Bears have a new president

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well sounds like he starts in early spring, so maybe he hasn't been able to critique poles plan that will be reported to him in several months yet
If he’s Poles boss… he should know Poles plan now and have input now before he was hired.

Unless he was hired simply to build the stadium and make George and Family money… which I’m perfectly fine with. But if that’s the case he shouldn’t be Poles boss.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
If he’s Poles boss… he should know Poles plan now and have input now before he was hired.

Unless he was hired simply to build the stadium and make George and Family money… which I’m perfectly fine with. But if that’s the case he shouldn’t be Poles boss.
FYI I edited my previous post which addressed the bottom paragraph of your post here

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well sounds like he starts in early spring, so maybe he hasn't been able to critique poles plan that will be reported to him in several months yet.

Also, I think you are expecting more from him than is his job. My hope is he'll be more competent at helping out the football people and choosing the correct ones if/when that time comes. I don't think he's really involved in the day to day handling which feels like what you are asking for

I don’t expect day to day handling of football matters.

I DO expect some coherent vision for this team’s on the field football play if he’s going to be the boss of the head football guy.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers

I DO expect some coherent vision for this team’s on the field football play if he’s going to be the boss of the head football guy.

I didn't watch the press conference. Those things bore the hell out of me because nothing interesting ever gets said.

That said, Warren doesn't start until April 17th. There's plenty of time for the football side of the team to get on the same page and up to speed if they aren't already. This tweet seems like a good indication they're on the same page to me.

I expect a lot more to be clarified in the future when he's had a couple months on the job.

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:

That’s literally not his job though. I don’t think you understand what a team president does.

Poles reporting to him pretty much means that he’ll have to run player signings and trades by him for money allocation reasons and nothing more. Warren is here to use his connections to get sponsor money, maybe some stuff with the preseason TV rights and obviously lead the stadium project.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s literally not his job though. I don’t think you understand what a team president does.

Poles reporting to him pretty much means that he’ll have to run player signings and trades by him for money allocation reasons and nothing more. Warren is here to use his connections to get sponsor money, maybe some stuff with the preseason TV rights and obviously lead the stadium project.

I don’t think ANY of us do because it wasn’t discussed!

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Correct. I'm excited about his background and am glad that he is not just some guy who has risen up the ranks within the same dysfunctional Bears organization
Yeah that was me last week. Unfortunately I got nothing but pom poms today.

But hey…. At least it’s OK to “talk about winning a championship now!” ?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Like I said. Anything. He was asked in the presser and on radio and pivoted every time.

But hey, I get it. This is like draft day and everyone is going to the HOF, so all criticism will fall on deaf ears today.
I wasn't expecting to answer any hardball questions. Lovie was the only one that did that and all he said was...beat Green Bay

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wasn't expecting to answer any hardball questions. Lovie was the only one that did that and all he said was...beat Green Bay

Poles and Flus actually do to the extent that they can. Was hoping new guy would be of the same mold.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that was me last week. Unfortunately I got nothing but pom poms today.

But hey…. At least it’s OK to “talk about winning a championship now!” ?
I don't mean to challenge you as I usually agree with your posts.

With that being said can you elaborate a little more on what he should have said juxtaposed "anything"? I thought his presser was fine and I don't usually read too much into them.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Poles and Flus actually do to the extent that they can. Was hoping new guy would be of the same mold.
Which is why the team is structured to have them handle football personnel operations.

I guess Warren might have a say in some of the football operations, but he strikes me as more of a team president role.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Here’s the quote that is at the root of my issues.

Poles has “complete authority”

But still reports to Warren.

What if Warren doesn’t like what Poles reports? Does he fire Poles? Does Poles tell him to F off? I’d just like to know the chain of command here. What if Poles wants to trade Fields? Draft a guy who beats his girlfriend? Spend a hundred million? I’m not sure I believe George when he says “complete authority”. Surely there are some situations that require approval. Does he go to Warren then?