KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I'd rather talk speculations than act like a bunch of teenager girls who find a different user to pick just because their flow may be a little off.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd rather talk speculations than act like a bunch of teenager girls who find a different user to pick just because their flow may be a little off.

You new to CCS?

Let you in on a funny story. back in the offseason for 2015, just about everyone and their mother was pulling for Chris Ballard to be the next Bears GM, and most reporters had it as a done deal.

We had on our forum a guy by the name of Aaron Leming, who through some odd circumstance said he had an actual source at Halas Hall, and said no, contrary to the reports, Ryan Pace would be the next GM.

Well, as you would expect, all the trolls and ne'er-do-wells came out of the woodwork and roasted the guy alive here on the forums. All the same bullshit they lay on ANYONE who wants to get into speculative Bears news. They hammered this poor dude like nothing else...

And he ended up being RIGHT.

Not only that, but he was the ONLY one who called it basically anywhere. That got him an interview on the radio, which then he seized on with a few more things based on his "insider info" that ended up right, and then he flipped it completely into a sports journalism career.

While all the jackasses here are still the same mental midgets they've always been.

Just slap the trolls on ignore. They are stupid and never learn. And taking away their ability to troll by ignoring them is the one way to win. There's still plenty of us who enjoy just talking Bears here, even if it is all speculation, as we are mature enough to know most of it is just killing time talking about our favorite football team anyway, so we don't get all self-righteous keyboard-warrior over it...

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
As for the report itself - be careful with SportsMockery. Erik Lambert has pulled not just speculation, but pretended to have inside sources one too many times that were dead wrong and thus people on this forum rightly do not trust him.

That being said, this one is more of an editorialization, but at least it is sourced from known insiders like Albert Breer.

I agree with him (and have said it before too) - I think Josh McDaniels will end up as the Bears Head Coach. Not saying that I am ok or comfortable with that, but I can see it happening, and I didn't even know about Trace Armstrong, which is another interesting wrinkle.

My gut right now says McDaniels gets it, for one reason only - the Bears are planning to sell, and landing McDaniels would be the move that makes the most waves....

mecha

Liked Posts:
You new to CCS?

Let you in on a funny story. back in the offseason for 2015, just about everyone and their mother was pulling for Chris Ballard to be the next Bears GM, and most reporters had it as a done deal.

We had on our forum a guy by the name of Aaron Leming, who through some odd circumstance said he had an actual source at Halas Hall, and said no, contrary to the reports, Ryan Pace would be the next GM.

Well, as you would expect, all the trolls and ne'er-do-wells came out of the woodwork and roasted the guy alive here on the forums. All the same bullshit they lay on ANYONE who wants to get into speculative Bears news. They hammered this poor dude like nothing else...

And he ended up being RIGHT.

Not only that, but he was the ONLY one who called it basically anywhere. That got him an interview on the radio, which then he seized on with a few more things based on his "insider info" that ended up right, and then he flipped it completely into a sports journalism career.

While all the jackasses here are still the same mental midgets they've always been.

Just slap the trolls on ignore. They are stupid and never learn. And taking away their ability to troll by ignoring them is the one way to win. There's still plenty of us who enjoy just talking Bears here, even if it is all speculation, as we are mature enough to know most of it is just killing time talking about our favorite football team anyway, so we don't get all self-righteous keyboard-warrior over it...
you just called me a stupid motherfucker and a cunt.

you sir, are wonderful.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Oh God McDaniels wears a visor as well? He has to stop wearing it if he is new Bears HC. I don't want to remotely remember Nagy after he is fired.

Dick Butka

Liked Posts:
Might be the guy I most prefer at the moment. He was definitely right about Cutler.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Give me Josh McDaniels or give me death!

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
I assume the bears are going to royally fuck this up. They'll probably fire Nagy, let pace botch the hc search, then promote him and hire a bad gm who doesn't want the crap coach they just hired
Yep. That’s Bearsness….

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
As far as “leaks” go, a lot of times these leaks come from agents trying to stir interest or leverage cash.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So who exactly is leaking this crap to the supposed insiders? George and Ted can't even figure out who to hire as a GM without someone telling them. Pace may or may not be the GM after this year and may or may not even know what his status is after this season. I doubt Pace is running around talking to people about who he likes as the next Bears coach.
Lambert reads the pee spots in his shorts like tea leaves. That's his leak and why his articles are dribble.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck, do we need to post every article by this nobody blogger?
No disrespect to the OP, but as often as this blogger was being shared here was a big reason I faded away from this board the past few years.

We've all had bad calls, but this guy is cringe on just about every take he has. I'll never get over his call on Twitter of Matt Barkley (currently with the Bears at the time) to be the next Kirk Cousins (who was currently with Washington at the time). Multiple people showed him the many differences between the two and he just got upset and blocked them.

Whatever he gets paid to post the garbage he posts is too much.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great read.

I get the similarities to Nagy is why Bears fans wouldn't want him, but I think Pederson was close to crushing it in Philly if Wentz didn't tear up his knee (he still won a super bowl that year regardless).

He had the Eagles on top of the world in that stint and had to try to keep winning with Foles and never really got a healthy Wentz back...all while having a bad defense throughout his tenure. That 31-17 three year stint including a Super Bowl with three playoff appearances and a few division titles...was pretty impressive. The Eagles were so banged up his 5th year no one was winning.

Spare me the "deliberately tried to lose a game"...he pulled Hurts after he was 7-20 or something terrible. Pederson would crush it with Fields.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want McDaniels or anyone else from the Patriots.
I'd be open to him as a coach, but with a new team president and new GM hiring him. I just don't see McDaniels leaving New England to be a HC somewhere without full autonomy (hiring his own GM and being able to pull the strings himself).

I think McDaniels sees himself as the next in line to be HC after BB leaves (which could be a while, but I don't think McDaniels cares). If McDaniels didn't want full control- he would've left for Indy, but he didn't.

I've said this in other threads, but if McDaniels wants full control I'd easily pass on that.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll add this regarding what happened with McDaniels and the colts, from albert breer:

Great share and I've never heard it, but not surprised.

I think its very similar to why Angelo couldn't land Saban. Saban wanted way more control than what Angelo was willing to give up.

It'll be the same with McDaniels and the only track record he has of having full autonomy was in Denver, which was a dumpster fire.