Bears may not be able to rescind fifth year option on Trubisky in the new CBA

reggie_love

Liked Posts:
Bears should just do what Kyle Long said. Get a power RB and pound the rock, that's what Trubisky was brought here to do
Not really. He was #2 overall. He was brought in to be a franchise qb. You dont spend those resources one game manager. I think Kyle is probably right unfortunately pace ficked the pooch.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
He needs to be better than 2018 yes. Chase Daniel doesnt get Joliet catholic into the playoffs last year he is a booger eating bum.

With Daniels playing a full season, Bears easily get 2 more wins to finish 10-6 minimum.

Bears offense with Mitch leading majority of starts finished 11 of 16 games without a TD in the 1st half, lead the league in punts (byproduct of the offense). If you don't think Daniels improves on these numbers you nuts.

Bears Defense also had a rash of injuries (probably from being on the field 70pct of games, thx Mitch!), didn't get the ball bounces like they did 2018, was on the field a shit ton due to Mitch's ineptness and still managed to carry the team to 8 wins.

Daniels easily gets them 2 extra wins.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
With Daniels playing a full season, Bears easily get 2 more wins to finish 10-6 minimum.

Bears offense with Mitch leading majority of starts finished 11 of 16 games without a TD in the 1st half, lead the league in punts (byproduct of the offense). If you don't think Daniels improves on these numbers you nuts.

Bears Defense also had a rash of injuries (probably from being on the field 70pct of games, thx Mitch!), didn't get the ball bounces like they did 2018, was on the field a shit ton due to Mitch's ineptness and still managed to carry the team to 8 wins.

I realize most posters hate Mitch the player but this is the kind of meatball bullshit that makes this fan base seem so incredibly dumb. Chase Daniel looks like a HS gym teacher running around out there. Each of the last two years he played about average in his first game and then was humiliated the following week when a game plan was in place for him. If he started the whole year, they would have been lucky to win 4 games.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They can make whatever move they want and tie their futures to Carr etc if they prefer. All this shit is overstated. The pick itself won't affect anything if they win. If they ride Mitch, it's because, right or wrong, they still think he's their best option. This isn't emo fan shit.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I realize most posters hate Mitch the player but this is the kind of meatball bullshit that makes this fan base seem so incredibly dumb. Chase Daniel looks like a HS gym teacher running around out there. Each of the last two years he played about average in his first game and then was humiliated the following week when a game plan was in place for him. If he started the whole year, they would have been lucky to win 4 games.

Never heard of Jack Lantern until recently but he mostly posts trash. He's legit the prototypical meatball chicago poster. Gets all his sports information from shock jock radio and has low knowledge as far as the actual sport goes.

All it takes is two games of chase daniel to realize you don't want to see anymore chase daniel.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They can make whatever move they want and tie their futures to Carr etc if they prefer. All this shit is overstated. The pick itself won't affect anything if they win. If they ride Mitch, it's because, right or wrong, they still think he's their best option. This isn't emo fan shit.

Ohh, trust me, it is, because right now CRM is somewhere crying about Pat Mahomes on a Sunday in February. Doesn't get more emo than that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You cannot give him a 25/million option.

If by some 2% chance he balls out then you tag him and eat the additional 5 million.

Reactions: Myk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Trubisky narrative would be so much cleaner and simpler if people didn’t need exaggerate things. Chase daniel sucks. No one wants to watch Chase Daniel.

Mitch isn’t good enough. I was a terrible pick. He will be most likely gone in 2021. Let’s focus on those facts and not ridiculous statements about Hobbit Clipboard caddies.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never change, CCS.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The Trubisky narrative would be so much cleaner and simpler if people didn’t need exaggerate things. Chase daniel sucks. No one wants to watch Chase Daniel.

Mitch isn’t good enough. I was a terrible pick. He will be most likely gone in 2021. Let’s focus on those facts and not ridiculous statements about Hobbit Clipboard caddies.
or gone this year, don't discount that.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

I will say chase is smarter than mitch and probably would be better if it had mitches physical tools. But he doesnt so he sucks. And mitch while has the phyical tools is an idiot. They both suck.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never heard of Jack Lantern until recently but he mostly posts trash. He's legit the prototypical meatball chicago poster. Gets all his sports information from shock jock radio and has low knowledge as far as the actual sport goes.

All it takes is two games of chase daniel to realize you don't want to see anymore chase daniel.
So after 2 years, why can't you say the same about Trubisky?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will say chase is smarter than mitch and probably would be better if it had mitches physical tools. But he doesnt so he sucks. And mitch while has the phyical tools is an idiot. They both suck.
Kinda where we're at until shown otherwise.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I didn't know we ever could offer the 5th and rescind it later. That's not too glowing of a review that we're not going for it.

He's not a $25M / year QB. Even the biggest Mitch supporters can't agree to that.

We could draft somebody in the 2nd round this year, develop them for a year and give them the reigns at a fraction of the cost and probably get the same result.

If we're forced to go the $25M / year route then we have to see if guys like Carr are available.

OMG YES!!!11 We must save monies on the QB position. Bargain basement QBs are Bears Footbaw.
I think the odds of Mitch becoming a great QB are almost zero and was all for picking another high pick the year after he was drafted (we may not have been in this situation if we had BTW) but do you people ever read what you type?

You want to save money on every position on the offense. Anyone can play oline, WRs are divas, RBs are too injured, we could save so much at QB. Yes that is Bears' football, and you want to keep on going back to it and wonder why the Bears suck so hard.
We've got one of the best defenses in the NFL and we still can't win with a bad offense. If you want to save money get rid of those pass rushers you all thing we need 20 of. Until we can learn to make an offense we need to spend all the money on offense, that's where we need gods at every position.
We can't develop a high pick QB projected to be good. What makes you think we can develop QBs projected to be less? Yes we could end up in the same boat of suckage for less money. And we still suck. Is it your money?

Teams figured out how to defeat great defenses, they put their talent on offense so the rules are stacked in their favor. If the Bears can't come around to that fact of modern NFL they may as well sell the team to a different city and save all the money.

Trubisky is here for his 4th year. If he sucks we have a pick to replace him with. And we better pick right because it will be an instant starter.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Interested to see the performance scaling, but Mitchs contract wont be retroactively changed by a new CBA so this is moot.

Reactions: Myk