Bears Head Coach Considerations

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'd be ok with McDaniel's but would prefer Ryan Day or Jim Harbaugh. But all 3 have head coaching experience and are Offensive coaches which I see as the main criteria for the job. There is some risk to each one but don't want another HC learning how to do the job.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
If the Bears have the #1 opening for a HC they should get the guy they want.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He did fail in Denver but he doesn't get as much credit as he should for what the Pats do on offense and how they can bring in any style of QB and he knows how to use him.

I'm down with taking a shot on him. I'm sure he's learned and grown a lot from everything that happened in Denver and what he's done since.

What styles of QB have they brought in? Brady, Orton, JG, Cassell and Mac are similar style QBs. He sucked with Cam and preferred Orton to Culter.

Fields is not really a good fit for McDaniels.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So? Anyone who does negotiations knows that things aren’t final until the signatures are done. Ballard made a rookie mistake.

Yes Ballard did but doesnt change the fact that McDaniels is a snake and untrustworthy.

The question is whether we would want someone like McDaniels leading the team. The answer for me is no. Why would anyone trust anything he says unless it is written in blood since verbal pomises or agreements mean nothing to him?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
McDaniels is intriguing. He has experience. He has experience failing horribly. But did he learn from it? He's older, potentially wiser. He's going to get another shot eventually.

Not saying OMG SIGN HIM. But he's an interesting candidate.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yes Ballard did but doesnt change the fact that McDaniels is a snake and untrustworthy.

The question is whether we would want someone like McDaniels leading the team. The answer for me is no. Why would anyone trust anything he says unless it is written in blood since verbal pomises or agreements mean nothing to him?
Who cares is he’s a snake if he wins? The list of royal assholes with Super Bowl trophies is long.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
While we're just throwing shit at the wall, Id tbrow Mike Leach into the mix. He a proven leader and his teams always outperform their expectations. I personally love his personality, he reminds me of Bruce Arians a bit. Alot of soft skinned folks have complained about him being to harsh and hurting feelings. I dont think it would be a problem in the league.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I didn't limit that to fans. Some owners may still want him but others will now pass.
I mean that’s the same with every candidate. ?‍♂️ Some will want and some won’t.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean that’s the same with every candidate. ?‍♂️ Some will want and some won’t.
You're still mixing metaphors and I was being nice. He's not been wanted by anyone. He'd be on more lists without those incidents and he's interviewed for gigs since the Colts. There's not a more qualified/experienced OC trying to make the leap, and he'd like to, but he hasn't been hired and is lacking better opportunities for a reason. Eventually somebody will give him another shot but I'd rather the Bear not take that risk.

Last edited:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually am surprised that a lot of you would want McDaniels. He runs an offense consisting of predominantly short passes with blocking schemes, running plays, and occasional shots down the field, consuming the clock, etc. The type of offense I like to help the defense. Not high risk passing plays. It just seemed to me that most of you want to see long passes and get off on that.

I wanted him in 2018 because I thought it was a system that would be good forTrubisky and a defense on the upswing.

By now, I think the Pats probably made him some promises to keep him from leaving back then. Belichick stays on as GM and McDaniels gets his dream job sooner rather than later.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
McDaniels is intriguing. He has experience. He has experience failing horribly. But did he learn from it? He's older, potentially wiser. He's going to get another shot eventually.

Not saying OMG SIGN HIM. But he's an interesting candidate.
This is where I’m at as well. Unfortunately, I don’t love any of the candidates but mcdaniels if nothing else is an interesting candidate due to his experience and upside.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Pack OC Nate Hackett?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're still mixing metaphors and I was being nice. He's not been wanted by anyone. He'd be on more lists without those incidents and he's interviewed for gigs since the Colts. There's not a more qualified/experienced OC trying to make the leap, and he'd like to, but he hasn't been hired and is lacking better opportunities for a reason. Eventually somebody will give him another shot but I'd rather the Bear not take that risk.
What’s the risk? Seriously I don’t get the risk.
The only risk is if you fuck it up like the Colts did. I mean I get it…. He’s not the best person. Who cares? Nagy is a great guy by all accounts. Keep him if you want a Boy Scout. All I care about is winning.