Bears get Saquon money added to 2023 Salary Cap

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you want the Bears, with all of their gaps in the roster, to take a running back in the first round, over Barkley. Got it.

What other “good RBs” in this class is better Saquon?
With the draft, you can only ever speak of potential. We know Saquan's potential of getting injured is extremely high which is reason enough for a team, that only has a good run game and has squat for a pass game, should shy away from him. But to mention some others, Corum, Charbonett, Tucker, Tank Bigsby and that real fast back from Texas A & M.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
With the draft, you can only ever speak of potential. We know Saquan's potential of getting injured is extremely high which is reason enough for a team, that only has a good run game and has squat for a pass game, should shy away from him. But to mention some others, Corum, Charbonett, Tucker, Tank Bigsby and that real fast back from Texas A & M.
Corum, Charbonett, Tucker, Tank Bigsby and that real fast back from Texas A & M all have the “potential” to be better than Barkley. Got it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Corum, Charbonett, Tucker, Tank Bigsby and that real fast back from Texas A & M all have the “potential” to be better than Barkley. Got it.
Maybe you can write about it now. And be sure to include how absolutely ridiculous it would be for a team, whose run game is its least concern, to overpay for an oft injured RB whilst RBs continue to grow on trees.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
As my old man used to say, you’re enough to piss off the good humor man

#perpetuallyHangry

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe you can write about it now. And be sure to include how absolutely ridiculous it would be for a team, whose run game is its least concern, to overpay for an oft injured RB whilst RBs continue to grow on trees.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But not how ridiculous it would be, for a team losing their number 1 back in FA, whose running game and check down receiving game is no longer a concern, to draft a running back in the first round instead of a WR or Edge or 3 tech, or OL , instead of taking the best running back in FA.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven't been following the cap situation, but the last I saw a few months back, people were estimating that the Bears would have ~115M in cap space? Were those estimates just wrong or was there something that happened to revise the estimate?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Absolutely not on Barkley and drafting a RB in the first round.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
cool, lets kill Fields and reinjure our next big investment in Barkley.

fixing the Oline & WR dept. comes first starting 2 years ago...RB should be the least of worries right now if we can resign monty and it's not like we're super bowl bound next season.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Absolutely not on Barkley and drafting a RB in the first round.
not resigning monty and no rb's picked up , I would take that chance if we move down in the draft and yield back 2 or 3 first round picks somehow, I WOULD because that way we got Might have our guy within the extra pick.

All this trade down trade has me thinking poles is gonna move down and move back up somewhat. BTW, idk shit bout pOles plan.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
But not how ridiculous it would be, for a team losing their number 1 back in FA, whose running game and check down receiving game is no longer a concern, to draft a running back in the first round instead of a WR or Edge or 3 tech, or OL , instead of taking the best running back in FA.
Montgomery was no better than average. Herbert was looking better than him before the injury. And of course, Montgomery didn't account for the most rushing yardage on the team. The QB, who can't pass, did,,, and it wasn't even close. You missed a lot of the season while trolling, huh?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Montgomery was no better than average. Herbert was looking better than him before the injury. And of course, Montgomery didn't account for the most rushing yardage on the team. The QB, who can't pass, did,,, and it wasn't even close. You missed a lot of the season while trolling, huh?
Cite your sources