Bears home games even more of an advantage without fans

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be an article title - whether a real sports rag, or the Onion. ?

Did it ever get any better from our fans keeping quiet vs. cheering their lungs out when the offense is in the red zone?

I've not been to Soldier for a couple years but remember Cutler calling them out about it & was fairly sure some of the video boards kindly asked fans to "let the offense go to work". Is this "regression" of fan noise more helpful to the Bears' offense, or a reduction in home field advantage for the D? ?

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
These guys interviewing Blackhawks #3 overall pick Kirby Dach said in one of the Bear games a young fan was interviewed and was asked who his favorite player was. Kid said Mitch Trubisky and the whole stadium booed him, so in this particular case it's good for Mitchy to have an empty stadium to play in.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But we lose home field disadvantage. To be honest, I think Mitch feels more pressure at home trying to do well for Bear fans. Dude needs to chill and let it come to him.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fans cheering while the O has the ball is less of a thing.......its more for people writing clever articles and announcers having clever banter.....

Bears fans are a clear advantage for their team.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Might be one of the quietest stadiums when the defense is on the field. The lack of seats maybe to blame too.

It’s actually sad to experience.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be an article title - whether a real sports rag, or the Onion. ?

Did it ever get any better from our fans keeping quiet vs. cheering their lungs out when the offense is in the red zone?

I've not been to Soldier for a couple years but remember Cutler calling them out about it & was fairly sure some of the video boards kindly asked fans to "let the offense go to work". Is this "regression" of fan noise more helpful to the Bears' offense, or a reduction in home field advantage for the D? ?

Cutler used it as an excuse then and nothing has changed here .

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler used it as an excuse then and nothing has changed here .

No, I have been there with Bears fans screaming when the offense is on the field in situations where they should STFU. Don’t blame all the fans because it’s been so long since the Bears had a real NFL caliber offense. Some might say they’ve never had a QB dominated offense or a high powered offense.

To contrast, when P. Manning was at Indy I saw him play several times. When he was under center in important moments, you could hear a pin drop. Well, that is a stupid analogy but the point is legit. It is odd that Indy fans would be so much more enlightened about football.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Are pigeons still allowed to land on the field?

If so, we will continue to have a home field advantage

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What is the redzone?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The lack of Bears fans might be addition by subtraction.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Might be one of the quietest stadiums when the defense is on the field. The lack of seats maybe to blame too.

It’s actually sad to experience.

I was at the Chargers game last October and it wasn't quiet at all when the Chargers had the ball.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Well...considering fans would boo the offense before halftime, I'm sure it would be an advantage. Maybe the offense will be able to mentally breathe a little bit

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No, I have been there with Bears fans screaming when the offense is on the field in situations where they should STFU. Don’t blame all the fans because it’s been so long since the Bears had a real NFL caliber offense. Some might say they’ve never had a QB dominated offense or a high powered offense.

To contrast, when P. Manning was at Indy I saw him play several times. When he was under center in important moments, you could hear a pin drop. Well, that is a stupid analogy but the point is legit. It is odd that Indy fans would be so much more enlightened about football.
In my seating section, It's all random fans that gets tickets from STH sellers. them newbies are always drunk and never been to a BEARS game before, we always end up yelling at one another for 5 minutes too looong during the offense about how they should STFU during our offense, always seen lots of newbies get beat up and kicked out.
Witnessed a drunk Vikings/Allen fan spit on and back hand a security member, he was bragging about how it was his first time coming to Soldier Field and it took him everything to be there, only to end up doing just that getting kicked out, he was gone before halftime. Dude was yelling out all the bad shit he could at our players, he got checked on for threatening or not paying the beer vendor supposedly. It's always something different at Soldier Field.
It does pisses me off when the fans are loud when we got the ball, but nothing bugs me more than some of the regular STFU crowd at Soldier field that be that on that "no yelling shit" only to yell at the first and many other in-completed passes or when so and so comes onto the field...it pisses me off cuz i'm tryin to hear how players names are properly pronounced or listen when myself and the crowd didn't see what happened.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my seating section, It's all random fans that gets tickets from STH sellers. them newbies are always drunk and never been to a BEARS game before, we always end up yelling at one another for 5 minutes too looong during the offense about how they should STFU during our offense, always seen lots of newbies get beat up and kicked out.
Witnessed a drunk Vikings/Allen fan spit on and back hand a security member, he was bragging about how it was his first time coming to Soldier Field and it took him everything to be there, only to end up doing just that getting kicked out, he was gone before halftime. Dude was yelling out all the bad shit he could at our players, he got checked on for threatening or not paying the beer vendor supposedly. It's always something different at Soldier Field.
It does pisses me off when the fans are loud when we got the ball, but nothing bugs me more than some of the regular STFU crowd at Soldier field that be that on that "no yelling shit" only to yell at the first and many other in-completed passes or when so and so comes onto the field...it pisses me off cuz i'm tryin to hear how players names are properly pronounced or listen when myself and the crowd didn't see what happened.

They even tell fans to be quiet on the big electric signs Still some meatheads don't get it.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They even tell fans to be quiet on the big electric signs Still some meatheads don't get it.
Those are them people that accept everything to be gravy and perfect for their money's worth as it's the only time they'll ever buy a ticket to go to the game and never come back but just to socialize the fact they're at a Bears game for social media "likes" and attention, while never actually paying attention to the game at all for the most part, IMO.

Did you ever experienced some unfamiliar faces (obvious newbies) telling you or STH you know well in your section at SF, to basically fuck off or anything like that, if you or any STH had to asked them to quiet down? I don't start shit, because i don't want to ruin STH policies or anything because those tix are not mines to mess up at all and besides i'm getting popular with some of those regular familiar STH faces, they do remember and call me by name nowadays lately as i get to my seats(2-4-6).
Gotta wonder why you'll might see fellow bears fans scraping one other around the stadium's concourse. I only get to go to one (or more) game a year now, mostly. I get the sucky games..never really been to a BIG game yet or a Bears vs Packers game. ?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Those are them people that accept everything to be gravy and perfect for their money's worth as it's the only time they'll ever buy a ticket to go to the game and never come back but just to socialize the fact they're at a Bears game for social media "likes" and attention, while never actually paying attention to the game at all for the most part, IMO.

Did you ever experienced some unfamiliar faces (obvious newbies) telling you or STH you know well in your section at SF, to basically fuck off or anything like that, if you or any STH had to asked them to quiet down? I don't start shit, because i don't want to ruin STH policies or anything because those tix are not mines to mess up at all and besides i'm getting popular with some of those regular familiar STH faces, they do remember and call me by name nowadays lately as i get to my seats(2-4-6).
Gotta wonder why you'll might see fellow bears fans scraping one other around the stadium's concourse. I only get to go to one (or more) game a year now, mostly. I get the sucky games..never really been to a BIG game yet or a Bears vs Packers game. ?

I have never told anyone to quiet down. I have said or shouted quiet down, as have many others, to know one in particular. It isn’t just newbies in the meat head crowd. We know a few people around us. Occasionally you get the obnoxious opposing team Fans but they are so out numbered they are usually very cool. Eagles fans are the only major pricks that I‘ve seen but they also fight each other so it all works out.
The number of people posing for selfies or having their pics taken are just part of any crowd anymore.