Bears lead NFL in most 3rd downs

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Well that’s new. Never in my life have I seen a bears offense convert so many third downs.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Since I don't have the stats off hand, I wonder what their average 3rd down "yards to gain" is? Purely speculating but I'd imagine it's gotta be 3rd and 7ish or further. Seems like they're constantly in 3rd and long and then Justin bails them out with a crazy ass play to keep the drive going. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah but Leatherneck Tom in Lansing says he's a running back because passing yardage, so i'm gonna take him word that Fields sucks.

Fields is playing alright...but Imagine how many 3rd downs he would convert if he was a white pocket passer!

I can see why georgia made him second string, we totally need a guy like jake fromm.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah but Leatherneck Tom in Lansing says he's a running back because passing yardage, so i'm gonna take him word that Fields sucks.

I read a Twitter comment from "Hi2369" in Wisconsin that Bustin doesn't go through his reads, stares down receivers, and will never improve. He also called him a runningback, and that he sucks. Oh yeah, and Christian Watson is apparently the son of Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Since I don't have the stats off hand, I wonder what their average 3rd down "yards to gain" is? Purely speculating but I'd imagine it's gotta be 3rd and 7ish or further. Seems like they're constantly in 3rd and long and then Justin bails them out with a crazy ass play to keep the drive going. I could be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time.
I thought I saw recently that Fields has made 51 or so 1sts by himself running.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I read a Twitter comment from "Hi2369" in Wisconsin that Bustin doesn't go through his reads, stares down receivers, and will never improve. He also called him a runningback, and that he sucks. Oh yeah, and Christian Watson is apparently the son of Terrell Owens and Randy Moss.
Oh so you found @greg23 on twitter? :ROFLMAO:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When people start staying this shit it's a tell that they have no clue what they are watching. Game after game, people breakdown Fields tape that says the exact opposite.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
When people start staying this shit it's a tell that they have no clue what they are watching. Game after game, people breakdown Fields tape that says the exact opposite.
You black = you cant read defenses and are 1 read and cant throw the ball but are a great workhorse RB!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think they are doing badly in general with runs on 1st and 2nd down. It's mainly when the SOBs are in scoring position that they screw the pooch so bad. It drives me nuts and puts them in too many large 3rd down holes. What do you think?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Big part of this is because Bears run on like 90% of 2nd & longs situations and dont often pick up the first. I wonder though what their average yards to go on 3rd down is, im guessing its one of the better teams in the league there.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Well that’s new. Never in my life have I seen a bears offense convert so many third downs.
2015 Bears did it too, I think they had most 3rd down conversions or something absurd. Adam Gase and his bullshit playcalling and the novice linemen with multiple false starts every drive.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
wonder how many games we would have won with a competent defense

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure our increase in 3rd downs is a cause made by the fact we run the ball a whole lot more. Even on 2nd and long. Mimicking a 49ers and Younger Lamar Jackson offense.

Good news is, it has lead to more 3rd and shorts to which when we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties, we can normally be a huge RPO threat.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don't think they are doing badly in general with runs on 1st and 2nd down. It's mainly when the SOBs are in scoring position that they screw the pooch so bad. It drives me nuts and puts them in too many large 3rd down holes. What do you think?
I agree with you, play calls and execution in the red zone stink.

mecha

Liked Posts:
wonder how many games we would have won with a competent defense
if you're putting up 30+ points and losing, your offense isn't the problem, so yes.

I'd rather they take their lumps now and build something for the future instead of constantly bandaiding like Pace did