First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Did he say why has is leaving the Big Ten? or is he being forced out?

Also noticed from his Wikipedia that his family lives in Chicago.
Rumors are he has aspirations to be the NFL commissioner eventually. This is another bullet point on his resume.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
IDK anything about this guy but it seems like a brilliant hire. A move I expected the bears to royally fuck up.
Maybe they pulled a Mike McCaskey and made the announcement before he signed on the dotted line?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sounds like a smart, intelligent hire. Glad it wasn't the cousin twice removed from the Halas side.

Reactions: DC

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He's not being forced out but saw one tweet saying this was inevitable. Covid stuff pissed off too many people.
And most of those pissed off people are no longer in the Big 10.

Now it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall the next time Fields and him pass in the hall at Halas Hall.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
And most of those pissed off people are no longer in the Big 10.

Now it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall the next time Fields and him pass in the hall at Halas Hall.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like the hire about time we got some experienced executives to run things, good move things are looking up. Hope poles still reports to George and Warren concentrates on the rest of the business.
I hope that Poles would report to a football president, not George.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
and then Justin led the charge to play....

The Big Ten may have already nixed the idea of playing football amid the coronavirus crisis this fall, but one of its biggest stars is urging the conference to reconsider.

Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields launched a petition Sunday on MoveOn.org, reiterating the #WeWantToPlay hashtag that became a rallying cry for many college football players last week as their conferences determined whether to start the 2020 season in September.
Maybe Fields should urge the Bears to reconsider the "no cheerleader" stance of the Bears.

Green text.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I simply can't understand the urge of some fans to immediately post the stupid doom and gloom.

I mean, I get being unhappy with results. But the race to see how fast they can post stupid shit amazes me.

Bears hire new coach. "He'll suck!"
Bears get #1 draft pick: "They'll fuck it up"
Bears hire extremely accomplished President, replacing a guy we have all wanted gone for years: "They'll fuck him up!"

I mean, how miserable is your life that these are your only thoughts?

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoge & Jahns devoted a pod to Kevin Warren in December when he was announced as a candidate.

Good segment with Matt Fortuna, college football writer for The Athletic's, with insight into his tenure and accomplishments as Big 10 commissioner. The transition from Jim Delany to Warren was awkward because of the pandemic. The COVID policy wasn't his decision alone—the commish represents the teams of the Big 10. On the pod, they discuss his involvement with the Vikings stadium and Warren's aspirations to succeed Goodell for the NFL commissioner role.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, from what I have seen, people pissed off over moves made regarding Covid are fucking idiots, so if they are happy he's leaving, it's a great hire.

Meh, no one cares dude...

Was simply relaying what a reporter said.