Bears FA Thoughts

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Going into free agency WR and OL should be the top priority. I like DJ Chark, and Brian Allen as a starting point.

Liked Posts:
Borom would start at RG if we moved Daniels back to C.
Works for me. While theyre at it go back to a man blocking scheme from a compact bunch formation.

I am so sick of this copycat go go gadget spread formation crap when the offensive side of the roster is built nicely for a man blocking POWER RUN offense & has been since the start of 2020.

Liked Posts:
Going into free agency WR and OL should be the top priority. I like DJ Chark, and Brian Allen as a starting point.
I want Chark over any WR available between FA or the draft.

Being that they are going back to a 4-3 Tampa 2 it would be very wise to use their top pick on a true 4-3 MIKE LB.

Roquan is perfectly suited to line up as the WILL much like Briggs, where Roquan will essentially play the same exact role in this system as he did splitting the bill as a 3-4 ILB.

Liked Posts:
What does any of that have to do with the proposed horseshit middle of the o line?

What does any of that have to do with the proposed horseshit middle of the o line?
So you dont understand how shitty coaching translates to play on the field?

For fuck sake the Head Coach demanded that Daniels not take snaps at Center because he wasnt "vocal enough"

Stop playing ignorance to justify your own confirmation bias.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Fuck are you smoking? Look, I dont even like the Bears new HC hire, but even Ill admit that you will be surprised at the difference the fanbase will see now that this roster is not being run by a vindictive moron out to sabotage the careers of his own players for his own ego.

Outside of maybe the CB & TE positions, if you took each Bears starter and held them up to the league average, almost all of them are a second tier talent or higher.

Yet they werent collectively playing to their ceilings. Why is that? The vindictive moron this fanbase called a coach for the 4 seasons.

Matt Nagy should have been canned the day that he cried that " I cant run my "OFFENSE?" with this kid"...

Multiple players tried to point out the simple fundamental flaws in Nagys supposed system from Ridley, to Robinson to Trubisky.

Anyone who pointed out the flukes in Nagys fluke offense was either shemed out or shown the door.
Add to what you said, Nagy would also only bring in coaches who were not top shelf because he was afraid of being outsmarted by his own staff.

He was a joke of a head coach.

Now, he can be a QB whisperer to Mahomes.

"Be you."
I am telling you the biggest detriment to this franchises winning % isnt its talent. It was having a HC coach who mistook vindictiveness for intelligence, & was so fucking stupid that he didnt know he was fucking stupid.

greg23

Liked Posts:
So you dont understand how shitty coaching translates to play on the field?

For fuck sake the Head Coach demanded that Daniels not take snaps at Center because he wasnt "vocal enough"

Stop playing ignorance to justify your own confirmation bias.

Rolling into next season with

Whitehair Daniels Bars

Sounds like the previous administrations BS

BUT WE HAVE NEW AND BETTER COACHES!!!!!!

In a perfect world none of those guys are back because they're below average and added together with the rest of the below average players on the oline translates to a horse shit oline; no matter who the coaches are.

Whitehair is the worst but under contract
Bars is a backup
Daniels best quality is that he's young (and maybe decent at center since he hasn't played there in 2+ seasons)...but not good enough to get paid what he'll get.

Liked Posts:
Rolling into next season with

Whitehair Daniels Bars

Sounds like the previous administrations BS

BUT WE HAVE NEW AND BETTER COACHES!!!!!!

In a perfect world none of those guys are back because they're below average and added together with the rest of the below average players on the oline translates to a horse shit oline; no matter who the coaches are.

Whitehair is the worst but under contract
Bars is a backup
Daniels best quality is that he's young (and maybe decent at center since he hasn't played there in 2+ seasons)...but not good enough to get paid what he'll get.
Im not reading that shit. The only real problem on the interior of this offensive line was Sam Mustipher.

The biggest problem with this offensive line outside of Mustipher was guys playing out of scheme, out of position with a HACK HC with no real offense of his own while trying to chuck the ball around on 70% of his offensive snaps. I dont care whose line is out there. Throwing the ball that much is too much strain on any offensive line.

The biggest problem with this team was the clown show coach running it & I cant WAIT for you to be wrong about this.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Im not reading that shit. The only real problem on the interior of this offensive line was Sam Mustipher.

The biggest problem with this offensive line outside of Mustipher was guys playing out of scheme, out of position with a HACK HC with no real offense of his own while trying to chuck the ball around on 70% of his offensive snaps. I dont care whose line is out there. Throwing the ball that much is too much strain on any offensive line.

The biggest problem with this team was the clown show coach running it & I cant WAIT for you to be wrong about this.

You're missing the point

Mitch can suck

AND

The BHVWGHC can suck even worse

Both can be true; its not an either or

the guys on the oline can also suck and not be stars in the making with different coaches.

There isn't one guy on that line who's been here more than 1 year thats actually an above average/dominant olineman.....and id say they're all pretty poor.....which would be fine if you had a stud qb and weapons (we dont).

Who know what Poles will do but it wouldn't surprise or disappoint me if all three interior oline spots had been starters this year

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
OL needs to be fixed. I would love to see the Bears go out and get C Ryan Jensen($9-$10M) and OT Cam Robinson($15-$17M). Let Daniels get overpaid somewhere else and your OL would be Robinson-Whitehair-Jensen-Borom-Jenkins. HUGE upgrade from last year.

After that, add a couple of Mid tier young WR's in FA like Cedrick Wilson, and Christian Kirk, James Washington($10-$15M for both), or one of the young WR's and a vet like Sammy Watkins, T.Y. Hilton.

Then Draft WR/CB/IDL with your first 3 picks. I believe you could get that done for around $35M-$40M and have an upper tier OL and depending on the WR drafted, a solid maybe not great, WR room as well.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
OL needs to be fixed. I would love to see the Bears go out and get C Ryan Jensen($9-$10M) and OT Cam Robinson($15-$17M). Let Daniels get overpaid somewhere else and your OL would be Robinson-Whitehair-Jensen-Borom-Jenkins. HUGE upgrade from last year.

After that, add a couple of Mid tier young WR's in FA like Cedrick Wilson, and Christian Kirk, James Washington($10-$15M for both), or one of the young WR's and a vet like Sammy Watkins, T.Y. Hilton.

Then Draft WR/CB/IDL with your first 3 picks. I believe you could get that done for around $35M-$40M and have an upper tier OL and depending on the WR drafted, a solid maybe not great, WR room as well.
With Marpet retiring I think the Bucs will do everything they can to bring Jensen back. That being said Brian Allen is the center I would be looking at. Would not mind Robinson though.

Urlhacker

Pack Hunter
Liked Posts:
More of a lurker/occasional poster and don’t usually create my own threads, but I’m torn on a few key players and curious what the consensus is. Mods - please move to another thread if necessary.

Akiem Hicks - If the Bears were to extend Hicks (hypothetical), what is the likelihood that he could be moved mid-season for draft capital? Usually I would say not likely, but does the Rams strategy of moving picks for proven talent become more of a norm around the league?

Allen Robinson - I’ve seen some people suggest the Bears sign and trade him. IMO, that’s not a common practice around the league, so was curious how realistic that option is. Also, do people really believe Nagy (who was on the hot seat) intentionally sabotaged his production?

Bilal Nichols - Some project he will net between $8-10M a year. Is he really worth that? For a guy playing next to Mack, Quinn, Hicks, & Goldman, he wasn’t that effective getting to the QB. How confident are you that he is resigned? Also, what type of compensatory draft pick could he net? (Assuming no FA is signed to cancel it)

Side Note:

Robert Quinn - Bears have hinted that they want to keep Quinn and Mack, but does moving him for draft capital make more sense? If so, what type of value does he have? I’ve seen anywhere from a 2nd & 3rd to only a 3rd. Also, if the Bears did keep him and he has another 10+ sack season, how much value does he lose being another year older? (33)
Hicks gets hurt in like every game - even if he stays in - he's like the Anthony Davis of the DL. I don't trust his health - let him walk!
Def let AROB walk - he's not a game changer and he wants to be paid like one.
Bilal Nichols - No thanks for 8-10M.

Not a cap expert but I'd let all 3 walk most likely.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Hicks gets hurt in like every game - even if he stays in - he's like the Anthony Davis of the DL. I don't trust his health - let him walk!
Def let AROB walk - he's not a game changer and he wants to be paid like one.
Bilal Nichols - No thanks for 8-10M.

Not a cap expert but I'd let all 3 walk most likely.
Only one there I would disagree with would be Nichols. I think he fits better in a 4-3 base rather than the 3-4 base defense the Bears have been running.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks - I don't think the Rams situation with Miller is that similar. Miller was a former superbowl MVP and will be in the HOF. I like Hicks, but very different situations.

Allen Robinson - I like ARob, but he gave up on them last year, so doubt he'll come back. IMHO he'll go to the highest bidder, which won't be the Bears.

Bilal Nichols - if you can get him for a relatively cheap deal then do it. The edge is getting really old and looking at the past two seasons the team shouldn't anticipate both Mack and Quinn being out there at the same time too much.

Robert Quinn or Kahil Mack- both are on the wrong side of 30 and are owed a lot of cash. IMHO the team should move from one of them. The problem is with those contracts I'm not sure if they have the same cache as Von Miller on his last year.

fatkid73

Liked Posts:
With Marpet retiring I think the Bucs will do everything they can to bring Jensen back. That being said Brian Allen is the center I would be looking at. Would not mind Robinson though.
Allen would be ok by me as well. He is younger and seems to be a bit more athletic than Jensen which it sounds like the team is looking for. I just noticed he is from Hinsdale too. Hometown discount?(J\K)

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Bozeman than Allen. Allen isn't very good in pass protection

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be opposed to re-signing Daniels and then someone like Noteboom. You have Noteboom compete with Borom and Jenkins at LT. Daniels could move to C or stay at RG depending if the Bears draft a C somewhere. There would be a lot of versatility and competition and wouldn’t break the bank. Could end up with something like Noteboom/Whitehair/Daniels/Borom/Jenkins. Would be an improvement for sure. Cody would likely be cut after this season and Poles could re-evaluate the OL and money allocation.

Draft a WR, 3T, or CB in round 2 and snag an OL in rounds 3-5.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Jensen. Open the checkbook.....Write the check.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Fuck are you smoking? Look, I dont even like the Bears new HC hire, but even Ill admit that you will be surprised at the difference the fanbase will see now that this roster is not being run by a vindictive moron out to sabotage the careers of his own players for his own ego.

Outside of maybe the CB & TE positions, if you took each Bears starter and held them up to the league average, almost all of them are a second tier talent or higher.

Yet they werent collectively playing to their ceilings. Why is that? The vindictive moron this fanbase called a coach for the 4 seasons.

Matt Nagy should have been canned the day that he cried that " I cant run my "OFFENSE?" with this kid"...

Multiple players tried to point out the simple fundamental flaws in Nagys supposed system from Ridley, to Robinson to Trubisky.

Anyone who pointed out the flukes in Nagys fluke offense was either shemed out or shown the door.

I am telling you the biggest detriment to this franchises winning % isnt its talent. It was having a HC coach who mistook vindictiveness for intelligence, & was so fucking stupid that he didnt know he was fucking stupid.
No truer words ever spoken.......IMHO, this should be nominated for the "Post HOF' if there was one. I disliked the hire from the beginning and it turn into being abhorrent. Da Bears have more talent then given credit, IMHO........with 2 good drafts & FA signings, I think they're in the hunt come 2023 season.

greg23

Liked Posts:
No truer words ever spoken.......IMHO, this should be nominated for the "Post HOF' if there was one. I disliked the hire from the beginning and it turn into being abhorrent. Da Bears have more talent then given credit, IMHO........with 2 good drafts & FA signings, I think they're in the hunt come 2023 season.

I'd say there are about........32 teams who are two good drafts and FA signings from being in the hunt.