Bears Hire Sean Desai as DC

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was explained in previous posts, look for Sam Acho comments.
Sam acho who is more outspoken than most, is the reason he is a “Fangio pupil”?

I don’t mind the move. I just think trying to justify the move by linking him to Fangio is a dumb. He spent 3 years under Fangio and in those 3 years, Fangio never promoted him. You guys realize Quality Control is the lowest position on an NFL coaching staff and they spend most of their days watching film. If Fangio was so impressed with him, why didn’t he ever promote him from a shitty quality control assistant?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was our safties coach.
Learned under Fangio.
Fangio tried to take him away from Bears.
Young and upcommer, who defense will look a whole lot more aggressive and attacking then we have been last 2 years.
Someone Kalil Mack and some of our defensive stars wanted as the D coordinator after UP CHUCK left.
Good hire

When did Fangio try to take him away and for what position?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Not sure what Indian descent has to do with anything. But I never heard of this guy.

Desai served in quality control role from 2013-2018 and as the safeties coach from 2019-2020.
This background is weak IMO. So now if you're a safeties coach for ONE yr. u can become a DC. Wow.
We should've hired Singletary.
Gotta start some day and somewhere. Good for him. Be more worried that our players couldn’t beat 1 on 1 matchups. That’s the players right there. Pagano did have some bad defensive calls but it wasn’t just him.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
When did Fangio try to take him away and for what position?
Biggs reported it. I’m guessing no one will ever know for sure or for what position unless Fangio comes out and says it himself.

Liked Posts:
It’s a low risk and logical move, worst case he’s a stop gap, not a big deal, the bears will suck ass next season regardless.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If nothing else, Temple is a great school concerning pedagogy, and getting a PHD in such from there is impressive. A large part of leading any group of people is teaching them the system they're tasked with executing and the reinforcement it requires to get them all to buy in. Sounds like that's his thing. Otherwise, don't know much about the guy.

greg23

Liked Posts:
There is no such thing as a Geromimo Indian. They are referred to as such because Columbus thought he landed in India when he found America, and the term stuck. America was founded completely incidentally. They are Native American. It’s not a big deal just thought I’d correct a misconception as I am also a minority.

Also he is Indian, as in from the South Asian Continent. It also doesn’t mean he is Hindu, just like a white guy can be Catholic instead of Christian.

I also can’t tell if you were joking or not so if you were, disregard everything I just said.

Still trying to figure out how a white guy (or anybody) can be Catholic instead of Christian??

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Biggs reported it. I’m guessing no one will ever know for sure or for what position unless Fangio comes out and says it himself.

And the next question would be why didn't he take it if it was a promotion or how did the Bears stop it. If true, I would love to hear the details, and there shouldn't be any reason for this not to be public.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
There is no such thing as a Geromimo Indian. They are referred to as such because Columbus thought he landed in India when he found America, and the term stuck. America was founded completely incidentally. They are Native American. It’s not a big deal just thought I’d correct a misconception as I am also a minority.

Also he is Indian, as in from the South Asian Continent. It also doesn’t mean he is Hindu, just like a white guy can be Catholic instead of Christian.

I also can’t tell if you were joking or not so if you were, disregard everything I just said.
Columbus didn't find America, he found the Caribbean. The Vikings found north America. Amerigo Vespucci found the americas...

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Columbus didn't find America, he found the Caribbean. The Vikings found north America. Amerigo Vespucci found the americas...

True, just pointing out that when Columbus arrived he intended to go to India, got lost, and that’s how referring to Native Americans as Indians began

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
And the next question would be why didn't he take it if it was a promotion or how did the Bears stop it. If true, I would love to hear the details, and there shouldn't be any reason for this not to be public.
If he was just promoting him to a position coach at the time it could be blocked

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Intriguing hire. Sounds like he's well respected etc.

But let's be real here...the success of this team in 2021 begins and ends with the offense. If Nagy can't get 1) the QB position right and 2) his offense to at the very least be a functional unit then the Bears are fucked anyways.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he's the last rat aboard a sinking ship??

Nah, happy for the guy, and I hope this is good for his career. I would think if he has our defense looking better next year, that he'll have opportunities after Nagy and Pace get shitcanned.

this

it was the only way bears had a chance at someone that is actually good. Had to be an up and comer that would jump at the chance even though it's with a lame duck HC and FO

Bust

Liked Posts:
True, just pointing out that when Columbus arrived he intended to go to India, got lost, and that’s how referring to Native Americans as Indians began

So Geronimo was an Indian. Apache Indian. It has better flow over calling him Native American Apache.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not being a wise ass, I have tried to find this online and haven't been able to find it. Just asking question of what job the Broncos offered him.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Another WOKE statement...he's Indian. Who cares what he is.
Yeah its weird. I dont give a shit if hes a martian as long as he has the defense playing at an elite level like they should. Im all for inclusion as long as its earned but i dont need to get beat over the head with it at every turn.