Bears FA - Keep or Not

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No shit. He’s been inactive and is buried behind shitty receivers. So again, why waste Draft picks on players you’re not going to get targets to, who are also free agents at the end of the year?
ESB must look really good at practice. Lol.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you upset over a 7th round pick? They’re almost always useless and teams use them to take fliers on reclamation “projects” (which usually fail) all the time.

I understand the people upset over the 2nd round pick…. But a 7th? Meh.
I’m not

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
DHC is a must keep, IMO. If the Bears end up cutting EJ, I’d have no issue w/ DHC taking that spot or competing with a rookie
The Bears would be insanely stupid to cut EJ

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This thread is sorely in need of the FTO designation.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The Bears would be insanely stupid to cut EJ
Pretty strong statement. He very well miss most, if not all season next year. By the time he’s fully healthy and feeling normal again (if that ever happens) he’ll be 31…and he has an 18 mil cap hit the next 2 seasons.

How exactly would it be “insanely stupid” to cut him? Unless you’re expecting a magical and perfect recovery where he doesn’t miss much time or miss a beat when he returns (and doesn’t suffer a natural decline).

mecha

Liked Posts:
I just want to know the logic behind giving players of various positions quarterback numbers like they're in college. can anyone rationalize why this is and should be a thing?

Harry is apparently #8, kind of a number that has historic awful implications with the Bears the last 20-ish years.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Re-sign Monty. Also DHC. But outside of that I'm mostly indifferent on everyone else. I'm not sure there is anyone we signed on a 1 year prove it contract that demonstrated enough that we must resign them. No real diamond in the rough free agents this past year. Which is not a good look for Poles. You would hope we could at least have found some cheap stop gaps, but I haven't really seen anyone step up anywhere.

There are a few guys that I'd be open to re-signing on another budget prove it deal with the hopes they can stay healthy and/or get a chance to show something: N'Keal Harry, Khari Blassingame, Darrynton Evans, Dane Cruikshank, and maybe Josh Blackwell. Anyone we resign though will be on minimum deals. No one really earned a contract, even a short term one.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Pretty strong statement. He very well miss most, if not all season next year. By the time he’s fully healthy and feeling normal again (if that ever happens) he’ll be 31…and he has an 18 mil cap hit the next 2 seasons.

How exactly would it be “insanely stupid” to cut him? Unless you’re expecting a magical and perfect recovery where he doesn’t miss much time or miss a beat when he returns (and doesn’t suffer a natural decline).

Do you have information regarding his injury and why it would take two full years for him to be fully healthy?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Do you have information regarding his injury and why it would take two full years for him to be fully healthy?

According to this the median recovery time is 11 months. That’s just to get back to action. Logic would tell you that he wouldn’t be 100% and in pre-injury form immediately when he returns. Assuming he took the field by next November, he probably wouldn’t be in prime form (assuming he gets there), until the following season. According to that study, most players see a decrease in production over the next few seasons when they return. A 30/31 year old FS coming off lisfranc injury who will miss most of the season that has an 18 mil cap hit is a probably a cut that Poles will seriously consider, as he should

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

According to this the median recovery time is 11 months. That’s just to get back to action. Logic would tell you that he wouldn’t be 100% and in pre-injury form immediately when he returns. Assuming he took the field by next November, he probably wouldn’t be in prime form (assuming he gets there), until the following season. According to that study, most players see a decrease in production over the next few seasons when they return. A 30/31 year old FS coming off lisfranc injury who will miss most of the season that has an 18 mil cap hit is a probably a cut that Poles will seriously consider, as he should

It’s a terrible injury, but Jackson did not have to undergo surgery for it…

According to a 2016 study in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, NFL players who had Lisfranc injuries treated without surgery missed an average of 6.2 months and 7 games of action. Players who underwent surgery missed an average of 10 games, though were sidelined an average of 11.6 months (because of recovery extending into the offseason).

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:

I need some sources that say he's going to miss all of next year

i legit think you have a damaged brain

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
It’s a terrible injury, but Jackson did not have to undergo surgery for it…

According to a 2016 study in the American Journal of Sports Medicine, NFL players who had Lisfranc injuries treated without surgery missed an average of 6.2 months and 7 games of action. Players who underwent surgery missed an average of 10 games, though were sidelined an average of 11.6 months (because of recovery extending into the offseason).

Yeah from what I heard he should be good to go by early next season.