Bears linked to Trent Williams

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If he can put together two more years that are as good as the one he just had in San Francisco then its very worth it. If the Bears plan drafting a quarterback there's not many you could ask for better to protect him his first season or two as a starter, as long as he's still got enough left in the tank.

Personally I think its a risk worth taking. Also probably means Allen Robinson II packs his bags if they sign Williams.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'm kind of thinking Trent Williams is an investment they might make if they can't get russ or Watson. Then they'd invest in the oline to make a mediocre qb look good

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'm kind of thinking Trent Williams is an investment they might make if they can't get russ or Watson. Then they'd invest in the oline to make a mediocre qb look good
Which to be fair a team not too long ago won a title doing with the exactly the guy the Bears currently have on the roster.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Which to be fair a team not too long ago won a title doing with the exactly the guy the Bears currently have on the roster.
Good point, and the Chiefs showed us a great QB can't compensate for a bad Oline. But and amazing Oline can compensate for an average QB.

shoez90

Liked Posts:
Good point, and the Chiefs showed us a great QB can't compensate for a bad Oline. But and amazing Oline can compensate for an average QB.
The Chiefs beat us 9 outta 10 times. We talking kinda big for being GB door mat let's focus on getting players worth a fuk that can put us in the winning habit first.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Chiefs beat us 9 outta 10 times. We talking kinda big for being GB door mat let's focus on getting players worth a fuk that can put us in the winning habit first.
Yeah because we have had neither a good OLine nor a good QB last year.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And for the record I think the Bears need to shore up QB first. Getting Trent allows you to go all out for QB in the draft if you can't secure Wilson or Watson.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Yup.

If you can't strike at wilson, my guess is they go hard at a tackle in FA and then try to draft a young QB.

Maybe pace is finally figuring out that bad oline play can make any QB look like shit. He probably took his head out of virginia's pooty hole and watched the superbowl.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can put together two more years that are as good as the one he just had in San Francisco then its very worth it. If the Bears plan drafting a quarterback there's not many you could ask for better to protect him his first season or two as a starter, as long as he's still got enough left in the tank.

Personally I think its a risk worth taking. Also probably means Allen Robinson II packs his bags if they sign Williams.

Cool lecture bro.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Same story every year, Bears are in on all the big FA names but wind up overpaying for scrubs.

Will happen again, same as it ever was

Rise

Liked Posts:
Same story every year, Bears are in on all the big FA names but wind up overpaying for scrubs.

They aren’t really in on these guys. They use the media to create an illusion.

Liked Posts:

or they were in on these free agents but the players chose to sign elsewhere for a better chance at winning a championship and/or more money.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If this means they cut Leno, yes. Edit: and draft one at 20

Leno has value. Guy hasn't missed a start and is on a tradeable contract. Bears can get a 5th-6th round for him