Bears Hire Sean Desai as DC

2Deep

Liked Posts:
Just came in from Ian Rappaport

Big move for the #Bears: Chicago is hiring Sean Desai to be its new defensive coordinator, sources say. To my knowledge, the first person of Indian descent to become a coordinator in the NFL. They call him “Doc” for his doctorate at Temple, now they’ll also call him DC.

2Deep

Liked Posts:

Was our safties coach.
Learned under Fangio.
Fangio tried to take him away from Bears.
Young and upcommer, who defense will look a whole lot more aggressive and attacking then we have been last 2 years.
Someone Kalil Mack and some of our defensive stars wanted as the D coordinator after UP CHUCK left.
Good hire

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Even if he is good i dont think it will fix the bears defensive woes. this defense just isnt as great as it used to be.

Rise

Liked Posts:
good, now it's time to gut the defense a bit and free some cap space. Sean is gotta have to develop younger guys.

What younger guys? This is what happens when you constantly trade away picks Bears have no depth or potential. Watch when someone goes down on the packers it’s usually a random 2nd round pick coming in as a reserve. Bears reap what they sow.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So he's the last rat aboard a sinking ship??

Nah, happy for the guy, and I hope this is good for his career. I would think if he has our defense looking better next year, that he'll have opportunities after Nagy and Pace get shitcanned.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
So he's the last rat aboard a sinking ship??

Nah, happy for the guy, and I hope this is good for his career. I would think if he has our defense looking better next year, that he'll have opportunities after Nagy and Pace get shitcanned.
Your last sentence sums it all up. If he comes out and has the defense playing like they did in 2018, he will be with the team next season.

Last edited:

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What younger guys? This is what happens when you constantly trade away picks Bears have no depth or potential. Watch when someone goes down on the packers it’s usually a random 2nd round pick coming in as a reserve. Bears reap what they sow.
Jaylon and the 2xDbs, and the DE/OLB Bears should draft this year..