Bears have the oldest roster in the NFL

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They'll be in top half of the youngest next year. Peters, Dalton, Foles, Hicks, Quinn, Danny T, Graham will all be gone. Most of those listed won't even be contributing much by the end of this season

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll be in top half of the youngest next year. Peters, Dalton, Foles, Hicks, Quinn, Danny T, Graham will all be gone. Most of those listed won't even be contributing much by the end of this season
This...

It won't take much to go from the oldest to youngest...I think that metric is a bit over-rated as being meaningful

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
good chance halfway through the season Bears lose a 33 and 39 year old to be fair.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Bucs had the second youngest team in 2019 and went 7-9. Last year they had the 26th oldest team and won the Super Bowl.

What does that mean? Nothing, just like this "statistic".
It means a lot when the GM trades away so many draft picks and can't replnish the roster.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This...

It won't take much to go from the oldest to youngest...I think that metric is a bit over-rated as being meaningful
Just the fact that we have several old players and still come in at just 27 years old on average shows this is a pretty young team and the stat is as you say overrated and a bit misleading.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Just the fact that we have several old players and still come in at just 27 years old on average shows this is a pretty young team and the stat is as you say overrated and a bit misleading.
lol this. it's skewed by Dalton, Peters, and Graham notably. Peters is an anomaly, you don't have guys like Adrian Peterson still trying to make fetch happen at 36 and beyond. most players my age in that late 30s sect are all retired.