Bears fan beaten, critically injured while tailgating

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Another NFL fan has been the victim in an ugly incident of apparent violence before a game.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that a 57-year-old man is in critical condition after he was beaten up in a parking lot near Soldier Field while tailgating on Sunday morning.

Police say the man got into “an argument that turned physical” and was found near his SUV with trauma to the head and face. The victim was found to be “heavily intoxicated.”

The man is currently at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. No arrests have been made.

As the NFL continues to say it wants to make attending games a better experience for the fans, making the stadiums safer should be a high priority. This is the second case this month of a fan being seriously injured in an altercation before a game even started; a 49ers fan who was beaten up before a game at Levi’s Stadium was left partially paralyzed.

Horrible

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I go to at least one Bears game per year and have too frequently seen fights. Most recently, last year, between two women in the stands. That was broken up pretty quickly. Two years two guys went at it in the stands then after it was broken up it moved to the lower level. Both guys should have been tossed. There isn't enough of a police or security presence around the stadium, either, = including the Museum campus. Now, they'll tell you to stop smoking but when a fight breaks out there is no one to be seen.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another NFL fan has been the victim in an ugly incident of apparent violence before a game.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports that a 57-year-old man is in critical condition after he was beaten up in a parking lot near Soldier Field while tailgating on Sunday morning.

Police say the man got into “an argument that turned physical” and was found near his SUV with trauma to the head and face. The victim was found to be “heavily intoxicated.”

The man is currently at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. No arrests have been made.

As the NFL continues to say it wants to make attending games a better experience for the fans, making the stadiums safer should be a high priority. This is the second case this month of a fan being seriously injured in an altercation before a game even started; a 49ers fan who was beaten up before a game at Levi’s Stadium was left partially paralyzed.

Horrible

Ban weed. Look what it did to this fine citizen.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I hope it wasn't BearsBud...who knows what he'd do after being banned

well, he did threaten to come to the meetup with his bucket list gang to hold me down and give me a haircut...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No, I assume he's on this message board. I don't think anyone is deserving of a life-threatening assault because of some words on a computer screen. Get real.

You are correct. It is never worth physical violence. BB did make many threats on here though and I'm sure if he acted on them that people would be justified in defending themselves...

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I go to at least one Bears game per year and have too frequently seen fights. Most recently, last year, between two women in the stands. That was broken up pretty quickly. Two years two guys went at it in the stands then after it was broken up it moved to the lower level. Both guys should have been tossed. There isn't enough of a police or security presence around the stadium, either, = including the Museum campus. Now, they'll tell you to stop smoking but when a fight breaks out there is no one to be seen.

Fucking amazing, isn't it!

Nick80

I do. Talk to him a bunch, met him for lunch, actually went with him to the Panther's game, I had scored an extra ticket, he sat a couple seats over. Good guy.

Is he well? When is he back? Will he be his usual self or will he reform and become an Elite poster?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Why was BB banned again, was it too much disliking?

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Alcohol does this to people on occasion. I'm more of a happy drunk. It's a sad thing, but I wouldn't expect human nature to change anytime soon.