1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mainly stemming from him cancelling the football season in 2020 due to COVID.
Correct. He was tasked with making a decision based upon unprecedented circumstances and he chose the health and safety of his players, coaches, etc. and people hate him for it…

I’m thrilled with the hire based upon what I heard from people like Anthony Herron

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Agreed. In the moment, I also never blamed him for trying to keep people safe either
At the time, IIRC the Big Ten, Pac 12, MAC, and maybe another conference originally cancelled. The SEC and Big 12 were drivers for playing. They were worried about the virus causing heart related issues in young athletes. But I believe there was evidence emerging right around August that it was rare and the bigger concern was just how to play and mitigate.

I do wish there was a more coordinated approach by all of college football but this was a once a century type thing and they got through it to the best of their abilities.

Liked Posts:
I don't even know how to feel about this, it's such a great hire, bears are actually making smart moves....not sure if we're in the twilight zone here

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Kudos to George McCaskey. Good hire. Things are really looking up for the long term health of the Chicago Bears franchise.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great hire. This is a BIG deal. Well done.

I AM hearing more and more talk about taking Young and trading Fields. I don't like it, but who knows. I would MUCH rather trade back to #2 or #4 and take Anderson, getting more picks. We'll see.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He's not being forced out but saw one tweet saying this was inevitable. Covid stuff pissed off too many people.
I think it's inevitable not because he pissed too many people off but because of how he was treated after. Meaning I think that he was looking for a way out more so than anyone was trying to push him out.

I think all the Big Ten presidents and most of the boosters and ADs would be fine with him when they see how much $ he has already made them with UCLA and USC, plus their new TV deal that he did. He would have overseen the first true megaconference had he stayed a few more years. With by far the largest per school revenue stream in the NCAA.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Mainly stemming from him cancelling the football season in 2020 due to COVID.

and then Justin led the charge to play....

The Big Ten may have already nixed the idea of playing football amid the coronavirus crisis this fall, but one of its biggest stars is urging the conference to reconsider.

Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields launched a petition Sunday on MoveOn.org, reiterating the #WeWantToPlay hashtag that became a rallying cry for many college football players last week as their conferences determined whether to start the 2020 season in September.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think it's inevitable not because he pissed too many people off but because of how he was treated after. Meaning I think that he was looking for a way out more so than anyone was trying to push him out.

I think all the Big Ten presidents and most of the boosters and ADs would be fine with him when they see how much $ he has already made them with UCLA and USC, plus their new TV deal that he did. He would have overseen the first true megaconference had he stayed a few more years. With by far the largest per school revenue stream in the NCAA.
People can complain about the covid stuff all the want (even though he followed the lead of basically the entire world), but he's had incredible success everywhere he's been. I've seen people complain about him with the Vikings too although he was a part of a great new stadium and was there for 2 NFCCG for that franchise. Not sure of any legitimate complaints about the guy. The only thing I'd be worried about is how quickly he replaces Goodell.