Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Just came in from Ian Rappaport

Big move for the #Bears: Chicago is hiring Sean Desai to be its new defensive coordinator, sources say. To my knowledge, the first person of Indian descent to become a coordinator in the NFL. They call him “Doc” for his doctorate at Temple, now they’ll also call him DC.
excellent more!!!!! We wanted Fangio back and we got the next best thing, his prize pupil.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
To anyone that knows, is he a 3-4 guy or is there a chance we switch to 4-3 with him?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Some of you have no fucking clue what you’re talking about.

Sean Desai is incredibly respected in the building and around the league—He would’ve probably gotten poached by next year if the Bears didn’t do this.

The players love him. He’s a Fangio pupil. And keeps at least some measure of continuity on the defense.

The Bears made a mistake by letting Brandon Staley walk out the door. I’m glad they didn’t make that same mistake again.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The move is fine i guess? Didn't think the DC was going to be the difference next year anyways. If he's able to get them back in the top 10, i'd say thats a major success.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Am I missing something? He didn’t start becoming a position coach till AFTER Fangio left. He was a low level assistant, hired by Trestman, till 2019. Just 2 seasons ago!

In 2019 he becomes EJ’s coach. EJ has been terrible since. I don’t see the excitement.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jaylon and the 2xDbs, and the DE/OLB Bears should draft this year..

So we have one player currently on the roster you can name, and if all goes well we add 2 more I’m guessing in rounds 2 and 3?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't want 8f he doesn't play our CBS 10 yards off the ball on 3rd and 1

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
soo will we be getting that free 3rd round pick or is that just for front office workers?

I thought that was only if someone hires Champ Bailey out of our front office for a GM job?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm good with the hire and will be even better if he gets this team with more sacks, QB hits and turnovers like we were before Pagano.

It's the offense that has my attention and hopefully R.Pace's attention as well.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
So he's the last rat aboard a sinking ship??

Nah, happy for the guy, and I hope this is good for his career. I would think if he has our defense looking better next year, that he'll have opportunities after Nagy and Pace get shitcanned.
That's why I like the hire. If he's good and Nagy gets canned, they could keep him in the role if they bring in an offensive HC and take the Nagy/Fangio model. Or, if he's real good he could become a HC candidate himself.

If he's in over his head or just sucks, everyone is likely gone and no loss.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does nothing to raise my hopes for 2021. I kinda hate that he’s been here.. I hope he’s not a yes man for bald Julius.

Liked Posts:
Am I missing something? He didn’t start becoming a position coach till AFTER Fangio left. He was a low level assistant, hired by Trestman, till 2019. Just 2 seasons ago!

In 2019 he becomes EJ’s coach. EJ has been terrible since. I don’t see the excitement.
But, but, but...he's indian.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Good luck, I hope he does well. But let's call a spade a spade. We didn't have many options, and I'm sure not many outsiders were interested in joining a team that has a HC and GM firmly on the hot seat heading into the season.

If we were looking at any other team with a OC as Bill Lazor and DC some internal promotion from an underperformed defense.....we wouldn't think much of that team's potential. It just is what it is. I hope Dessai will miraculously turn things around, but at this point its just wishful thinking