Bears land Capable QB ( Mock)

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Hill, Kelce and Watkins... Come on!

This offense pivots off the TE and the Bears were trotting out a stable of bums all year.

Again, Watkins is really JAG, might even be a cap casualty this year who’s only 26 and already on his 3rd team. Kelce is great, sure, but this board makes it seem like the Chiefs have this studly crew of players that’s out of this world. Maholmes is the guy that makes these guys look as good as they do.

jive

Liked Posts:
Mariota has been worse than Mitch the last three seasons, and failed to score more than 13 TDs in each of them. That was with an excellent offensive line and running game, average WRs, and a pro bowl tight end. He can't hit his WRs and has no deep ball to speak of. Worst arm talent I've ever seen from a first rounder. I don't see how anyone can see him as an upgrade to Trubisky. Or Chase Daniel for that matter.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Again, Watkins is really JAG, might even be a cap casualty this year who’s only 26 and already on his 3rd team. Kelce is great, sure, but this board makes it seem like the Chiefs have this studly crew of players that’s out of this world. Maholmes is the guy that makes these guys look as good as they do.

Hardman is pretty good too. He averaged 20.7 yards per catch and had 6 TDs as a rookie. Over 500 yards receiving on only 21 catches...

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
There’s a line of thought going around about Foles. Like, the Bears hired like all of his former coaches....

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I am on board with the main #1 goal each year is to find a great QB. I say each year you draft a QB until you find that great one and then you continue to do so. This game is predicated on great QB play to win the SB. I no longer buy into the philosophy of defense, running game and a decent QB. Let's find that great one and build around him.
The niners just went to the super bowl using the philosophy you no longer buy into...

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
And they lost..
Yes but would you rather A: go to the super bowl with a philosophy you no longer buy into and have a chance to win, or B: not, because you don't have a unicorn QB?

Good luck with that.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Kelce and Hill proved they were awesome before Mahomes got there.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone of the FAs is either a clear upgrade or financially logical to sign. Trubisky is on his last year of a rookie deal, you have to fix some of the other broken pieces regardless of who the QB is, so we'll let the FO try to sort that out in another offseason and maybe you get better results in 2020. I'm not proclaiming Trubisky to be a world beater if you improve the offensive line or get him TEs to make the system actually work, but it is the most economically sound move you can make now without giving the house away for a clear cut improvement in free agency... which even still the good talent are all dinosaurs. they won't be long term or even short term solutions. let it rock until 2021 when the Bears have a first round pick again. with some luck maybe they'll suck even more balls in 2020 and Pace can ruin a high pick once again to secure his way out.

if I know anything about this clowncar of a franchise it's that they're determined to be perennially pathetic. oh and the "elite" defense's window will be closed and we'll be back to 2012 all over again.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
Yes but would you rather A: go to the super bowl with a philosophy you no longer buy into and have a chance to win, or B: not, because you don't have a unicorn QB?

Good luck with that.

I'd rather hunt every single year for that really good to great QB that gives us a real shot for the next 15 years. And you can still play the def, rb and ok QB while you are doing this but just don't make it your primary strategy. What's less likely is winning a SB with that setup than a great QB. Let's play to win for a change.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
Mariota has more mobility than Dalton. Mariota is a better fit for what we do on 'O'. Mariota would provide completion for
Mitch.

Given what happened in Tenn., I think Mariota would come in here with a chip on his shoulder.....ready to prove how wrong Tenn. was for benching him. All this is good us.

Ya, a chip on his shoulder is the piece he's been missing all these years...

It would be cheaper to just chip Mitchell's shoulder so that he would be good. Actually just chip both shoulders to be safe. This plan has no flaws.

#endthread

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Our QB sucks, but let’s blame everyone else BUT him. This board is full of fuckin idiots and Trubisky Homos. Who the fuck does KC have as a 2nd receiver? The GREAT Sammy Watkins? The guy that’s bounced around the league? Or how about their RB, a guy who couldn’t even stick in Miami.

Wake the fuck up people. A solid QB with a coach that knows how to maximize his potential makes everyone else THAT much better.
Good to see you have found some spare time to post between "rallies."

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not taking anything away from Mahomes but guess who was the highest rated QB the year before he started.

Last edited:

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I know I'll catch flack for this but I'd rather take a flyer on Winston over Mariota and Dalton or even Rivers.

Dalton and Rivers simply for $$ reasons (either would be our only play in FA and probably still too steep)

Mariota is so bland and uninspiring, I feel like he would be a clear upgrade over Chase but that's pretty much it.

Jameis would be FUN - not better than anyone else on the list - but just balls-out fun if he had to start a few games or more.

I am not whats-his-avatar. The guy here who thinks Winston is actually good, but I'd actually be INTERESTED in the Bears offense this coming year with Winston

... and that is more than I can say for any rookie in the 2nd round or any other FA QB and that even includes Brady (who I project to struggle even more so outside of NE).
I have to agree, he can at least complete passes downfield.

Seriously the guy looks like a surefire all pro one week and then he looks like a backup the next, but those weeks with him killing it would be a nice change of pace.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Have you ever been knocked to the ground and then someone pissess on you, that's what this is pathetic.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like if the Bears pick up a FA QB, they won’t be able to afford upgrading the O line or TE to support him and will have to rely entirely on the draft. I’d be really interested to hear if anyone can think of a scenario that contradicts that though.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mariota has been worse than Mitch the last three seasons, and failed to score more than 13 TDs in each of them. That was with an excellent offensive line and running game, average WRs, and a pro bowl tight end. He can't hit his WRs and has no deep ball to speak of. Worst arm talent I've ever seen from a first rounder. I don't see how anyone can see him as an upgrade to Trubisky. Or Chase Daniel for that matter.

And that is precisely why Pace will go out and get him in FA.

Liked Posts:
Off season upon us and the dumbest of threads being rolled out. Every NFL QB is capable or they wouldn't be in the NFL. How 'bout looking for a really good QB or, dare I say, a great one.

I dont how arent seeing the QB talent in this draft. Outside of Fromm, I like every QB all the way down to Patterson. I would run to the podium for a kid like Eason.

If Pace truely is about drafting BPA, I believe QBs have to be part of the discussion.