Bears Free Agency only

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
deshaun watson will never win a superbowl, no matter how good his team is. mark it. pin it. shove it up your ass in a glass capsule. I dont give a fuck. the guy is garbage and he will make his team garbage he is the prototypical Stat Pad QB of this decade.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
deshaun watson will never win a superbowl, no matter how good his team is. mark it. pin it. shove it up your ass in a glass capsule. I dont give a fuck. the guy is garbage and he will make his team garbage he is the prototypical Stat Pad QB of this decade.
Thanks ret@rd. What's your thoughts on Stafford again?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Funny how its all of the recovering Trubisexuals who keep saying how Watson is no good.

What an odd hill to die on. Is it because he's black or because the Bears obviously made a massive mistake trading up for the bum ass journeyman/backup QB over just selecting the way better QB in Watson?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
We would not be getting the 2016 Khalil Mack. Hell we can’t even get the 2018 Khalil Mack to show up last season. Was Mack in 2018 able to handle double teams about every other play yeah, but in 2022 you can’t ask him to do that.

Again who to believe JoJoBoxer or my eyes and an NFL defensive linemen.

Quinn had like 20 sacks last season, who were the other offenses doubling when Mack was on IR? It certainly wasn’t Akiem Hicks. Either way if you’re expecting this team to compete for a super bowl next season you’re delusional. With or without Mack.
If you want to believe an NFL lineman as if he is some kind of expert over watching actual top 10 plays from when Mack was playing RDE, but his LDE plays were better, that is your call. Not all players who have played in the NFL are suddenly experts in scouting. Sure, they are better than you or me, but the film never lies, while players can.

As for Mack, his problem was that he and the team always decided to keep playing him while hurt, making him less effective and causing him to get additional injures and then doubling down and having him heal during the offseason instead of fixing the problem with surgery, again making him less effective and causing him to get hurt again. Since he went on IR during the season, he finally has had time to heal from surgery and come back healthy for once since he has been here.

Will he be able to come back to 2018 form after his injuries finally being treated correctly, with his age? Who knows? But he has a better chance than most.

As for being a Super Bowl contender, I never said that they would. Be honest, there are usually around 5 teams or so that have a realistic chance of being a Super Bowl contender most years and then there comes one or two teams that surprise, like Cincy this year.

The one thing that you forget is that new coaches bring new offenses to the team and they are a great unknowns (unless Fox brings in his run, run, pass offense) to defenses. Two perfect examples are the Trestman and Nagy first year offenses. Both were very good their first years and both were figured out their second years.

Nagy's offense was a Super Bowl contender if it weren't for the double doink and that was because they had a very good defense. Trestman's offense might have been a Super Bowl contender offense if it weren't for the defense which was pathetic.

Well, if the Flus offense somehow catches teams by surprise and does well its first year, it would be more like the Trestman situation because the defense would have let it down for the reasons I mentioned before.

Are the chances high of this happening? Hell, no! But no one expected Cincy to make it to the Super Bowl, just like no one expected the Giants to win the Super Bowl as a wild card team years ago. They got hot at the right time and barely made the playoffs and then ... Super Bowl champs.

But that time has passed for the Bears in 2022. They will not have a very good pass rush from their front 4 and will require pressure from other sources, weakening their already weak defense.

My hope is a large growth spurt from Fields. Anything else is just icing on the cake.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Funny how its all of the recovering Trubisexuals who keep saying how Watson is no good.

What an odd hill to die on. Is it because he's black or because the Bears obviously made a massive mistake trading up for the bum ass journeyman/backup QB over just selecting the way better QB in Watson?
You still on this stupidity ? My QB was always Patrick Mahomes, it's archived in this forum Special person. someone believing in the QB of their respective Team isn't bad, only for a cunt like you.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You still on this stupidity ? My QB was always Patrick Mahomes, it's archived in this forum ******. someone believing in the QB of their respective Team isn't bad, only for a cunt like you.
Willfully ignoring bad play and attacking people for calling things for what they are is bad. Some of us live in reality. We know you spend 23 hours of the day playing video games but maybe join us in the real world during your one free hour.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Stafford isn't a toxic being. thats my thoughts. Next !!
don’t remember Watson turning a blind eye on someone falling off a stage and breaking their back. What a good guy Stafford is.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Don't take offense from anything he says. He thinks deshaun watson was a bad qb. He also was a lions fan.
You complain about everything the Bears do, and drool over other teams and players like they can do no wrong.

I may have been a Lions fan in the past, but now I’m twice the Bears fan ppl like you are.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
You complain about everything the Bears do, and drool over other teams and players like they can do no wrong.

I may have been a Lions fan in the past, but now I’m twice the Bears fan ppl like you are.
That's literally the dumbest argument you could make. I've been on here defending yesterday's move while everyone else complains. A couple more bad years from the bears and you'll be onto the Jets or Jaguars or some other shitty team though.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who to believe a former NFL defensive lineman or your own eyes?

I gave you the 2016 top 10 Mack plays where he was on the opposite side of where Quinn plays for 80% of the splash plays.

Now I am giving you the 2017 top 10 Mack plays where he was on the opposite side of where Quinn plays for 90% of the splash plays.

Notice how he seemed to have more splash plays at the LDE position than he did at the RDE position for two consecutive years?

This shows that he would have been effective as a LDE while Quinn would have been a natural at RDE. Perhaps, he would have been better at RDE, but he certainly, if injury were not to be a factor again in 2022, would not have been bad at LDE.

Now, teams can double team Quinn and neutralize the Bears pass rush which is predicated on creating pressure with the front 4. It will make it simple for offenses to take advantages of the weaknesses of the rest of the defense like CB, slot, MLB, safety and rush defense.

Well, at least the Bears got some cap relief, a 2nd round draft pick and added a 3 Tech to try to fix one of the most important parts of the defense.

I feel that 2022 is going to be an ugly year.

Do you think we are SB contenders in 2022 or 2023? If not then what is the point of holding on to Mack? In the hopes he is still good at age 33 im 2024? Why carry ap hits of 27-30m a year the next three years?

Visionman

Liked Posts:
That's literally the dumbest argument you could make. I've been on here defending yesterday's move while everyone else complains. A couple more bad years from the bears though and you'll be onto the Jets or Jaguars or some other shitty team though.
You’re right in one aspect; it is the dumbest thing to actually reply to clueless posts like yours. Do carry on…I’ll be around a LONG time…

Nelly

Liked Posts:
They will not have a very good pass rush from their front 4 and will require pressure from other sources, weakening their already weak defense.
I don't know about that. If Quinn can carry over some of last year's mojo, Gipson takes another step forward in his development and Ogunjobi wasn't a fluke in Cincy, we should be alright at least. Blackson and Edwards aren't complete stiffs either.

I'm more worried about who's behind the line. Having Roquan at will is nice but the cupboard is almost completely bare otherwise. When it's all said and done, we're likely only going to be carrying over 4 defensive starters over from who started last year: Quinn, Smith, Jackson and Johnson... and it's not like Jackson is entirely by choice.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Looks like an overpay for a guy coming off a career year and an injury.
I realize that a player coming off surgery and injury is not ideal. But you almost make it sound like a player coming off his best year yet is a reason to be skeptical.

If the player had his best year 2 or 3 years ago or even longer, that is when I call BS. But he has improved and he is going to be playing at the position that is critical to the cover 2.

I am more optimistic that we got a really good player, and we paid him market value. Our Cap situation is not a consideration for him or his agent.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
don’t remember Watson turning a blind eye on someone falling off a stage and breaking their back. What a good guy Stafford is.
Lmao, yep he should of ripped of his shirt and exposed his Superman outfit swooped under her catching her before she met her awfully close demise you’re so right ! or maybe you think he should of dove head first into the asphalt and asked her “are you okay” ? Did you even watch the video ? He wasn’t even close enough let alone paying attention until she was half way off the stage ?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lmao, yep he should of ripped of his shirt and exposed his Superman outfit swooped under her catching her before she met her awfully close demise you’re so right ! or maybe you think he should of dove head first into the asphalt and asked her “are you okay” ? Did you even watch the video ? He wasn’t even close enough let alone paying attention until she was half way off the stage ?
We’ve already been through this and even he admitted he should have done damn near something instead of turning around and making his wife do the heavy lifting