Bears have a new president

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Its an honor that Mrs Virginia McCaskey is still living"- Kevin Warren
Glad I'm not the only one who heard that and paused a bit...don't think he wanted that to come out that way, but it sure did.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here’s the quote that is at the root of my issues.

Poles has “complete authority”

But still reports to Warren.

What if Warren doesn’t like what Poles reports? Does he fire Poles? Does Poles tell him to F off? I’d just like to know the chain of command here. What if Poles wants to trade Fields? Draft a guy who beats his girlfriend? Spend a hundred million? I’m not sure I believe George when he says “complete authority”. Surely there are some situations that require approval. Does he go to Warren then?
Poles first order of business will be to fire Warren tomorrow and name himself Team President.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Here’s the quote that is at the root of my issues.

Poles has “complete authority”

But still reports to Warren.

What if Warren doesn’t like what Poles reports? Does he fire Poles? Does Poles tell him to F off? I’d just like to know the chain of command here. What if Poles wants to trade Fields? Draft a guy who beats his girlfriend? Spend a hundred million? I’m not sure I believe George when he says “complete authority”. Surely there are some situations that require approval. Does he go to Warren then?

I'm guessing if he isn't winning a couple years down the line, then Warren will make a change

But until then, Poles has complete authority

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s literally not his job though. I don’t think you understand what a team president does.

Poles reporting to him pretty much means that he’ll have to run player signings and trades by him for money allocation reasons and nothing more. Warren is here to use his connections to get sponsor money, maybe some stuff with the preseason TV rights and obviously lead the stadium project.

By his own words he will be involved in the football decisions.

“He’s the expert,” Warren said of Poles. “I mean, he’s a general manager, he’s a scout, he’s been around successful organizations. You understand that. But I’ll be involved. I'll put it this way, our offices are right next door to each other. So, I guarantee you we’re going to be communicating every single day on it. But I'm not a micromanager. That’s not my style. But we’ll be there, and we’ll work through it. I’m looking forward to building that great relationship.

He’s going to meet with Poles and go over draft and free agency plans. Here are questions he will ask:

“What do you like about the player? What do you not like?” he said. “What does he do better than any other player right now in the NFL? What is his strength? What is a weakness? What are the costs associated with it? What will he bring in ancillary value to our team other than what he does on the field?

So anyways…. If you guys think he’s just going to be building the stadium and writing checks you’ve ignored what they’ve told us.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It does crack me up that I was fighting with people not even 5 years ago here defending the McCaskeys against accusations of racism.

Fast forward 5 years, and the Bears have a black QB, a black GM, the first black CEO in the NFL, and now I am arguing with people who somehow think Mitch was a better prospect than Fields and accusing them of being racist due to their denial of actual facts.

What a wild ride....
Is that true? I thought the Raiders (maybe the Ravens) recently hired an African-American female to the president/CEO position.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
By his own words he will be involved in the football decisions.

“He’s the expert,” Warren said of Poles. “I mean, he’s a general manager, he’s a scout, he’s been around successful organizations. You understand that. But I’ll be involved. I'll put it this way, our offices are right next door to each other. So, I guarantee you we’re going to be communicating every single day on it. But I'm not a micromanager. That’s not my style. But we’ll be there, and we’ll work through it. I’m looking forward to building that great relationship.

He’s going to meet with Poles and go over draft and free agency plans. Here are questions he will ask:

“What do you like about the player? What do you not like?” he said. “What does he do better than any other player right now in the NFL? What is his strength? What is a weakness? What are the costs associated with it? What will he bring in ancillary value to our team other than what he does on the field?

So anyways…. If you guys think he’s just going to be building the stadium and writing checks you’ve ignored what they’ve told us.
Remember the story that came out that Pace didn't even bother meeting Deshaun Watson? My guess is that a details man like Warren is going to make sure he meets with him. Whereas Ted Phillips probably just took Pace's word.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Remember the story that came out that Pace didn't even bother meeting Deshaun Watson? My guess is that a details man like Warren is going to make sure he meets with him. Whereas Ted Phillips probably just took Pace's word.
That’s the hope.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it bodes well. Smart guy. Between him, Poles, and Flus—I like the direction we're headed. Teddy added NOTHING to the football side of things. Warren has tons of experience. This is all going to help. Great move. I've heard NOTHING but positives from the media.