Bears Free Agency only

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Who's the other starting DT alongside Ogunjobi then? Blackson? Tonga?

Perspective

Liked Posts:

Bears agreed to terms with DT Larry Ogunjobi, formerly of the Bengals, on a three-year, $40.5 million contract.​

The deal includes $26.35 million guaranteed. Part of the Bengals' spring 2021 free agent splurge, Ogunjobi had a career year for the AFC champions, notching a personal-best seven sacks. That is serious heat from the interior of a defense. For what it's worth, Ogunjobi did earn extremely poor marks from Pro Football Focus, including getting washed out by the run. He missed the bulk of the Bengals' playoff run with a foot injury. He will be going to work for a top-notch defensive mind in Matt Eberflus in Chicago. It is possible the ever-toolsy former third-rounder takes another step forward in 2022. He is certainly being paid like he will.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Willing to bet good money without seeing all the particulars that this is essentially a 2 year deal that will be front loaded giving the bears the flexibility in year 3.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:
Like this signing as long as they are damn sure that his foot injury/surgery he had in the Playoffs won't cause any further issues.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why is it that no matter the GM we always get injured players????

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Willing to bet good money without seeing all the particulars that this is essentially a 2 year deal that will be front loaded giving the bears the flexibility in year 3.
Front loaded in a year with little cap space? I think it is just the opposite, back loaded so that Poles can fill this roster this year and take advantage of Fields on a rookie deal

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
moving to cover 2 it was pretty obvious dt would be highest priority

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Bears agreed to terms with DT Larry Ogunjobi, formerly of the Bengals, on a three-year, $40.5 million contract.​

The deal includes $26.35 million guaranteed. Part of the Bengals' spring 2021 free agent splurge, Ogunjobi had a career year for the AFC champions, notching a personal-best seven sacks. That is serious heat from the interior of a defense. For what it's worth, Ogunjobi did earn extremely poor marks from Pro Football Focus, including getting washed out by the run. He missed the bulk of the Bengals' playoff run with a foot injury. He will be going to work for a top-notch defensive mind in Matt Eberflus in Chicago. It is possible the ever-toolsy former third-rounder takes another step forward in 2022. He is certainly being paid like he will.
I did not expect the Bears to be active first week of FA

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Because every player in the NFL plays hurt and every GM does this.
I may have jumped the gun. The guy looks like he has been healthy after his rookie year. That said, I don't think other teams use high value assets like we do to acquire injured players. Carimi, Chris Williams, Jenkins, Kevin White, Jaylon Johnson.