Bears Hire Sean Desai as DC

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I wasn't clear.....I meant if I was a pro.....I'd have a little trouble with someone coaching me who never played football on any level. Yeah ......Haley played on the golf team in college. His Dad basically smooth the way for him to get football jobs

I guess some of the players that know him actually respect him. And he did his dad proud he went from quality control to head coach. Not to bad for never playing in high school and I’m sure he know more about football then the men and women on this message board.

Well Haley was hired last yr. as the offensive coordinator for Riverview High School in Sarasota, Florida. So lets wish him well (y)

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well Haley was hired last yr. as the offensive coordinator for Riverview High School in Sarasota, Florida. So lets wish him well (y)
I don’t need to....I’m sure he is doing fine.
He has a million dollars in the bank I’m sure.
He is doing what he wants.
He has accomplished what some haven’t.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I agree you have to pay dues. I really do. But he is not hiring himself, they hired him. Or should I say promoted him. That’s not on him. That’s on Nagy on Pace. He has no fault here. He turned in an application, “they” accepted it. “They” interviewed him. “They” promoted him for the spot. If he doesn’t pan out, we blame “them” more than him.

Well lets be clear the Mon after our playoff loss to N.O. I wanted Nagy and Pace fired.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not entirely accurate. Columbus had 4 separate voyages to the New World. While he did not make landfall in North America he did so in South America in the area of Venuzuela.
Yeah but discovering (or finding) a place is different than making a voyage.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but discovering (or finding) a place is different than making a voyage.

Not sure how you figure. Columbus was aware he hit the mainland or continent and it was his doing so that led to Vespucci's voyage.

The Americas were named after Amerigo because he had better PR and he likely forged/lied about details of his voyage. Two accounts attributed to him became widely popular in Europe and it is likely he made up some details about where they actually went. Later a cartographer believing his accountd started calling the New World the Americas and the name stuck.

Last edited:

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Was our safties coach.
Learned under Fangio.
Fangio tried to take him away from Bears.
Young and upcommer, who defense will look a whole lot more aggressive and attacking then we have been last 2 years.
Someone Kalil Mack and some of our defensive stars wanted as the D coordinator after UP CHUCK left.
Good hire

I don't think anyone has any idea if this defense will be more aggressive and take more chances than we've seen.

I hope this guy is willing to blitz more on 3rd down that Fangio was.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not sure how you figure. Columbus was aware he hit the mainland or continent and it was his doing so that led to Vespucci's voyage.

The America's were named after Amerigo because he had better PR and he likely forged/lied about details of his voyage.
Landing on a Caribbean island doesn't constitute landing on North America or South America. The Amerigo landed on the "mainland" first, hence he discovered them.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Landing on a Caribbean island doesn't constitute landing on North America or South America. The Amerigo landed on the "mainland" first, hence he discovered them.

You clearly did not read my post. Columbus landed in Venuzuela on his 3rd voyage before Amerigo in August of 1498. Venuzuela is on the mainland.

Vespucci wasnt even captain. The actual captain was Alonso De Ojeda and his voyage was to explore the mainland Colukbus found in 1498. That voyage was 1499-1500. The reason why people dont talk much about Vespucci today is because he is largely considered a thief and a liar who stole credit belonging to others. He wrote stories of the voyages where he lied about and embellished his role and those stories are what led to people thinking he was the captain or one of the leaders of the expeditions when he likely was not.

Last edited:

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You clearly did not read my post. Columbus landed in Venuzuela on his 3rd voyage before Amerigo in August of 1498. Venuzuela is on the mainland.

Wrong, Amerigo Vespucci discovered South America on May 10, 1497.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Vespucci wasnt even captain. The actual captain was Alonso De Ojeda and his voyage was to explore the mainland Colukbus found in 1498. That voyage was 1499-1500. The reason why people dont talk muvh about Vespucci is because he is largely considered a thief and a liar who stole credit belonging to others.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wrong, Amerigo Vespucci discovered South America on May 10, 1497.

No that voyage is considered to have been made up by most historians as a means to gain primacy over Columbus. The documentation of it is from 1504 and is considered a forgery. His first official voyage that has documentation beyond his own claims is the 1499-1500 voyage which he was not the captain of.

Alleged voyage of 1497–1498
A letter, written to Piero Soderini and published in 1504, purports to be an account by Vespucci of a voyage to the New World, leaving Spain on 10 May 1497 and returning in October 1498. This is perhaps the most controversial of Vespucci's voyages and many historians doubt that it took place as described. Some writers question the authorship and accuracy of the letter and consider it to be a forgery.[14] Others point to the inconsistencies in the narrative of the voyage, particularly the alleged course, starting near Honduras and proceeding northwest for 870 leagues (about 5,130 km or 3,190 mi)–a course that would have taken them across Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.[15] Feelings also ran high among earlier historians who felt that Vespucci lied about this voyage to gain primacy over Columbus as the first explorer to encounter the mainland.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No that voyage is considered to have been made up by most historians as a means to gain primacy over Columbus. The documentation of it is from 1504 and is considered a forgery. His first official voyage that has documentation beyond his own claims is the 1499-1500 voyage which he was not the captain of.

A letter, written to Piero Soderini and published in 1504, purports to be an account by Vespucci of a voyage to the New World, leaving Spain on 10 May 1497 and returning in October 1498. This is perhaps the most controversial of Vespucci's voyages and many historians doubt that it took place as described. Some writers question the authorship and accuracy of the letter and consider it to be a forgery.[14] Others point to the inconsistencies in the narrative of the voyage, particularly the alleged course, starting near Honduras and proceeding northwest for 870 leagues (about 5,130 km or 3,190 mi)–a course that would have taken them across Mexico to the Pacific Ocean.[15] Feelings also ran high among earlier historians who felt that Vespucci lied about this voyage to gain primacy over Columbus as the first explorer to encounter the mainland.
The letter, written to the Gonfalonier of Florence (a high official on the city-state's supreme executive council), accounts a 1497 expedition to the Bahamas and Central America. Again most historians agree he was the first to discover those lands.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

You thanked post 11 in this thread that listed 5 external candidates so cant tell if serious or playing dumb. Did you think all those guys worked for the Bears?

Yeah, I glanced through that thread and thought it was a terrible wish list for DC. Didnt realize we actually were showing real interest in those guys.

Interviewing cast offs, winless Highschool coaches, and some dude who chose to coach for a WWE wrestler in Detroit isn't an inspiring list. With a short list like that it proves my point that it is hard to recruit a good candidate considering the situation our GM and HC are entering the season in. Might as well hire an unknown internal guy and hope for the best.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I guess we should be happy we landed him and not some boomer has been looking for a last pay check

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The letter, written to the Gonfalonier of Florence (a high official on the city-state's supreme executive council), accounts a 1497 expedition to the Bahamas and Central America. Again most historians agree he was the first to discover those lands.

Except I just showed you where it literally says most historians consider it a forgery.

This is from his own wiki page with references. Historians at the time thought he was lying and historians today think the letter is a forgery. It is known he lied because it is known he was not actually captain of the 1499-1500 voyage.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I glanced through that thread and thought it was a terrible wish list for DC. Didnt realize we actually were showing real interest in those guys.

Interviewing cast offs, winless Highschool coaches, and some dude who chose to coach for a WWE wrestler in Detroit isn't an inspiring list. With a short list like that it proves my point that it is hard to recruit a good candidate considering the situation our GM and HC are entering the season in. Might as well hire an unknown internal guy and hope for the best.

Goalposts moved.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Except I just showed you where it literally says most historians consider it a forgery.

This is from his own wiki page with references. Historians at the time thought he was lying and historians today think the letter is a forgery.
You would cite Wikipedia as a reliable source.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Amerigo was literally the dudes first name and North and South America were named after him. Meanwhile Columbus was thinking the Caribbean was India.