice blocks at time, but nothing no other FB can do. He's a non-factor in the passingame (see what I did there?). 1 target, 0 catches this year.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
DHC is a must keep, IMO. If the Bears end up cutting EJ, I’d have no issue w/ DHC taking that spot or competing with a rookie

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Why are you upset over a 7th round pick? They’re almost always useless and teams use them to take fliers on reclamation “projects” (which usually fail) all the time.

I understand the people upset over the 2nd round pick…. But a 7th? Meh.