Bears Free Agency only

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
At his point in his career, we shouldn't be pining for "upside". He should already be consistently proving it.

And that was his issue - inconsistent.

Poles is playing this whole thing right, even despite the impatience of the fans.
Fair enough. Still early in the process I’m certainly not freaking out. I’ll wait and see

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
At his point in his career, we shouldn't be pining for "upside". He should already be consistently proving it.

And that was his issue - inconsistent.

Poles is playing this whole thing right, even despite the impatience of the fans.
how would you know if he's inconsistent or not? you don't even watch the games but when you do, the only line play you are able to comment on with any sort of confidence is when Teven Jenkins smashes someone after the whistle because he's sticking up for his QB.

So save it, please.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears fans love getting attached to mediocre players that play for them especially if they are young. I would not mind if we re-signed Daniels but he is simply not someone worth crying about. Being good and consistent is better than being young and inconsistent.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Compensatory picks for fa lost would be next year's draft, correct?

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Interesting that Mustipher was tended a contract and not Daniels. I wanted to keep Daniels but not worth worrying about it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting that Mustipher was tended a contract and not Daniels. I wanted to keep Daniels but not worth worrying about it.
They may feel they can still develop Mustipher and the new scheme suits him better. Everyone says he's really smart at protections etc.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mustipher was tendered at the league minimum. His contract probably won't even count against the cap.

Daniels could not be tendered. He was an unrestricted free agent.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
how would you know if he's inconsistent or not? you don't even watch the games but when you do, the only line play you are able to comment on with any sort of confidence is when Teven Jenkins smashes someone after the whistle because he's sticking up for his QB.

So save it, please.
So true. Caught lying over and over again, proven he doesn't watch most of the teams he has so many strong opinions about. He should wait 4 months and come back under a new moniker. Maybe we'll forget who he is.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like the player. We need the position filled. Here is my problem with the signing. It signals that we are trying to be competitive this year which is stupid. I would have only filled defensive players with cheap or minimum players. Spend every big free agent dollar and draft pick on Oline and WR. Then next year with our cap space and picks you can start mixing in defense. Does us no good to try to finish 7-10 this year. All this year is for is developing fields and the offense around him long term. Why cant the bears hire me instead of a “professional”. Me and many on this board would be much wiser.

Im telling you poles thinks he can compete for the playoffs this year. I have zero faith in the new regime. Zero. Even if they sign fisher and Juju next (which is what i would do), this signing while a good player and not as much an overpay as we may think, was a waste.
If you fail on purpose in any profession you would be automatically fired

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So true. Caught lying over and over again, proven he doesn't watch most of the teams he has so many strong opinions about. He should wait 4 months and come back under a new moniker. Maybe we'll forget who he is.
Considering EVERY. SINGLE. NEW. ALT. of his has been smoked out over the years because of his unique cringiness, his next one will be no different IMO.

#unforgettablecringe

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The mods should preemptive change his name to simple Jack