Bears Interviewed Marrone Today....

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
....along with Austin. Still luke warm on Marrone. I don't doubt his ability to coach. I doubt he is a long term answer here and he appears to be quite the asshole when he doesn't get his way. Don't know how that would jive with Pace.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
....along with Austin. Still luke warm on Marrone. I don't doubt his ability to coach. I doubt he is a long term answer here and he appears to be quite the asshole when he doesn't get his way. Don't know how that would jive with Pace.

marrone is the only candidate that i'm really against. bailing on his team via a mass text, reports of him not liking the way the media treated him and of him being an absolute ego maniac despite having accomplished very little in the NFL. he would be a tough pill to swallow for me. i would try my best to believe he was a good hire, mind you, but it would be hard to do.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marrone needs to coach the Jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fuck I don't like this.

NobodyCares.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No reason to not interview Maroon. Nice to get the experience and greater perspective. Also good to get his side of any stories. Still don't want a Maroon as HC.

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Apparently the guy is an egomaniac - talking about Marrone. I like Austin, Bowles, Fox, and Quinn- in no particular order.

The best coach should get the job IMO.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Apparently the guy is an egomaniac - talking about Marrone. I like Austin, Bowles, Fox, and Quinn- in no particular order.

The best coach should get the job IMO.

Yeah I like the same 4. I guess Austin interviewed really well today, gave off a Tomlin vibe per EHC. That's got me going full meatball I love me some Tomlin. Trying to hold back.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I like the same 4. I guess Austin interviewed really well today, gave off a Tomlin vibe per EHC. That's got me going full meatball I love me some Tomlin. Trying to hold back.

EHC?

(Really interested, don't know what it means)

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
EHC?

That he blew the Bears away, much like Tomlin did with Pittsburgh. Came out of nowhere in a sense. He's been very impressive in interviews up to this point according to some NFL media guys.

I mean I'm sure the Bears did their homework and heard some good things about Austin, but there's still that element of surprise because he's not that well known.

Rise

Liked Posts:
EHC?

I think his name is Aaron Lemming on Twitter? Anyways he posts here and says he has some sources, he broke Pace before anyone else that I could find. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I think his name is Aaron Lemming on Twitter? Anyways he posts here and says he has some sources, he broke Pace before anyone else that I could find. Take it with a grain of salt I'd say.

I trust Aaron when it comes to Bears stuff. He posts things that seem pretty solid. I just hope his info is wrong on Marrone doing well.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I trust Aaron when it comes to Bears stuff. He posts things that seem pretty solid. I just hope his info is wrong on Marrone doing well.

He's the guy that posted the Pace stuff here right? I'm assuming that's the guy you guys are taking about.

Can't find him on Twitter but I remember his thread about Pace.

Mitchapalooza

EHC = EverybodyHatesCutler = @AaronLemingNFL

He's a really good person to follow on twitter. I get all my info from him and his retweets. He has some sources that were correct about Pace (after everyone was sure it was Ballard), gives good insight, etc.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Marrone is a good head coach but it's the getting along with others thing that i'm worried about. I still have my same list of Bowles,Quinn,Fox,Austin but i'm not sure how i'd feel about Marrone but i think him getting interviewed today is something to watch out for cause Marrone and Pace do have a past.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
EHC = EverybodyHatesCutler = @AaronLemingNFL

He's a really good person to follow on twitter. I get all my info from him and his retweets. He has some sources that were correct about Pace (after everyone was sure it was Ballard), gives good insight, etc.

I like him because he doesn't try to steer you with his info. Just reports the facts and makes sure it's known when he is stating an opinion.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Marrone is a good head coach but it's the getting along with others thing that i'm worried about. I still have my same list of Bowles,Quinn,Fox,Austin but i'm not sure how i'd feel about Marrone but i think him getting interviewed today is something to watch out for cause Marrone and Pace do have a past.

Or it could just be a favor. Marrone is a really good coach. It's just the baggage that comes with him and who knows how long he'd be here. I don't mind Pace interviewing him. I'm all for being as thorough as possible.