Bears Head Coach Considerations

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Perhaps. Daboll and Roman are pretty qualified as well though as far as offensive candidates are concerned
They are but don’t have head coaching experience.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
They are but don’t have head coaching experience.
That’s true. It’d be nice for the new HC to have HC experience but I don’t think it’s necessary. I’m more looking for history of successful offenses (multiple seasons) and a natural leader.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Did it occur to any of you that the reason the Bears always wind up with shitty coaches could be because good coaches aren’t interested?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s everyone’s thoughts on Pack OC Nate Hackett?
Just looking at the list - He seems to have enough experience (15yrs??) to get a look - Personally I'm tired of clowns like Nagy from the Andy Reid tree with very little experience-

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Just looking at the list - He seems to have enough experience (15yrs??) to get a look - Personally I'm tired of clowns like Nagy from the Andy Reid tree with very little experience-
Oh I think he deserves an interview for sure. His dad was a former college and NFL coach as well so he grew up around the game. Players apparently love him and Rodgers speaks very highly of him. Says he would hate to lose him but would make a great HC. Haven’t seen his name tossed around here

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
What’s the risk? Seriously I don’t get the risk.
The only risk is if you fuck it up like the Colts did. I mean I get it…. He’s not the best person. Who cares? Nagy is a great guy by all accounts. Keep him if you want a Boy Scout. All I care about is winning.
Jesus - WTF - Complete loss of memory on this guy is astonishing -First time around as a head coach McDanial got caught cheating - Filming the Rams walkthrough practice before the NFL game in England - AND that was after NE was caught cheating against the rest of the league-
He was fired and it cost Denver Draft picks- IIRC at least 1 #1 pick for that season a which would have been a Top 5 because of their record and maybe some more can't remember/don't want to look it up.

"Edit - No draft picks just Cash ; Team and McDaniel"

Then his second chance he backs out of the job days before he was suppose to start- Talk about a cheesy little bastard - That would be Josh McDanial in a nutshell.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jesus - WTF - Complete loss of memory on this guy is astonishing -First time around as a head coach McDanial got caught cheating - Filming the Rams walkthrough practice before the NFL game in England - AND that was after NE was caught cheating against the rest of the league-
He was fired and it cost Denver Draft picks- IIRC at least 1 #1 pick for that season a which would have been a Top 5 because of their record and maybe some more can't remember/don't want to look it up.

"Edit - No draft picks just Cash ; Team and McDaniel"

Then his second chance he backs out of the job days before he was suppose to start- Talk about a cheesy little bastard - That would be Josh McDanial in a nutshell.
LOL. Was about to say you’re way off on this. $50,000 fine and from what I read the NFL only had an issue with him not reporting it.

The cheating is actually a much better reason to not hire the guy than the Colts incident. So I do agree there.

And the Colts thing depending on who you believe was partially due to Ballard and him not working out how certain aspects of the organization would be run. So again ….. yeah he’s probably an asshole…. But Ballard had the bigger fuck up IMO.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
No to McDaniels. Most of their success is due to Belichick and his defense and McDaniels is asked to manage the game and not do anything stupid. We need to pry Sean Payton away from the Saints.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
What's this Hackett fella do? Wash Lafleurs balls while he calls plays?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. Was about to say you’re way off on this. $50,000 fine and from what I read the NFL only had an issue with him not reporting it.

The cheating is actually a much better reason to not hire the guy than the Colts incident. So I do agree there.

And the Colts thing depending on who you believe was partially due to Ballard and him not working out how certain aspects of the organization would be run. So again ….. yeah he’s probably an asshole…. But Ballard had the bigger fuck up IMO.
Yea well I got another thing wrong too - It was the 49ers not the Rams that was filmed- But the main issue was the Cheating -

He is high risk with questionable character and an awkward twerp - Not really someone I would think you can get a franchise turned around with.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Who cares is he’s a snake if he wins? The list of royal assholes with Super Bowl trophies is long.

I kinda agree and get your point.

However, I am with remy and Bearly here. McDaniels has shown he is so power hungry to be a detriment to the team. In DEN, he drafted Tebow way too early and jammed him in to prove he is a genius. In IND, it looked like he was playing for power against Ballard, gentlemens' agreement while asking for more shared GMN power and Ballard called his bluff (my reading of the tea leaves so to speak).

In no universe do the McCaskeys take such a power guy like McD. Their last hires after Lovie have been novices just grateful for the chance to be an NFL HC (Trestman and Nagy) and a "too old for this" coach looking to pad his pension before riding in the sunset (Fox).

They have all been safe and guys who will not rock the boat in Halas Hall (but I suspect Fox raised some hell they didn't count on a few times).

McDaniels is a non-starter and won't even get an interview imo

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Fields will definitely net more interest

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I kinda agree and get your point.

However, I am with remy and Bearly here. McDaniels has shown he is so power hungry to be a detriment to the team. In DEN, he drafted Tebow way too early and jammed him in to prove he is a genius. In IND, it looked like he was playing for power against Ballard, gentlemens' agreement while asking for more shared GMN power and Ballard called his bluff (my reading of the tea leaves so to speak).

In no universe do the McCaskeys take such a power guy like McD. Their last hires after Lovie have been novices just grateful for the chance to be an NFL HC (Trestman and Nagy) and a "too old for this" coach looking to pad his pension before riding in the sunset (Fox).

They have all been safe and guys who will not rock the boat in Halas Hall (but I suspect Fox raised some hell they didn't count on a few times).

McDaniels is a non-starter and won't even get an interview imo
Oh I wouldn’t let him pick players. Fuk that.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are really that many people clamoring for McDaniels? I don't get the love for this guy. He doesn't seem like a guy who would fit with Fields. Also it's not like his offense has been that great. The patriots usually win off the back of their defense and controlling the clock on offense. He had Brady in 2019 and their offense ranked 15th. In 2020 their offense was terrible but you could make an excuse for Cam Newton being shitty. This year, they're winning games but the offense again isn't the reason why they're winning. So I don't get why people want this guy. Also, he seems to be a fan of the dink and dunk and make quick reads type of QB. That's not Fields. Fields' strength is the deep ball, which McDaniels rarely does.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
True but lying to him still doesn't wear well. How many times does a guy need to prove untrustworthy before it matters to some? He reportedly backed out of the Indi job due to wanting more control than his GM after their roles were well known. A last minute power play that Ballard wanted no part of.

Could he now have his shit together and understand his place. Sure but it's more likely that he'll not accept that long term and create conflict from within unless he's given more than he can chew from the start, like what happened in Denver where his ego ruled over common sense/smart football decisions.

i can only tell you i went to their preseason game a few years ago when we still had Fox and company....even watching Garopollo play it was obvious they ran much more elegant plays than the mickey mouse stuff we had going.

The thing I like about McDaniel's experience is they've played many styles, smash mouth, play action, short passing, bombs away with Moss....

but I do hear what you're saying, he has definitely pulled some sketchy stuff that would make me think twice

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There are really that many people clamoring for McDaniels? I don't get the love for this guy. He doesn't seem like a guy who would fit with Fields. Also it's not like his offense has been that great. The patriots usually win off the back of their defense and controlling the clock on offense. He had Brady in 2019 and their offense ranked 15th. In 2020 their offense was terrible but you could make an excuse for Cam Newton being shitty. This year, they're winning games but the offense again isn't the reason why they're winning. So I don't get why people want this guy. Also, he seems to be a fan of the dink and dunk and make quick reads type of QB. That's not Fields. Fields' strength is the deep ball, which McDaniels rarely does.
Did you just start watching the NFL in 2019?