Bears Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Round 1: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
The Bears really need a big, tall WR who Jay can rely on, throw jump balls to, and be a #1 receiver. Michael Floyd can be just that and in a stacked receiver class I could see him falling to the Bears.

Round 2: Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
Olin Kreutz will unfortunately be back next season, but he has been abysmal for a while now. Wisniewski is exactly what the Bears need at center and he can play OG while Kreutz is still a Bear.

Round 3: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Austin had to sit out the season after being suspended indefinitely by his coach Butch Davis. The Bears have a need at UT and Austin is an athletic freak with a ton of potential. He can play too high at times and his motor has been questioned, but he'd be a steal here in the 3rd.

Round 4: Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
A pure cover corner with ball skills, something the Bears need w/ their below average CBs.

Round 5: Justin Boren, OG, Ohio State
More help for the O-Line. Boren is a fine run blocker who is good in pass pro as well.

Round 6: Chas Henry, P, Florida
Brad Maynard is done. His weak leg is hurting the Bears on ST and Henry brings a strong leg who can boot it in the cold and windy Chicago weather.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
As nice as it would be to get Austin in the 3rd round, your sick if you think he's gunna fall that far.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
As nice as it would be to get Austin in the 3rd round, your sick if you think he's gunna fall that far.
It's not that far fetched. He's this year's Carlos Dunlap, and he fell to the 2nd. Dunlap would've fallen much farther had the Bengals not chosen him then, but he turned out to be well worth the pick. Austin's character and effort concerns will really lower his draft stock IMO.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not that far fetched. He's this year's Carlos Dunlap, and he fell to the 2nd. Dunlap would've fallen much farther had the Bengals not chosen him then, but he turned out to be well worth the pick. Austin's character and effort concerns will really lower his draft stock IMO.
Then its not likely the Bears will take him and waste a pick with personality issues or a questionable motor. We dont need a Harris clone.

Jysen

I Want To Believe...
Donator
Liked Posts:
As for the Draft: Free Agency will determine a lot to how we draft. Its clear they are relatively content with our WRs. We will draft an OL or a DT in the 1st round. 2nd round will most likely be the other. Again, this depends if we find talent in F.A. But as it stands, with our current issues that needs addressing, OL is the most important. WR via F.A. imo or later round. Round 3 on maybe LB, CB, OL, DT, TE or WR. Maynard will remain as hes a consistent directional punter. Unless theres another they like.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wisnewski is more likely a 1st round pick and Floyd is more likely a 2nd round pick.

Harris was fine being a questionable motor player for 3 years. Injuries destroying him was the only true problem with Harris.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Round 1: Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
The Bears really need a big, tall WR who Jay can rely on, throw jump balls to, and be a #1 receiver. Michael Floyd can be just that and in a stacked receiver class I could see him falling to the Bears.

Round 2: Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
Olin Kreutz will unfortunately be back next season, but he has been abysmal for a while now. Wisniewski is exactly what the Bears need at center and he can play OG while Kreutz is still a Bear.

Round 3: Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Austin had to sit out the season after being suspended indefinitely by his coach Butch Davis. The Bears have a need at UT and Austin is an athletic freak with a ton of potential. He can play too high at times and his motor has been questioned, but he'd be a steal here in the 3rd.

Round 4: Davon House, CB, New Mexico State
A pure cover corner with ball skills, something the Bears need w/ their below average CBs.

Round 5: Justin Boren, OG, Ohio State
More help for the O-Line. Boren is a fine run blocker who is good in pass pro as well.

Round 6: Chas Henry, P, Florida
Brad Maynard is done. His weak leg is hurting the Bears on ST and Henry brings a strong leg who can boot it in the cold and windy Chicago weather.

I'll take them all, thanks.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think I want Stanford's entire O-Line in the 2nd round.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
do7yuw.jpg

Is the TRUTH. Nate Irving from NC State SHOULD be Urlacher's replacement down the line. Snag his ass up now people.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling we're not drafting a WR in the early rounds.

Relapse

Leddy > Cullimore
Liked Posts:
Is the TRUTH. Nate Irving from NC State SHOULD be Urlacher's replacement down the line. Snag his ass up now people.

Putting too much on his intangibles. He is not fast enough and undersized in my opinion.

Give me Kelvin Sheppard, he can start at mike linebacker now and take Urlacher's place when the time comes.

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Gimme as many Wisconsin/Stanford OL as you can possibly get in the first 4 rounds (you obviously won't get 4)...1 or 2 WRs in the first 5 picks (preferably 1 in the 1st/2nd and one in the 4th/5th and all linemen in between

The best combine freak you can find at MLB in the 5th/6th...Urlacher can school him and if he fails we draft a no doubter NEXT YEAR...Urlacher is fine for now...we know that.

...and a punter in the 7th (preferably from the Big East or Big Ten, as those are cold weather/windy venues)...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think I want Stanford's entire O-Line in the 2nd round.
Jonathan Martin is the only draftable player on that O-Line, and he's only a Redshirt sophomore who I see declaring in the 2012 Draft

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
ZAN;182968[B said:
]Gimme as many Wisconsin/Stanford OL as you can possibly get in the first 4 rounds (you obviously won't get 4)[/B]...1 or 2 WRs in the first 5 picks (preferably 1 in the 1st/2nd and one in the 4th/5th and all linemen in between

The best combine freak you can find at MLB in the 5th/6th...Urlacher can school him and if he fails we draft a no doubter NEXT YEAR...Urlacher is fine for now...we know that.

...and a punter in the 7th (preferably from the Big East or Big Ten, as those are cold weather/windy venues)...
Carimi is IMO a RT in the NFL and he could play LT in a run-dominant offense. I'd love to have John Moffitt though.

JohnGio56

Liked Posts:
I really like Michael Floyd as our late first round wide receiver pick. He seems to catch everything that's thrown near him and his YAC capability is amazing. I also like the Marvin Austin pick. If he is available in the 3rd round that is a no-brainer. Great job!

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Gabe Carimi if he's there.....

Maybe we could trade up to get Floyd in the early 2nd if we aren't liking how our OL board looks....

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Gabe Carimi wouldn't be worth it. The positions of need on their O-line are LT and C. Not RT, they have 3/4 guys who could play RT still. Carimi could likely be better but he isn't worth the value because of need.

I don't think Kruetz is coming back at all.. but there is talk that Garza could move over and benefit playing center next year as well as still be an experienced player.

I'd hope their first pick late 1st is of Wisnewski or Pouncey. The only way they get one of them in the 2nd is if they trade back from the 1st, which JA has done so, who knows. But having one of them play RG 1 year then move over to play center the next year and on would by an ideal vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.