Bears Fan Roll-Call: Introduce Yourself And Start Posting!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I'm more of a Beck's guy. LOL at Rush and 8Tracks though!

It's depressing to think that some people are to narrow-minded/naive to enjoy quality beer and music. I hope that is uniquely you, and not the problem of an entire generation.
*too

I am sure you are enjoying a Malort rn mfer.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Fan Since: The early 80s.

Favorite Current Bear: Mack

Favorite All-Time Bear: Sweetness

Favorite All-Time Bears Moment: January 4, 1985. Somehow the old man managed to score three tickets to the Bears/Giants divisional round playoff. Let me invite my best buddy to come with us. Took the South Shore Line into Chicago for the coldest, most glorious football game I've ever seen.
Welcome!

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: 1983

Favorite Current Bears Player: Monty

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Sweetness

Favorite Bears Moment: All of 1985 and the Superbowl win. The only Bears moment to come close was Hesters return at the Superbowl.

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: The team signed Andy Dalton as QB (yes, I am a Dalton homer). I also absolutely loved the'85 Bears.

Favorite Current Bears Player: Dalton

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Keith Van Horne. I idolized him as a kid, even into HS, as I tried to imitate him as an OL.

Favorite Bears Moment: When Refrigerator Perry scored in Super Bowl XX. I went nuts.

GSHSoldier

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since:

Favorite Current Bears Player:

Favorite All-Time Bears Player:

Favorite Bears Moment:

welcome friend!

ive been posting on bears boards for 20 years. I’m known as returnofjpr (jordanpippenrodman got banned and so did JPR) on inside hoops. This is a nice forum. I’m a die hard from south of Chicago. Live out west now where the weather is hot and the girls are hotter. I’m a single dad with a 2 year old daughter and work for the federal government in an undisclosed location. I look forward to everyone’s input and understanding that the saying “the beatings will continue until the morale improves” applies not only to pirates but Bear fans as well

Geezer

Liked Posts:
I'm Geezer, a Bears fan since 1945 when I entered sports puberty as a 11 yr. old Cub fan, the last pennant winners until the 2006 (?) team who also won the World Series. With the Cubs season over, what else was there to listen to? The Bears of course! NO TV BACK THEN YET EITHER! TV was just coming into use and the NFL didn't start televising the game until 1948-49 (?). And few people could afford TVs. The local firehouses had TVs, bought by all the firemen pitching in to buy them.

So I learned the rules and the names of the game from listening to the radio broadcasts. Sid Luckman, Johnny Lujack, Bulldog Turner, George Connor, etc.... Hell, it was hard to be a Packer hater then too as they were pathetic in the post-Don Hudson era! Their predecessors as most-hated-team were the CHICAGO CARDINALS, a team I hated with a passion that only a 11-12 year old can muster. But that's a story for another time.

The firehouses were pretty generous about letting kids and some of the locals in to watch TV. Unless they were called out on
an alarm and then we all had to leave. Seats reserved for firemen only. Black-and-white TV only too! Color TV was only a
research lab dream at the time.

I left Chicago for sunny California in 1979 where I lived for some 30 years. I've since moved to southern Arizona where I've lived for over 11 years. As a pensioner, I could no longer afford CA, but I still love it with all its shortcomings.

My favorite Bears? Butkus, Sayers, Atkins, Sweetness, the Fridge, Peanuts, Olin, Url, Devin, and Dennis Gentry. Can't recall many of the old-timers now unless I look into a Bears Guide to jog my memory. Met Sid Luckman once by chance at a Montgomery Wards store sports department.

Favorite Bears memories? Super Bowl XX, the 1965 team with a super defense that almost carried the Bears into the league championship, Devin's opening kickoff return in the Super Bowl, the 2006 defeat of the Cardinals, and Gale Sayers' heroics in his rookie year. A fellow poster on another board once called him "the greatest homerun hitter in the history of the NFL" , a description I agree with 100 %. He could take it to the house from ANYWHERE, on a pass reception, a punt or kickoff return, and certainly from the line of scrimmage! Easily as electrifying anywhere on the field as Devin was on kickoffs

Many, many memories of Da Bears, and not all of them pleasant And that too is a story for another time.

I went by the handle of ejhbear on another prior "incarnation" of this forum. Recognize some of the names here from that board but not their current handles. YogiDaBear, Wulfy, a few others. I've been away from most of the Bears boards for some time now. Peeking in occasionally. Don't have any "sports wisdom" or other football savvy to dispense. Other than some history but even that's fading. Glad to be aboard now for a while yet. Time is - well, if you were ever in the Army, you've no doubt heard the expression "short-timer". That's my status. I think!

EMAN

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
  3. Texas Longhorns
Bears Fan Since: 1975

Favorite Current Bears Player: Roquan Smith & Khalil Mack, Hard to name just one lol

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Sweetness & Urlacher, Hard to name just one lol

Favorite Bears Moment: The super bowl win

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: 1975

Favorite Current Bears Player: Roquan Smith & Khalil Mack, Hard to name just one lol

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Sweetness & Urlacher, Hard to name just one lol

Favorite Bears Moment: The super bowl win

Your favorite bears are:

1) a trump supporting racist with fake hair
2) broom closet crybaby after winning a superbowl

Good start here

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Surprised the Bears didn't trade for him and then have the allegations come out. Would be typical Bears

Coward is going to turn into a 10 year pro bowler in Pittsburgh cause thats how shit happens with the Bears

Freddie Mitchell

The bears cause me misery
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Ohio Bobcats
Bears Fan since: 1992
Favorite current bears player: Arlington Hambright
Favorite all time bears player: Conner Shaw
Favorite Bears moment: Beating the Cardinals on Monday night football

jr85bears

Liked Posts:
Bears Fan Since: I was born. My mom was a fan and she taught me to bleed 'blue and orange'.

Favorite Current Bears Player: Was Kyle Fuller....now I need to wait and see.

Favorite All-Time Bears Player: Jim McMahon

Favorite Bears Moment: Watching the Bears beat the Saints January 21, 2007 in the NFC Championship game while it was snowing.

Pass on a 3rd and 2

Liked Posts:
Bears fan since 87' watching them play on tv up here in Wisconsin. Been going to training camp at Platteville and Bourbonnais for quite awhile. Neal Anderson brought me in back then.

aeronaut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
Fan since 1983.

Favorite current player: Akiem Hicks - disruptive stud on the DL. Roquan Smith second. I like the unsung heroes on defense.

Favorite all time player: Mongo - clearly belongs in the Hall of Very Good, and fun to watch.

Favorite moment: All of Super Bowl XX.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fan Since: The early 80s.

Fav Current Bear: None
Fav Current Hated Bear: Ted Philips

Fav All-Time Bear: Brad Muster
Fave Hated Bear All Time: Ryan Pace - To be fair, they wouldnt of developed Mahomes anyway

Fav Moment: Mike Brown Back to Back pick sixes. That was a fun year

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears fan watched most every game since 1984 checking in.
Favorite Bears Moment: 1985, of course! lol
Came here after I found the old forum I used to post at, but haven't in a few years is now just gone, so here's hoping it's the place to be.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Reborn Bears Fan Since: 2 days ago

Fav current Bear: Justin Fields
Fav all-time Bear: Justin FIelds
Favorite Bears moment: When the Bears drafted Justin Fields
Least favorite Bears moment: Everything before the Bears drafted Justin Fields

Justin Fields

Thanks

CubandBear

Liked Posts:
I been on since 68. First QB for the Bears in my Bear history?...JACK FREAKIN CONCANNON!!....It gets worse. If I remember right the next one was Bobby Douglas.

I'm tired of NOT having a REAL QB. ...and I don't want to hear JIM FREAKIN MCMAHON!!!!

It's no use........DUMBAZZ Pace missed Mahomes!!

I don't expect Fields to be the end of the curse!!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I been on since 68. First QB for the Bears in my Bear history?...JACK FREAKIN CONCANNON!!....It gets worse. If I remember right the next one was Bobby Douglas.

I'm tired of NOT having a REAL QB. ...and I don't want to hear JIM FREAKIN MCMAHON!!!!

It's no use........DUMBAZZ Pace missed Mahomes!!

I don't expect Fields to be the end of the curse!!
calm down please