Bears Free Agency only

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bengals and the Bills are recent examples of bottom out rebuilds
True enough. One thing to note is the timing of when they got their QB. Y2 of the QB's career wasn't the start of their rebuild. That creates additional stress. Obviously Poles can't go back and convince Pace to not trade multiple first round picks, but there is and should be additional pressure given that a QB's development is so often most important from year 1 to 2. If Poles wants to support Fields development, this was when would generally be considered most impactful for adding talent

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
True enough. One thing to note is the timing of when they got their QB. Y2 of the QB's career wasn't the start of their rebuild. That creates additional stress. Obviously Poles can't go back and convince Pace to not trade multiple first round picks, but there is and should be additional pressure given that a QB's development is so often most important from year 1 to 2. If Poles wants to support Fields development, this was when would generally be considered most impactful for adding talent
I think it'll be Y3 for Fields, I foresee them going heavy on WR/OL heavy in the draft this year, it's going to be slim in the FA dept this year(unless they trade for a WR). It will be a year to see what the team can accomplish with it being Field's team. We can thank Nagy/Pace for fucking all that shit up last year.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He has 22 women claiming sexual misconduct. He didn't go to a prostitute who was willing to engage in sexual activity.

You have to understand that difference!
Do you really think when he called and they meet up with her in sexy lingerie it was going to be a real massage? Don't be naïve.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
4 teams are going after Watson and if he goes to the Browns they are not immediate super bowl contenders yet. He will still be suspended by the NFL, does not matter that a grand jury didn't have enough evidence to proceed. Anyone going after him is thinking 2023
ONLY SIX (6) GAMES

L

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it'll be Y3 for Fields, I foresee them going heavy on WR/OL heavy in the draft this year, it's going to be slim in the FA dept this year(unless they trade for a WR). It will be a year to see what the team can accomplish with it being Field's team. We can thank Nagy/Pace for fucking all that shit up last year.
Similar to Josh Allen though I expect a better (looking) 2nd year from Fields. Of the 2021 QB class, Mac Jones is the only guy I expect to be close to his ceiling early this year. We've been spoiled by Herbert and Burrow.